Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low insulin - what does it mean? page 2

DoctorB2B is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey everyone,

My Mum just got a set of blood tests back. Her insulin is extremely low (never been like that before). Does anyone know what this indicates?

Her D3 was also really low - I seem to remember reading somewhere that this could be related? She has had hashimoto's for 10 years, but her insulin has never been out of the ordinary before now.
    What was her glucose reading? You said normal but what was the number?

How are other aspects of her health? What was her BP? What meds is she on? What other concurrent illnesses? Did they check her HbA1c? Any recent weight changes or other changes in health.

Need a bit more info to help out as this is too broad a question to accurately answer.

To answer your other question about vit d3 and hashimoto's ... VD3 def can be an precipitating factor for hypothyroidism.

So give me a little insight, either here or via PM, and i'll offer what I can.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Alright, just making sure you weren't over-stressing about something that is probably not an issue. It's great that you're looking out for your mom. I was just sharing what I've learned. If you find anything interesting in your research, let us know.
    Thanks for the concern Yodiewan, and the support As you said, it's probably nothing, but I just want to make sure it's not a preliminary symptom of something else. I read on another forum that someone's insulin levels started shooting up and down right before she was diagnosed with Type 2. Will keep searching...

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorB2B View Post
    What was her glucose reading? You said normal but what was the number?

How are other aspects of her health? What was her BP? What meds is she on? What other concurrent illnesses? Did they check her HbA1c? Any recent weight changes or other changes in health.

Need a bit more info to help out as this is too broad a question to accurately answer.

To answer your other question about vit d3 and hashimoto's ... VD3 def can be an precipitating factor for hypothyroidism.

So give me a little insight, either here or via PM, and i'll offer what I can.
    Thanks so much Doc - I'll find all that out and get back to you!

micheljohn1 is offline Junior Member
    Low insulin level means that body facing a type 2 diabetes problem.you should need to take a effective medication to control diabetes.insulin is a hormone that reduce glucose from body.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12