Page 49 of 547 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Before and after pics page 49

chameleon is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    I've come to discover that intermittent fasting (generally a 16 hour fast/8 hour feed) and doing very intense, heavy lifting sessions about three times a week (calisthenics, baby!) has given me a more stronger, lean physique without burning me out like HIIT did.

Batty, SPRINTING!!!! ;-) I've never really touched a barbell.
    primal_jessjane,

First, I'm inspired. You look healthy and very fit...with the diet to back it up long term! What a great way to start your 20's.

Second, I'm pretty new to working out (team sports took care of exercise when I was younger) as I'm kinda confused by two things you mentioned: heavy lifting AND never touching a barbell. How do you heavy lift...as in, what does that term mean? (feel free to answer like you're talking to a kindergartner! ) And what are calisthenics? *blush*

Thanks!!

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalmama View Post
    Saskatchewan believe it or not! This was taken in June (June!!) of last year - it was FREEZING!
    YAY Saskatchewan!

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    I just spent 45 minutes reading this thread! Truly amazing progress from everyone who posted. I can't wait to post my own pics in a few months!
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    looking great jess! You've got some powerhouse legs in that pic!
    I grok, therefore I am.

Khrystyna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg-a-Tron View Post
    I still have about 15-20 lbs of fat to lose, but I thought I'd post my 4 month progress. /gulp
    Wow you have an amazing figure! Curvalicious!
    My primal adventures:
    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/
    Cooking, nutrition, gardening, foraging, preserving, photography

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Chameleon, sorry for the confusion there... It's true I've never really done a barbell workout, which I mentioned because usually it's what people flock to when they want to work their legs. But it's not the only way! ;-) I think a lot of the "powerhouse" I've built in my legs is from plenty of sprinting and my love for bicycle riding!

I get into these *phases* with my training, and right now I am exclusively doing calisthenics (bodyweight exercises) only. 110 pounds is definitely something heavy! I think calisthenics are especially great for females, since you don't put on the same mass (or at least as quickly) as you would when lifting weights. I usually superset my calisthenic workouts to get a max burn and get my heart rate up a little bit. When completing one set of an exercise, I make sure that I at least have one or two reps "in the bank" so I can hit it hard the next round. Here might be an example, no rest between exercises:

5 Chin-Ups (back)
    15 Box Jumps (butt)
    5 Dips (chest)
    15 One-Legged Squats (thighs)
    15 Leg Lifts (core)
    Repeat 5x, rest 60sec between rounds

Essentially, each round is a "set". So, I am really doing 5 sets of 5 chins here, I'm just allowing myself plenty of rest time. This is great for focusing on strength gains rather than endurance. I might do this three times a week, but usually I get off my "usual" routine and will throw something new in. The important thing is to always work HARD and with CONSISTENCY! Does this help clarify?... :-)

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    I figured I would go ahead and post a few of me. I don't have any with me from when I was about 50 lbs heavier. The first one is from May of this year. That's after a year of being Primal. The second one is from a few days ago. A little bit of a difference in 2 months. I'm happy with it. I've lost 50 lbs total in the past year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

blue is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twoidhd View Post
    Last summer...somewhere between 300 and 320 lbs. I didn't get on the scales much back then.

And this morning. 237 lbs.

Amazing progress. You can really see it in your face. 1 year and you've lost like 80lbs! Just fantastic.

Freedish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
    I figured I would go ahead and post a few of me. I don't have any with me from when I was about 50 lbs heavier. The first one is from May of this year. That's after a year of being Primal. The second one is from a few days ago. A little bit of a difference in 2 months. I'm happy with it. I've lost 50 lbs total in the past year.
    That's a HUGE difference!! What did you change within those 2 months?? You when from being a fit guy to having a spartan physique.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
    XYZ you are *smokin* hot.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order