Page 500 of 547 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 5470

Thread: Before and after pics page 500

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow Mamagrok you look so much younger!

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    kochin and heatseeker: You have both made stunning progress. Y'all are lookin' good! Much more muscle and less fat, better waist, all around great improvements.

Gadsie: You have also made visible progress in building muscle. I wish I had started weight training as early as you did. You will be an absolute beast in a few years if you keep with it. Keep training smart and avoid injuries.
    Thanks, I try to take rest when I feel pain somewhere, but sometimes the gym is just too addictive to skip
    Billie trips balls

qurlybee is offline Junior Member
    Hi!
    I'm new here and have been really, really inspired. I'm not one to do something like this (especially because it's super embarrassing) but I would really like to be held accountable on my journey. I have seen other people post this way, and thought I would try, too.

Here are my before pictures (taken yesterday):
    IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

I was pretty appalled at how bloated my stomach is! I tend to retain water, but it's never been this bad before.
    I'm going to try to update once a month.

Stats:
    Height: 4'10" (yes, I'm tiny and ridiculously overweight for my height)
    Starting Weight (before I went 100% primal yesterday!): 164
    Current Weight: 162.8
    Goal Weight: 115
    Problem Areas: Arms, Upper back, inner thighs

I plan to eat at least 85% primal in the long term, but I am going pretty hard for now with 100%. My birthday is coming up in about 3 weeks, so I am pretty sure that 100% will drop.

tmshaffer is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Just for fun, and because it's page 500, and because today I FINALLY beat the 50lb mark!!!!!

(old pic; I'll do an official "50lb lost" one soon) (and no, it's not cheating. that wasn't just baby weight. For TWO MONTHS postpartum I couldn't lose one pound, and actually started gaining. My thighs were almost 28". Baby didn't do that, lol.)

I did it with no exercise because of chronic fatigue. Thanks to primal & Jack "the quack" Kruse & Naturethroid, that, too, is finally bidding me adieu. This was 50lb lost, easily, and maintained easily, with no hunger, no calorie counting, ever, just by a primal diet alone. (I will say that I have to throw 80/20 out the window b/c of Hashimoto's & probable celiac disease. It's 99/1 for me, and the only way I got the scale moving again was by going 100%.)
    You are a stunner

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Just for fun, and because it's page 500, and because today I FINALLY beat the 50lb mark!!!!!

(old pic; I'll do an official "50lb lost" one soon) (and no, it's not cheating. that wasn't just baby weight. For TWO MONTHS postpartum I couldn't lose one pound, and actually started gaining. My thighs were almost 28". Baby didn't do that, lol.)

I did it with no exercise because of chronic fatigue. Thanks to primal & Jack "the quack" Kruse & Naturethroid, that, too, is finally bidding me adieu. This was 50lb lost, easily, and maintained easily, with no hunger, no calorie counting, ever, just by a primal diet alone. (I will say that I have to throw 80/20 out the window b/c of Hashimoto's & probable celiac disease. It's 99/1 for me, and the only way I got the scale moving again was by going 100%.)
    YEAH MAMA!! OW! OOOWWWW!! Way to go girl!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Good luck qurlybee! And, amazing job MamaGrok! Wow!!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the kind words. It is kind of amazing to be here. I randomly picked my goal weight b/c I needed something I had some hope of achieving, thinking I'd never get back down to where I really should be (being 5'4" and all). And it was a nice, even number.

It feels wonderful to be here! The improvement in hypothyroid, IBS, celiac, CFS, and BED symptoms is the real clencher, though.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

qurlybee is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the support, aix_sponsa!
    Primal since January 2, 2013!!!

SW: 164
    GW: 118
    CW: 160.4
    My blog: One&20

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Mamagrok, when you went from 99% to 100% primal what was in that 1% that you gave up?

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Having a bite of cake on my children's birthdays, receiving Communion in the form of bread, homemade raw milk yogurt once in a blue moon (IDK why, but I have a big problem with dairy that likely comes from my years of not realizing I had a big problem with wheat killing my gut), out-of-season fruit (again, causes big problems for me), that sort of thing. I was doing primal 99% of the time, and 1% of the time - well, really, much less than 1% - I was having some wheat or some corn or some such. And that just doesn't work for me, not with my gut & thyroid & resulting autoimmune problems the way they've come to be.

Three years, when I started on this forum, or even two years ago, I never, ever thought I'd be one of "those people" with such issues. But I hadn't done my blood work then, and hadn't tied my increasingly worse energy levels and trouble with weight to those things. Now the dots are connected clearly for me.

Good question! I'm still thinking on it!

ETA The most recent 6-month stall was broken by eating completely 100% seasonally. I'm having no carbs at all right now, and will continue that till they start to grow here in GA again, maybe late February. Plenty of organs, seafood, etc. Also, I started taking ox bile and that did WONDERS for my bloating, and probably digestion, and I think played a major role in getting going again.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-04-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey