Page 492 of 552 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 5518

Thread: Before and after pics page 492

Fiji Chris is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Been truly amazed by all the great transformations. My ‘friends’ recently had some fun with my changing appearance – the pics of below are from a short funny video they made. Thankfully we all know how to have a bit of a laugh with one another.

Anyway my primal transformation began earlier this year following a couple of years of debilitating flare ups of auto immune arthritis and a few surgeries to work out what the hell was happening in my joints. After constantly having yellow fluid drained out painful swollen joints and worsening fatigue I travelled half way across the Pacific to Asia to find a doc who could work out what the hell it was. After diagnosis with an aggressive form of rheumatoid arthritis getting into my lungs etc the rheumatologist sent me directly to a nutritionist specializing in this stuff – she set me up on an ‘anti inflammatory’ diet and pointed me in the direction of a few websites, one of them being here. I really thank her for that as I’m convinced it is the food and primal like lifestyle rather than the medicine is what has helped me recover my health.

So after a few months being strictly primal the weight just fell off me, something like 75 pounds in 3 months but I felt better and better by the day. Fitness has focused on lots of slow walking and trying not to strain joints too much. The progression in the primal exercises is perfect for this type of arthritis – too much strain on connective tissue etc leads to flare ups and by building up slowly I think I’ve been able to avoid that.

So my before and after not so much the wow factor in appearance, more just recovering health which you sure learn fast is the most important.

This is what is usually contained in sore swollen joints from auto-immune flare up – mostly white blood cells fighting with one another I understand – weird stuff.

My friends found the following terrible photo of me somewhere – but good reminder of lifestyles of past – I don’t remember exactly where the photo was taken – a very late night on the island of Palau I think

Bit of a before and after – my friends thought I must have been doing Olympic athlete type training - the fact was that change in appearance was solely due to eating pretty much primal – zero exercise involved in that

I don’t know what my friend was thinking with this – not sure I’ll be hitting the dance floor soon – who knows it might be good for my joints

They’ll have to get a bit better with the Photoshop joining my head on this one – but it did get me thinking we should organise a primal games – we can host here in Fiji!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    That is hilarious! WTG you also btw, but that is pretty funny too!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Alright, I have posted the "before" picture before. But it is just such a big shock that I will keep comparing my progress to that. I am far from done though. I gained 37 lbs

Billie trips balls

JEL62 is offline Senior Member
    Gadsie please don't take this the wrong way but you look way hotter in your after pic. Good job!

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JEL62 View Post
    Gadsie please don't take this the wrong way but you look way hotter in your after pic. Good job!
    +1 but mor importantly, healthier too :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Good job! I couldnt look at it earlier, I felt like I was doing something illegal so I had to close it haha
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I agree. 37 lbs of muscle agrees with you.

richroberts972 is offline Junior Member
    i wonder why i can't see the pictures

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    That is great progress Gadsie - you look very healthy now.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Primal Guy is offline Junior Member
    Hey all, just signed up here, these before and afters are great! I just started living primal 3 weeks ago, already noticing massive changes in my physique. Unfortuantly i dont have any before pics (because i was embaressed of my body), but here is me after 3 weeks of living a primal lifestyle, all comments welcome, thanks.

1811.JPG1810.JPG
    Last edited by Primal Guy; 12-09-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    'Come with me if you want to lift'