Page 496 of 548 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 5480

Thread: Before and after pics page 496

Kazrau is offline Junior Member
    Trekfan, you look fantastic. Congratulations on your amazing achievement.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Trekfan, you have great. Congratulations!

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I've been hoping to be able to post some "50 lb lost" pictures ... for six months now! Hello, stall! Ah, I guess I can wait it out; there's a lot of good work going on in my underlying health problems.

Soon! I hope!
    Your tagline:

5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 137 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs

You are two pounds away from goal and that is a stall? You're kidding, right?

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Trekfan, that's amazing!!!!
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Well, I made up the goal, lol. I just wanted something that wouldn't disappoint me if I never got any lower. I still have a *lot* of body fat to go (ahem, thighs still bigger than my teenager's waist & waist still bigger than my husband's!), but if I never made any more progress, yes, I'd be happy! I've posted a lot of pics here along the way, but have been holding off on that big "50 lb" party. Don't worry; no body image crap here.

Hitting that goal would be a huge celebration b/c it would mean that the physical problems that are keeping my body from releasing any more excess fat would be done!

AWESOME changes, Trekfan!!
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 12-29-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Trekfan, that's super awesome!

What's your height? if you don't mind me asking... my husband is around the same weight (though a bit taller, I think) and he is thinking that losing is impossible. Maybe seeing your pics would help.

And, if you really get tired of being mistaken for a highschooler....grow some neatly trimmed facial hair. I think it would look good on you. But I'm partial to men with facial hair so... :shrug:

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trekfan View Post
    In all the time I've been here, I haven't posted my before and after pics. Don't know how that slipped by me but I'm here to correct that oversight now.

Here's me with the family for our church picture in late April 2011 ... I'm the one in the very back in the plaid ugly shirt. At this time I was 273 ... I was heavier I think between April and July of 2011, but I never stepped on a scale to know, so this is the highest recorded weight I was. I crammed myself into that blue polo shirt and threw on that plaid shirt, 2XL (that barely fit) to hide the fact I was way too big for that polo shirt. I was a freakin white whale. Captain Ahab thankfully didn't find me, lol.

This was taken in August 2012. I'm pretty much the same now. I stopped losing weight at the end of June 2012 (below 140 just didn't look good or feel right to me) and began focusing on strength training via body weight exercises. A little over a year after starting Primal and I look a lot different and am frequently mistaken for a high school student (like, a 10th grader ... seriously). I've gone from size 40 jeans to size 28/29 (depending on jean maker). I'm in size small shirts from 2XL. Primal has been the best decision of my life and the people in this thread, and all over the forums, have been massively supportive/helpful in my pursuits.

If anyone has any questions or anything like that, feel free to ask me in anyway you can. Pay it forward, as they say.

Primal rocks. That is all.
    Absolutely outstanding! Congratulations.

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
    Trekfan, that's super awesome!

What's your height? if you don't mind me asking... my husband is around the same weight (though a bit taller, I think) and he is thinking that losing is impossible. Maybe seeing your pics would help.

And, if you really get tired of being mistaken for a highschooler....grow some neatly trimmed facial hair. I think it would look good on you. But I'm partial to men with facial hair so... :shrug:
    Thanks guys

SarahW, my height is 67.5 inches so that's about 5'7, 5'8. As for growing facial hair, I pretty much suck at it. Just isn't in my genetics I guess, lol
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

It might be perfectly normal for you, but you might consider having your testosterone levels checked. It's one of those things that a lot of people have problems with today, but don't know it, and don't realize how much better, in various ways, they can feel when it's in the ideal range.

I'm a chick and I know mine is too low, and am working on it!

PrimalCon New York
    Let me just say again how awesome it is that you lost so much, so amazingly fast!