Page 497 of 552 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 5518

Thread: Before and after pics page 497

trekfan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    It might be perfectly normal for you, but you might consider having your testosterone levels checked. It's one of those things that a lot of people have problems with today, but don't know it, and don't realize how much better, in various ways, they can feel when it's in the ideal range.

I'm a chick and I know mine is too low, and am working on it!
    Let me just say again how awesome it is that you lost so much, so amazingly fast!
    Thanks MamaGrok Yeah, I lost that weight pretty fast through a combination of psychopathic determination (which, full disclosure, helped land me in the hospital for four days) and Primal being awesome. Losing weight and doing it without eating salads for the rest of my life was a freakin miracle to me. In retrospect, I should have eased up a little and let my body catch up, but I was damned pig headed ... still, the results I would not trade for the world.

Yeah, the testosterone thing ... it may be my levels are skewed in the wrong direction. I know that back in late June I had serious concerns that my testosterone was so low I wasn't able to add muscle mass, but since then I have added some lean mass. I now have definable muscles in my arms/upper chest area, can do 13 pullups in a row without too much trouble, and I shave once every three days as opposed to once every three weeks (as it was for, like, years prior to Primal).

I think my levels are on the uptick, but it's just a feeling. Still, testing is a possibility but my insurance doesn't cover it so I'd have to pay for it myself and money's limited at the moment. If further issues crop up, I'll consider the testing more.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    my husband is just about 5 ft 7, 160 (muscle), and has very little facial hair. It definitely can be genetic, or nothing to worry about. But, it oculd also be somethign to worry about.

good job all around though! wat to go, trekfan!

Kochin is offline Senior Member

Apparently they can't find any pictures of Paleo women... Wanna help make a response video?
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Wow! So many amazing transformations. I am in the process of writing up the story of my husband and I going Primal, but in the meantime, here are my photos.

Before: February of this year:

November of this year:

Last edited by Miss Understood; 12-30-2012 at 05:52 AM.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Wow! The all-over difference is obvious, but the change in your legs is absolutely fantastic! I love how losing weight eating real food leaves you looking like you never had it in the first place, instead of looking deflated like so many folks I know who lost it with low-fat, WW, sheer CICO, etc.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Wow! The all-over difference is obvious, but the change in your legs is absolutely fantastic! I love how losing weight eating real food leaves you looking like you never had it in the first place, instead of looking deflated like so many folks I know who lost it with low-fat, WW, sheer CICO, etc.
    I didn't realize until looking back that my face was so round or that I had tree trunk legs! I still have a little loose skin on my thighs and am doing skin brushing to help tighten it. I also credit doing an exercise program called T-Tapp. It has really help shrink me more than what seems possible even from the weight loss. I think my legs are smaller now than the last time I was in the 140s. Teresa Tapp has one exercise in particular called Awesome Legs which she says if you do it for 10 days in a row it typically takes a half inch off your upper thighs. It works!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Everyone looks great!!!!!! Good job, very inspiring. I will keep plugging along and maybe by Memorial Day I can post a decent picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    I didn't realize until looking back that my face was so round or that I had tree trunk legs! I still have a little loose skin on my thighs and am doing skin brushing to help tighten it. I also credit doing an exercise program called T-Tapp. It has really help shrink me more than what seems possible even from the weight loss. I think my legs are smaller now than the last time I was in the 140s. Teresa Tapp has one exercise in particular called Awesome Legs which she says if you do it for 10 days in a row it typically takes a half inch off your upper thighs. It works!
    I bought my book, and still havent got around to doing the exercises yet. I read the part that said, read the whole book first, and since I havent done that yet, well... ha

But I know there are videos on youtube and the website, which I am sure is better than the book anyhow, to actually see it being done. I just have the world's slowest fast internet so I dont usually watch any videos. But it is on my to do list. I can do 15 mintues a day I do try to brush before a bath though.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

OK, I apologize for the weirdness of the "current" photos. Lighting not very good.

Pre-diet. On high-grain and refined foods. A LOT of them. Continual hunger. UK size 16.
    chubby me.jpg

After going on a part-time vegetarian diet that limited refined foods. I got a bit thinner after this photo, but continued to struggle with weight and appetite issues, along with other health problems.
    post diet.jpg

Yeah, I don't have many pictures from those stages. Not very happy with my body.

Some pictures taken today.
    FILE0034.jpgFILE0035.jpgFILE0033 (2).jpg
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand TENSE!
    FILE0038.jpg

Leg on left is tense. Leg on right mostly relaxed.
    Quads are almost fat-free, so that tense lump is mostly muscle. You can't even lift the skin by pinching. Inner-thigh has fat, though. Calves have fat too, but the muscles are quite big as well. Biceps and triceps speak for themselves.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Apparently they can't find any pictures of Paleo women... Wanna help make a response video?
    Do not, I repeat, do not feed the troll.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.