Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 511

johnny767 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fantastic progress Cantare; Respect!

There is so much life in your eyes now

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny767 View Post
    Just a quick update...how do I build bulk/muscle while reducing fat.
    LeanGains.com is a good place to start. Essentially, fasting until your workouts and consuming your largest meal of the day after. A guy I follow, Nick Nilsson has a program called Metabolic Surge. It's a conditioning program that is paleo-based and also works in some macronutrient changes.

I've come back for a bit of inspiration, and you folks have provided it!
    Many thanks!

Adam

I love how you got there with slow exploration of what your body likes and tons of tenacity.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Just for fun, and because it's page 500, and because today I FINALLY beat the 50lb mark!!!!!

(old pic; I'll do an official "50lb lost" one soon) (and no, it's not cheating. that wasn't just baby weight. For TWO MONTHS postpartum I couldn't lose one pound, and actually started gaining. My thighs were almost 28". Baby didn't do that, lol.)

I did it with no exercise because of chronic fatigue. Thanks to primal & Jack "the quack" Kruse & Naturethroid, that, too, is finally bidding me adieu. This was 50lb lost, easily, and maintained easily, with no hunger, no calorie counting, ever, just by a primal diet alone. (I will say that I have to throw 80/20 out the window b/c of Hashimoto's & probable celiac disease. It's 99/1 for me, and the only way I got the scale moving again was by going 100%.)

Kasee123 is offline Junior Member
    Hello? Anybody home?

Ultimate Loser is offline Junior Member
    I know, I'm going to start going through success stories withdrawal!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Put up or shut up.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

AvatarAbe is offline Junior Member
    Ok, I'll bite. I'm a major lurker in these forums, but rarely ever post. Trying to make myself come out of my shell and interact with the Primal community a bit more...I guess here's as good a place to start as any.

First up, here's me in 2009, in my last year of college. I want to say this is around my heaviest point, at which I was around 215 pounds, straining size 38 pants, and often needed XL shirts:

Fast forward...after lots of chronic cardio and calorie restriction, I had dropped down to about 180 from the beginning of 2010 to mid 2011. Except, after graduating and moving, my exercise routine kinda fell out the window, and I started climbing back up. I eventually reached 195 pounds, in medium or large shirts and size 34 jeans. Still an improvement, but I could do better, and I was disheartened by how easily the weight had started to come back.

I started Primal in mid-August 2012. I'd say I'm about 90% compliant with it, largely because I consider alcohol as cheating and I still do that a couple of times a week. I haven't been as consistent with the exercising as I'd like either, though I've been better about that since the new year. I now sit at 168 pounds, size 32 jeans, and medium shirts...slim fit, even! Here's me a couple of days ago:

So yeah, no shirtless pics or ripped abs yet, but it's a journey. I've shifted gears in the past month, and the focus is now on building strength and muscle mass, and going from being simply "not fat" to "in shape." And for the first time in my life, I feel like that's actually an attainable goal! It's a great feeling.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    That's one helluva change, Abe! Nicely done.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations Abe! you look like a whole other person.

Good job.