Page 93 of 552 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Before and after pics page 93

Roo
    Roo is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    [QUOTE=misathemeb;213062 (i haven't had a child but i get so upset when i hear women say oh...i can't ever get my body back after a child and use motherhood as an excuse to stay overweight). i just want to say to them- you don't even need to leave the house to work out! bodyweight exercise/burpees/pushups/yoga etc. are miracles!! abs are made in the kitchen![/QUOTE]

Oh, honey . . . your words may come back to bite you in the ass (or rather, abs). There are many reasons women can't get their bodies back after pregnancy. Here are a few:

1) Multiples: Mothers of twins and higher can tell you that no matter how lean you are, gaining 30 to 40 pounds centered in your abdomen in 6 months will stretch the skin and it may not ever spring back. Most moms of multiples have a flap of stretched skin that only a tummy tuck will fix.

2) Diastasis: This is a separation that can occur in the abdominal muscles during pregnancy. It is fixable, but it requires specific exercises with precise form. Very difficult for most women to achieve.

3) Hormones: Especially for older moms, hormones can be thrown out of whack by a pregnancy. Some women need progesterone, thyroid meds, or other hormones, and those who don't fix their hormones are doomed to a flabby belly no matter how they eat.

4) Age: I can tell you from experience that having a child at 32 and having a child at 40 are two different experiences. The older you are when you give birth, the more likely it is that your skin is not elastic enough to spring back into shape. I am 5'7", 136 pounds. Very toned legs, fantastically muscular arms. . . and a poochy belly that drives me nuts and does not respond to exercise, and is certainly not "made in the kitchen".

Okay. . . .I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Just wanted to stick up for all the moms here who follow the Primal lifestyle to the tee yet are still struggling.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YumYamRunRam View Post
    As a 2-year 99% fruit raw vegan (115lbs)

only 1.5 month Primal (145)
    HOLY CRAP!!! You look awesome. This is amazing. Good work!
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

MoBob is offline Member
    YumYam, dude, you saying you put on 30lb w/PB in 1.5 months???? 115lb to 145lb???
    During breakfast today, Abby asks, "How would this juicy, fat, sweet blackberry taste on top of my bacon?" I said it would taste BerrySwine...;-P

Yes I am!

I'm sure a good deal is water retention and also fat as well. I'm still thin, but still growin!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Oh, honey . . . your words may come back to bite you in the ass (or rather, abs). There are many reasons women can't get their bodies back after pregnancy. Here are a few:

1) Multiples: Mothers of twins and higher can tell you that no matter how lean you are, gaining 30 to 40 pounds centered in your abdomen in 6 months will stretch the skin and it may not ever spring back. Most moms of multiples have a flap of stretched skin that only a tummy tuck will fix.

2) Diastasis: This is a separation that can occur in the abdominal muscles during pregnancy. It is fixable, but it requires specific exercises with precise form. Very difficult for most women to achieve.

3) Hormones: Especially for older moms, hormones can be thrown out of whack by a pregnancy. Some women need progesterone, thyroid meds, or other hormones, and those who don't fix their hormones are doomed to a flabby belly no matter how they eat.

4) Age: I can tell you from experience that having a child at 32 and having a child at 40 are two different experiences. The older you are when you give birth, the more likely it is that your skin is not elastic enough to spring back into shape. I am 5'7", 136 pounds. Very toned legs, fantastically muscular arms. . . and a poochy belly that drives me nuts and does not respond to exercise, and is certainly not "made in the kitchen".

Okay. . . .I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Just wanted to stick up for all the moms here who follow the Primal lifestyle to the tee yet are still struggling.
    +30000 (Mum of twins here )

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    I've posted them other places, but don't think I've posted them here yet. These are my before and ... well, I think I'm still a work in progress so let's call it "half way there" pics.

This one was taken at Burning Man 2008. Wow was I huge. I had put on weight after being in hospital.

This one was taken right after I got out of the hospital from my gallbladder / pancreas problems. I had actually lost some weight from being fed form an IV for 2 months.

This is me 4th of July weekend this year.

This one is Burning Man this year (August 2010)

And this was 2 weeks ago about to eat me some tasty pig. A friend gave me the size 29 jeans I'm wearing he couldn't fit into anymore.

Last edited by KestrelSF; 10-18-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Is that Burning Man?

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Is that Burning Man?
    Yes, indeed it is.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Holy Crap Kestrel!!

Absolutely amazing results, congrats!