Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fasting page 2

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Some people can fast for an extended period of time, but for others, it's really not a good idea. The problem is that most people, me included, can't admit when something is not a good idea even when facing some very clear signs that their body is in trouble.
    I think this is a very 'balanced' response. Note the liberal use of the word 'some'.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I think this is a very 'balanced' response. Note the liberal use of the word 'some'.
    There is nothing 'balanced' about your response. You said~

Some people can fast for an extended period of time, but for others, it's really not a good idea. The problem is that most people, me included, can't admit when something is not a good idea even when facing some very clear signs that their body is in trouble.
    Fasting is a hardwired primitive survival ability that enabled early man to get past a famine. And that's the bottom line. Those that can't fast are either doing it wrong (not doing the correct prep work) or have medical issues that would have eliminated their early ancestors. It's that simple.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Someone's a little cranky from not eating. Time to have some food

That's your best? (yes, that's a pun)

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    ...and why would you want to fast for 4 days? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    ...and why would you want to fast for 4 days? Just curious.
    IMO~ anything over a 24hr.(one meal a day) fast would be for the purpose of clearing the system of mal-nutritious (aka immune reactive) foods. For me, clearing my body (healing eczema) of the effect of wheat/gluten took 10 days of fasting.

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    I didn't have a specific set goal in mind...I've just read fasts can do good things...someone mentioned that organs could be beneficially effected after 5 days....so..I'm just winging it to see what comes of it.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    I did my first 24 hour fast yesterday, became more like a 29 hour fast, I do leangains type if'ing went and worked out at lunch and got called into a meeting when I got back. By the time the meeting was over, it was 3:00 PM and I did not get a chance to eat and thought what the heck, let's turn this into a 24 hour fast..... I felt fine, not dizzy, not hungry. I probably could have gone longer till this morning without problems. I am type II and have a blood meter. Interesting about your sugars, the longer I fast the more my sugars go up, with out food, the body starts releasing sugars into the system to keep things running AKA converting your fat back into usable sugars. That is why diabetics test first thing in the morning in a fasted state. Man, if my sugars were at 50, I would be in a ball on the floor whimpering and my wife would be running around getting some juice for me to drink to get my sugars back to normal.....
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

I'm probably early stage type 2 not that progressed. My blood sugar on my last two blood tests were 126-137 and my doctor said she considered that diabetic. I've been eating very few carbohydrates for awhile but my fasting blood sugars were still 110 or so at times....I'm curious to see what they do when I start eating again.

Jack Kruse

You should check out all the blogs on cold thermogenesis. Cold actually gets rid of fat cells instead of just reducing the fat in them if my understanding is correct. This isn't the only benefit but it can be very good for anyone dealing with excess. My thoughts are...maybe because it was in one of those posts...not sure is that when a making a new fat cell and than filling it takes more work than just filling a fat cell so when you get rid of some of them it'll be harder to gain back the weight...not sure if that's true or not.

Leptin Reset/Cold Thermogenesis are really interesting.
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)

7:25 A.M. 65 Blood Sugar a bit closer to the ideal of 70.
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast