Page 533 of 547 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 5470

Thread: Before and after pics page 533

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Those are two awesome sets of pics! I was wondering the same about that crazy tree thing in the background.

Montagu, have you looked into stopthethyroidmadness.com, and/or changing to Armour or Naturethroid? Many of us find that we do better switching away from Synthroid. I love all the health changes you are experiencing!

kathleen, I am 3 years into my primal journey, 100% gluten-free for the last 1.5 years, and still fighting bloating, even when I consume no grains, dairy, legumes, etc. I'm glad you found an answer that worked for you! I was into my high school clothes last year (graduated in 1993!), but back out this year when a medicine snafu gave me back 20 unwanted pounds, and I"m still fighting that back off. I love to see success stories!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Maybe go for some allergy tests? you might be eating something every day that you don't suspect. I am also allergic to nuts, which are a huge part of the primal lifestyle that I can not partake in. The nuts will definitely make me bloated, and uncomfortable. Nuts will also give me heartburn.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Montagu is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post

Montagu, have you looked into stopthethyroidmadness.com, and/or changing to Armour or Naturethroid? Many of us find that we do better switching away from Synthroid. I love all the health changes you are experiencing!
    Thanks for your helpful comment MamaGrok.

Yes, Stop the Thyroid Madness is a great website, though it seems to be very much against a T4-only treatment.

I truly wonder if going paleo/primal would be a solution for a lot of people struggling with T4-only (Synthroid), since it has made a huge difference for me.

I feel better than I ever have before since changing my diet, without any change in thyroid meds. This could partly be because of going primal:

• my healthier diet (vitamins, minerals) and overall healthier body (healthier gut, especially) could be helping my body tissues to naturally convert more T4 (Synthroid) to T3.
    • as I lost weight, technically my thyroid dose became more than the full replacement dose per kilogram of body weight (1.7 mcg/kg/day), and so maybe I finally got enough T4 to produce sufficient T3 for my body.
    • avoiding wheat for at least 6 months can cause a major improvement for those with autoimmune thyroid (Hashimoto's) -- See The Gluten-Thyroid Connection). I've never been tested for gluten antibodies, but I have both the usual anti-thyroid antibodies. I figure anyone with Hashimoto's should try going off wheat.

I think going primal (cough--eating healthy--) can help a lot of people suffering from a multitude of ailments. Eat better, feel better.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

F/23/5'9"

Aldergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Looks kinda like a vine maple, covered in lichen and moss. I've seen similar trees in the Quinault rain forest.

Wow, great changes!
    I second the vine maple covered in lichen and moss assessment. That stuff happens a lot here. So. Much. Rain. Knifegill always complains about the precipiation, but I love it! I recall being in Idaho and realizing there was no moss. I nearly freaked out!

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    My wife has had both hypo- and hyper-thyroidism. She has had her thyroid radiated and was on several medications. This year she dumped the meds and has developed a very strict eating, exercising, and sleeping plan. And, since we are Christians, she is including a lot of prayer and meditating on the Bible. Basically, her health has never been better. Her swelling has gone done significantly, especially from the mid-calf down. Her energy is much, much better. She's losing fat and gaining muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    I second the vine maple covered in lichen and moss assessment. That stuff happens a lot here. So. Much. Rain. Knifegill always complains about the precipiation, but I love it! I recall being in Idaho and realizing there was no moss. I nearly freaked out!
    You must be right-- I live in North Bend, WA, where get something like 60 inches per year.

F/23/5'9"

Casey is offline Member
    The picture on the left is me last summer in Maryland. I had NO IDEA I looked as bad as that. I was depressed, menopausal, hormonally borked, and exhausted.

On the right is me just a few days ago.
    June 2012 to Aug 2013a.jpg

I have been following PB for two months at this point. My hormones are balancing - I'm actually CHILLY at times! (no more hot flashes!). I've lost 28 pounds. I can feel the bones of my shoulders, and my collar bones - I had forgotten what that felt like when I was so bloated and fat.

Still working on the belly, but it's going down. I've lost 1.5 inches off my fat neck! My energy is through the roof.

me denim skirt 8 13 2013a.jpg

I AM SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE FOUND THIS.
    Last edited by Casey; 08-20-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: edited to add gratiuitous (poorly executed) picture...
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    I've been primal for 1 year now so thought it was time to share a few pictures of my progress. When things feel like they are moving slowly, it helps to look back at pictures from the last couple years and see how far I really have come.

Top 2 pics are me 2 years ago at my heaviest. I was just shy of 250lbs. Still active and eating what I thought to be healthy. Lots of whole grains, rice, potatoes, lean protein, and basically fat-free and carb-heavy. Constantly hungry. Worked out daily. Frustrated as hell at being so heavy.

That summer I decided enough was enough and started to follow a more low-carb diet. Cut out the rice, grains and sugar, but still a lot of low-carb junk food. Lost about 25lbs, but wasn't very consistent and would go up and down a lot within 10 lbs. Middle pics are me a year ago at about 225lbs and around the time I started following primal.

About then is when I stumbled on MDA while searching low-carb info. Started to adopt more of the primal way into my life and way of eating after reading all Mark's info. Since then it has been lots of meat, eggs, veggies, fat, and no calorie counting. 5-6 months ago I added in heavy lifting and sprinting and cut back on the cardio type workouts. I am still a work in progress, but happier and feel better than I have in years. Bottom pics are the Primal version of me at 195 lbs.

aug13_zps73e21e91.jpg
    Last edited by Stacy15; 08-21-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: adjust picture size

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Stacy15, you look amazing and strong. The weight training has done you really well.