Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 5518

Thread: Before and after pics page 549

meggo2002 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    WOW! You look great! Congrats!
    Meggo

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omnomnivore View Post
    This thread is so inspiring! It's amazing what everyone here has accomplished.

I recently passed the one year mark since discovering MDA, so I figured it was a good time for some progress pics.

Initially my goal was to reach 170 and get my waist under 33". I accomplished the latter (down from 42" to 32 1/2"), and am not paying as much attention to the scale. I walk every day, lift weights 3x and (just started to) sprint 1-2x/week. Diet is mostly primal, but I don't sweat it if it isn't.

Before: ~240lbs
    Jan 2013
    Sept 2012

Current: 180

The biggest difference in my life is how active I am for the sheer pleasure of it. A co-worker of mine is house-sitting this weekend and told me she was looking forward to all the premium tv channels. It struck me that the old me would've been jealous of her laying around watching tv all weekend, but now it doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm going to a Bacon Festival today (and yes, you should be jealous) and tomorrow I'll spend the day at the beach after a long hike.

My new goal is to start lifting at a gym (I can only do so much with my 40lb bags of kitty litter at home), so I'll be back in a few months with some wicked deadlift numbers.
    Wow, great work! That you desire to be more active is a sure sign that you're healthier. Keep us posted on your deadlift progress :-)

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omnomnivore View Post
    This thread is so inspiring! It's amazing what everyone here has accomplished.

I recently passed the one year mark since discovering MDA, so I figured it was a good time for some progress pics.

Initially my goal was to reach 170 and get my waist under 33". I accomplished the latter (down from 42" to 32 1/2"), and am not paying as much attention to the scale. I walk every day, lift weights 3x and (just started to) sprint 1-2x/week. Diet is mostly primal, but I don't sweat it if it isn't.

Before: ~240lbs
    Jan 2013
    Attachment 16340
    Sept 2012
    Attachment 16341

Current: 180

Attachment 16342

The biggest difference in my life is how active I am for the sheer pleasure of it. A co-worker of mine is house-sitting this weekend and told me she was looking forward to all the premium tv channels. It struck me that the old me would've been jealous of her laying around watching tv all weekend, but now it doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm going to a Bacon Festival today (and yes, you should be jealous) and tomorrow I'll spend the day at the beach after a long hike.

My new goal is to start lifting at a gym (I can only do so much with my 40lb bags of kitty litter at home), so I'll be back in a few months with some wicked deadlift numbers.
    you look great!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shonuff View Post
    Went primal January 2012, I estimate I was somewhere around 250 - 260 lbs, 30 years old bloated, inflamed, sleep apnea. Fast forward 2 years I am 155 lbs. Just had my first sanctioned amateur Muay Thai bout at 32 years old. I feel like I am 19. I remember looking at this thread 2 years ago being inspired by it. Hopefully these photos will help some people get motivated. It is not impossible, we are capable of much more than we think we are, once we stop making excuses for ourselves. Attachment 16274 Attachment 16275
    If that isn't impressive then nothing is!!!!

I need that kind of motivation to get started again.

Great Job!!!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

OneBigDude is offline Member
    Alright, I don't have my after picture yet, because I'm still a work in progress, but I have found so much inspiration from reading this thread over the last year during my primal journey, that I hope this small contribution will help someone in someway that is thinking about diving in. I started on April 1, 2013 at around 360 lbs. I don't know my exact starting weight because the home scales wouldn't register me. It took about 2 weeks for the scale to read 350. Here I am a little over 13 months later and 100 lbs lighter. I feel great and my mind now subconsciously now keeps me on track. It seems like every meal, whether cooking or eating out, has molded to the plan. The before picture is one of my favorites to look back on. It is my motivation to keep from ever looking like that again. When my buddies are chowing on doritos and mountain dew, this picture is stuck in my mind. The "during" picture was a landmark for me. Doesn't show what is left of my belly, but kinda helps show that I'm no longer soft and doughy like the Michelin man. That fat is melting and my muscles are starting to appear. Well, here it is. I figure around April 1, 2015 on my 2 year primal anniversary, I should be around my goal weight of 200 and will post the standard before and after pictures.

Before:
    263322_10100270286585544_2232828_n.jpg

During:
    1400_10201748926067469_846254665_n.jpg

Mama_Pie is offline Junior Member
    OneBigDude.... WOW!!! Your progress is amazing! Thanks for sharing
    37 F Too many lbs
    Goal: Health

Started Primal 2011
    Restarted Primal March 2014

"Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy too."
    Fortune cookie

Gark is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=OneBigDude;1484480]Alright, I don't have my after picture yet, because I'm still a work in progress, but I have found so much inspiration from reading this thread over the last year during my primal journey, that I hope this small contribution will help someone in someway that is thinking about diving in. I started on April 1, 2013 at around 360 lbs. I don't know my exact starting weight because the home scales wouldn't register me. It took about 2 weeks for the scale to read 350. Here I am a little over 13 months later and 100 lbs lighter. I feel great and my mind now subconsciously now keeps me on track. It seems like every meal, whether cooking or eating out, has molded to the plan. The before picture is one of my favorites to look back on. It is my motivation to keep from ever looking like that again. When my buddies are chowing on doritos and mountain dew, this picture is stuck in my mind. The "during" picture was a landmark for me. Doesn't show what is left of my belly, but kinda helps show that I'm no longer soft and doughy like the Michelin man. That fat is melting and my muscles are starting to appear. Well, here it is. I figure around April 1, 2015 on my 2 year primal anniversary, I should be around my goal weight of 200 and will post the standard before and after pictures.

You ROCK -- Huge congrats on your progress!!! Inspiring!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Ellesbells is offline Senior Member
    Onebigdude you look amazing! Looking forward to seeing your after photo when the time comes!

meggo2002 is offline Senior Member
    Wow! You look amazing! I'd hire you as a personal trainer--- Keep it up!
    Meggo

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    I haven't really lost any weight since my last post, but I've come across some pics that show more of me than just my head and shoulders ... plus I just feel really good about the way I look lately, so I wanna post a couple more "Before and during" pics if you'll bear with me =P

Oh, and I'm one of those geeks who dresses up at conventions so ... yah, they're cosplay pics =P

This is me as Xena in 2000. Sorry it's such an old pic, but I wanted to find one that showed my thighs, and a lot of my costumes were made to hide them XD This was another time when I'd lost a lot of weight (went from 235 to 205 or so) and was, surprisingly, really happy with the way I looked at the time:

This is me as The Cat (from Red Dwarf) about a week ago. Current weight is somewhere around 184 (hopefully):

I dunno, the costumes are so different, and the newer one isn't that form-fitting at the body and shows a lot less skin--maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, but I'm just really happy with the way my thighs look now, at least in black leggings and jeans (not so much when uncovered, but oh well--I'm 38 and recently lost a lot of weight--what are you gonna do? =P).
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)