Page 553 of 558 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 5576

Thread: Before and after pics page 553

gregpoole is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Was surfing on You Tube and came across this Real paleo gals REAL Paleo Gals. - YouTube
    Awesome job ladies, look close you will most likely see yourself.
    You are what you eat, so only eat the best!

gregpoole is offline Member

Real Paleo Gals

double post
    You are what you eat, so only eat the best!

jsmooth2327 is offline Junior Member
    Been a long 5 years....still got work to be done, down 200 pounds and feel great when i eat right, that's the reward for me...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Wow, can't wait to see those pics! 200#!!! It may take a few days for them to get approved, since you put them on as attachments, but I'll wait.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

perennialpam is offline Senior Member
    Omnomvore: I love that you used the same shirt in the shots. I cannot believe you are 180! Great job.

dooley44 is offline Junior Member
    ***3 Month Anniversary***

Hi All,

My first post, been following for a few months so thought I'd introduce myself.

Height: 5’10”
    Primal start date: 8/25/14
    HW: 339+
    SW: 320
    CW: 278

By no means am I anywhere close to being done, but I am thrilled with my progress and thought I would return the favor and post an update. I’ve read this entire thread in the past 3 months and it is very motivating to see so much success shared among the community.

I went Primal on 8/25, one day after a final pizza & beer binge for a group 40th birthday party for myself and a number of close friends. I didn’t plan it that way (going primal), but I stumbled onto MDA while researching eating and workout plans. Everything just seemed to make so much sense. I bought the book and read it within 3 days but implemented the eating plan immediately. It’s only been 3 months and I wish that I found this sooner – it’s made such a positive impact on me and my health. I’ve always been active, despite my size, but I’ve never been able to consistently match good eating with exercising. I’ve had 2 ACL reconstructions and have severe arthritis in my left knee and less than 10% of my cartilage left. This limits what I can do and usually leads to injury for me with any sustained exercise. I’ve been north of 300 lbs for pretty much the last decade.

For the first month, I was eating about 90% primal, with the other 10% mainly coming from alcohol and cheese. (But now more red wine, with hardly any beer and whiskey). About 2 weeks in I started walking in the local forest preserves 3-4 days a week, going for 2-4 miles each time. I’ve averaged about 12 miles a week and I find that I really enjoy my 45-60 minutes alone on the trails, even now that it’s turned cold! I use the Strava app to track my walks. I get a kick out of looking at my travels, especially when I was in NYC last month and did a 6 mile walk in Central Park.

In month 2 I added some sprinting. I’ve done 6 sprint sessions so far so I’m averaging about once every two weeks. I’ve kept up the primal eating and also added IF about 5 days a week. I’ve never liked eggs so always found breakfast to be a challenge. I usually would opt for a ‘healthy’ option of oatmeal or whole grain cereal. Solution? IF! On most days I usually only eat from 12 – 8PM. Lara Bars & Epic bars get me through questionable times.

By the start of month three my diet was dialed in. Even when I did have a ‘cheat meal’ it usually made me feel bad the next day so I began to crave things less. I also began Lifting Heavy Things along with walking and the occasional sprint. After experimenting with a few different workouts, I’ve opted to skip the gym for now and just do dumbbell workouts at my house until I build a solid base. I’m LHT 3 times a week with an A/B split based on Starting Strength. A: Deadlift/Overhead Press/Squat B: Squat/Pushups/Power Clean. I have a 50 lb Powerblock set that I’m using and will soon be adding some heavier DBs for Deadlift & Squat. I do 3 sets of the three exercises and go to failure on push ups and presses in the final set. It only takes with a about 20-25 mins with a warmup included (jumping jacks and burpees usually) but with all the compound movements, it’s been kicking my ass. I’ve been killing these workouts and now look forward to them as much as my walks. I considered myself as starting from scratch, to start slower than ever, to help mitigate injury. So far so good! My form is solid and I’m considering joining the gym in a month or two to do Starting Strength properly. Since I started lifting, I've had to add some starchy carbs back in, usually potatoes, on days I'm lifting.
    Frankly, I feel better than I can remember. My entire midsection has shrunk, like it was sucked into itself. I feel so much tighter and most of my clothes are all falling off me. My weight loss has stalled for the past few weeks, but I’m still losing inches and tightening up. Building muscle will do that. I’m less concerned about the scale than I am about my belt & neck size. It's only been 3 months, I can't imagine how it will be in 3 years.

I have a few pictures to post if I can figure out how to do it. I look forward to any feedback. Cheers.

dooley44 is offline Junior Member

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Nice going dooley! I can see the difference, especially in your face
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Dooley your midsection has shrunk considerably.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

perennialpam is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Your progress is great and I like the way you are taking care of the exercise portion. Good job, Dooley!