Page 498 of 552 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548 ... LastLast
Results 4,971 to 4,980 of 5518

Thread: Before and after pics page 498

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungrazer View Post
    Do not, I repeat, do not feed the troll.
    I was thinking of just compiling "after" and "current" photos, to show how gorgeous and varied we Paleo gals are. ;p
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    After being really frustrated and unable to change my setpoint for many years, I've finally seen some progress this past fall. I started Crossfit 5x/wk in August (before that I was doing a variety of HIIT and weight training 3x/wk) and have been really careful and clean with my eating. I also went slightly higher on the carbs than I've been in the past few years, up to about 100-150g per day rather than 50-75 (some days I'd go as low as 30), in the form of either sweet potato or white rice. I do restrict calories as well. Depending on the day, I'm anywhere from 1200-1500.

Anyway, I think the combination of focused, coached training (with professional programming instead of me just dicking around in the gym) and careful eating has paid off big. My setpoint finally budged and body fat is coming off pretty steadily now. I'm down 13 pounds since August, with no loss in strength (it should go without saying that I've made huge strength gains since starting Crossfit).

tumblr_mfvh1o5Tra1rrr4c8o1_500.jpg

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    heatseeker -- saw them on your blog-- that's good progress! are you still doing hot yoga, too?

Thanks, zoebird! Yeah, I do hot vinyasa a few times a week, whenever I can make it to the studio, and I do a daily practice in my home regardless. Fingers crossed, we'll be opening our own studio this year, and I'll have 24/7 access to a hot room.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    That sounds cool!

I find it's quite a bit to combine that with crossfit (or several of my students find that, since they also go to the box), they are alternators -- four with us, three at the box (with some stretches thrown in to do at home in between); and then flip the next week. It's an interesting process to work with them.

Though, I'm starting a daily routine with DH to experiment on some particular "neurological development/proprioception" concepts. Because I'm nerdy like that.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks to mark rippetoe, the hodgetwins, and this forum I'm making some good progress

Billie trips balls

ODIZZ42 is offline Junior Member
    I def think you should put together a thing to show those vegans how primal gals look much better! just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ODIZZ42 View Post
    I def think you should put together a thing to show those vegans how primal gals look much better! just my opinion.
    *points vegans to youtube videos of women's events at Crossfit Games* *drops mic*

I mean, hello.

I find his claim that it was "really difficult to find paleo girls who wanted to be shown online" to be an absurd, transparent lie. Just go look at ANY Crossfit site. For pete's sake, Megan Fox eats paleo.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    kochin and heatseeker: You have both made stunning progress. Y'all are lookin' good! Much more muscle and less fat, better waist, all around great improvements.

Gadsie: You have also made visible progress in building muscle. I wish I had started weight training as early as you did. You will be an absolute beast in a few years if you keep with it. Keep training smart and avoid injuries.

JMack383 is offline Junior Member
    005.jpg
    006.jpg

One Year Paleo Anniversary today!!!!
    Down !20lbs +/- Stopped weighing myself Mid-November