Page 536 of 548 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536537538546 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 5480

Thread: Before and after pics page 536

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks, Lisa. I definitely feel like I look better with my hair up and that I don't need to hide behind it so much anymore.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

raonxwxo is offline Junior Member
    MamaGrok, what does that have to do with the experience of the women who do have sagging skin or have gained weight. No one said it was a given, just that that has been the experience of *some* of those who have gained a lot of weight or who have had twin pregnancies.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here except to make those that have shared their difficulties feel badly.Fwiw, I do a ton of labor support and have been to several hundred births. I won't say what *most* of the women look like - including the ones that have had 5 or 10 kids because it is irrelevant. Not everyone looks the same and how they look when they post partum depends on the confluence of many factors.

I just cannot get over the tone of your post. If you'll read back, those that posted about not having pin-up perfect bodies after birth were doing so in response to a myriad of posts regarding loose tummies going away if just given 'enough time'. Some will *if the dermis is not damaged*. Some won't (if there is dermal damage). And again dermal damage or no depends on weight before pregnancy, age, diet, tissue integrity etc etc.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raonxwxo View Post
    MamaGrok, what does that have to do with the experience of the women who do have sagging skin or have gained weight. No one said it was a given, just that that has been the experience of *some* of those who have gained a lot of weight or who have had twin pregnancies.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here except to make those that have shared their difficulties feel badly.Fwiw, I do a ton of labor support and have been to several hundred births. I won't say what *most* of the women look like - including the ones that have had 5 or 10 kids because it is irrelevant. Not everyone looks the same and how they look when they post partum depends on the confluence of many factors.

I just cannot get over the tone of your post. If you'll read back, those that posted about not having pin-up perfect bodies after birth were doing so in response to a myriad of posts regarding loose tummies going away if just given 'enough time'. Some will *if the dermis is not damaged*. Some won't (if there is dermal damage). And again dermal damage or no depends on weight before pregnancy, age, diet, tissue integrity etc etc.
    A lot of it comes down to genetics. My girlfriend, who weighed a lot more than I ever did and has yet to achieve her goal weight by a lot, has less saggage in her upper arms than I do. I only have a little bit more than my one-year-older sister, who has always been thin.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    A lot of it comes down to genetics. My girlfriend, who weighed a lot more than I ever did and has yet to achieve her goal weight by a lot, has less saggage in her upper arms than I do. I only have a little bit more than my one-year-older sister, who has always been thin.
    Everyone is equal but we're not all designed the same way. Hallelujah for diversity.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

BigTim is offline Junior Member
    Before and during....a work in progress. Lost 50lb from 268lb to 218lb. I'm going for another 28lbs to try and get lean. Quite a difference for now though .

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Great change, BigTim!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

running_mum is offline Junior Member
    sep before and after.jpg

I am still very much in this journey.

Sometimes I still feel like the girl in the left photo. When I see photos like this one, I realise how far I have come already!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Runningmum, you look great! Time to buy smaller clothes.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

hixster is offline Member
    WOW Runningmum, great work!

Greenbeast is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Well it's my 1 year primal anniversary today, so a perfect time for some progress pics.
    Not as radical a change as some others but i'm extremely pleased

Lost about 2 stone of body fat and put on about half a stone of lean muscle mass, dropped from a (almost) size 34 to a size 30
    Before (Sept 2012):

After (Now - Sept 2013):