Page 504 of 552 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 5520

Thread: Before and after pics page 504

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    I didn't have as much work going in as many of the people here did, but here's my progress.
    Starting at 5'4, 120 lbs.
    And here I am recently, at ~100.
    I'd say you didn't really need to lose anything from the start... In fact, at 5'4" and 100lbs you are now underweight...
    Last edited by NDF; 01-09-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    I'd say you didn't really need to lose anything from the start... In fact, at 5'4" and 100lbs you are now underweight...
    I'm Asian and I have a tiny frame. I put on quite a bit of visceral fat after some health complications, and was eating very poorly. I just lost the excess and now am back to where I am comfortable. I've been on the thin side most of my adult life otherwise.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    I'm Asian and I have a tiny frame. I put on quite a bit of visceral fat after some health complications, and was eating very poorly. I just lost the excess and now am back to where I am comfortable. I've been on the thin side most of my adult life otherwise.
    Small frame or not, you are still under weight. Have you ever had your bodyfat tested? It looks like you have low muscle mass.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Small frame or not, you are still under weight. Have you ever had your bodyfat tested? It looks like you have low muscle mass.
    The "normal" BMI range is lower for some Asians (particularly in Southeast Asia) than for people of European heritage, and the percentage of body fat tends to be higher than for Europeans of the same BMI. The overweight cutoff starts at 23 for Asian populations according to the WHO, although they state that more research is needed to establish where the lower end cutoff should sit.

I agree that Damiana was not overweight before, at least from my opinion of her pics, but she may well be at a healthy weight where she is now because of her ethnicity and frame size. Certainly her photo looks slim but not all that different from a number of Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and other East Asian women I know.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Damiana, I know that losing visceral fat is a huge victory and feels awesome! I hope it's understandable that some of us are always concerned when a person seems thrilled at what seems way underweight to us. I hope your body fat & muscle level & body appreciation are at the perfect levels for you!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Charley... damn you are HOT!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    This is my before
    Attachment 10394

...and after...confiscating my daughter's size 2 jeans.
    Attachment 10395

This is my story. I wasn't sure the best way to put it here so I am inserting a link with my story and pictorial journey. I hope it will stir encouragement for those starting on this journey.....and for those entering the second half of a century....your goals are attainable.

My Primal/Paleo Success

Cheeky Fit and Fifty My Success Story | Cheeky Fit and Fifty
    just wow!

otzi Guest
    I didn't have as much work going in as many of the people here did, but here's my progress.

I have to comment on this...I looked at Damiana's pictures on a computer running Mozilla Firefox, and she looked fabulous. I couldn't figure out what you guys were talking about, saying Damiana looked too thin. This morning I opened this thread on a machine running Windows Explorer, and the picture is all stretched out making her look like a stringbean!

Maybe try to save her picture to your desktop and look in a photo viewer, you might see a whole different person!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Using Chrome here and survey says? She looks fantastic.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

I like it though
    Billie trips balls