fat Jul 2011.jpg
    Still fat July 2011 - 270s still

2012-02-17 skinnier 03.jpg
    Making progress, Feb 2011 - 236

2012-mar-23 swimshirt 10.jpg
    2012-mar-23 swimshirt 17.jpg
    March 2011 - 230

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    And here is today, Sept 21, 2012, one year into it. I can't wait for Primal year two!!!
    2012-09-21 bicep04.jpg
    2012-09-21 front03.jpg
    2012-09-21 side03.jpg
    226-1/2 - woohoooo!!! Haven't been here in 15 or 20 years. Feeling GREAT!!!

Sorry you won't be able to see the pics for a few days, can't do the photobucket thing at work.

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Buffdv,
    Love the story, can't wait to see the pics.
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

gregpoole is offline Member
    My name is Greg and it's time to post my story and some pictures!

I’ve been struggling with my weight for the last 20 years or so…..following the words and advice of conventional wisdom. This has worked to a point as I did get to a weight that I looked good but still had health issues, this was in 2005. I was run ragged from working out 6 days a week for an hour to an hour and a half each workout all the while following the CW food guidelines ,cutting fats, eating whole grains, veggies and white meat( chicken and more chicken with small amounts of red meat). I also logged everything that passed my lips for 2 years, I kid you not I did feel better and almost looked good naked but not really where I should have been.

I was also diagnosed with high blood pressure 6 years prior to 2005 and was put on 5 different meds to control it which brought it down to within in an acceptable range but I was left feeling tired most of the time.

About 2007 I was burnt out from all the exercise, calorie counting, so I stopped counting and did less exercise, guess what happened the weight piled back on and more.

Well that brings me up to 2011 when I was approaching the big50, yep I was going to be 50 in November of that year. So the day of my birthday I decided I had enough so I started counting calories again, which I did for about 1 month but it drove me nuts, just too much stuff to enter with allthe other things that a person has to do in their everyday lives. I lost a little weight but I was hungry most of the time( only time I wasn’t hungry was when I was asleep).

So here a was at the end of December with a doctor’s appointment on the 29th to discuss bloodwork results…..not good, the doc said I was to monitor my blood sugar levels for a month as he said I was on the verge of being type 2 diabetic, did not like the sound of that. Ask him how I should go about reversing the situation…..he said I should just take the meds and be done with it. I asked him about changing to way I eat and he said that diets don’t work because people will not stick with them for life….my heart sank! I did not want to take anymoremeds, I didn’t want to take the ones I was on now. I told him that I was going to change the way I do things regarding the way I was eating and exercising, he said good luck we will see. On the way out I made another appointment for a months time.

Driving on the way home, thinking to myself how the hell am Igoing to do this. So that same night searching the internet, looking up info on diabetics and high blood pressure, cameacross the dash diet and a couple others but they sounded like what I was trying already. Did a new search for natural ways to cure health problems and came across your site…..I was intrigued by what I was reading it made since. That next morning I jumped in with both feet. Within the first 2 weeks I noticed some grat improvements……lost 12lbs, was sleeping the best in years and my aches and pains where gone. Following the PB rules have been really easy, even though I was the biggest bread lover on the face of the earth.

So for a month I monitored my blood sugar levels, could not wait to visit the doc again as they where back in the normal range and is was down 30lbs in a month and feeling great. The doc was a little shocked when I walked into his office, a then surprised at my blood sugar levels at how quick thy went downplus my blood pressure was also down but not normal. So I keep searching for more info on this way of lifestyle, boy was I shocked at what I learned from what I had known( listening to all that CW information crap for years).

Now I still work out but only 2 to 3 times a week and each time 20 to 30 minutes. I still walk or move slow, no more counting calories. I also quit smoking in June of this year(coldturkey)was easier than I thought ( amazing when your in the right frame of mind).

Looks like I have found my way to a healthy lifestyle, it’s just so easy plain and simple.

So here is a before picture of me at 270lbs

old picture 270 lbs picture by gregpoole - Photobucket

Here is a picture at current weight of 208lbs

photo_zps2b4cbf78.jpg picture by gregpoole - Photobucket

A big thank you to MDA and to all the people that post in the forums, you’ll rock!!

Grok ON!

Greg

P.s. there are still areas in my life that I’m working on…..sleep(need more), work(try to slack off) & play( need more of this).

Thanks Greg
    You are what you eat, so only eat the best!

Maleficarum is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyns84 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your awesome comments xx

Here is the pics together, I still can't see much difference, maybe I should hide the mirrors for the next 6 weeks lol

photo-2.jpg picture by lyns84 - Photobucket
    I would just call it like it is... and say you are hot. =)

Kasee123 is offline Junior Member
    Great work, keep it up!

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    well done Greg, you're doing really well

Trifith is offline Senior Member
    Haven't been by in a long while, but here's progress. One year!

Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Holy shit, Trifith... that's some serious progress!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifith View Post
    Haven't been by in a long while, but here's progress. One year!

Nice! It's fun to do it together, no?
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related