Page 470 of 553 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 5521

Thread: Before and after pics page 470

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    from left/right then bottom

august 10,2010. May 5th 2102. july 20thish,2012. bottom:september 4th, 2012.

Between 2010 and 2102 I have no pictures of myself. I started "kinda" primal february of 2011, fell off in august (did lose about 60 lbs). Then 100% January 1st of this year and haven't looked back since.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    thanks guys. you missed the latest pic in a newer post! LOL

Nice bass ;D
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Hank, that's great progress!
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    thanks guys. you missed the latest pic in a newer post! LOL

That is fantastic. You look like your own younger brother!

perennialpam is online now Senior Member
    Impressive! You look wonderful!

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    I was having a crappy day at work, thanks all of you from the last 30 or so pages for posting the best stuff!! Keep up the inspiring progress and stories. Very impressed and in a better mood to boot.

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Well, I said I was going to stop posting progressions here and just keep it to the journal.... then I remember the first time I looked through here and realized.... pay it forward, dude. I'm trying to link a skinny-fat picture from my first post in this thread back in March, maybe it shows up and maybe no....

Skinny-fat, back in the day....
    Attachment 5799

February 2012, 8 weeks primal....

September 2012, 9 months primal....

Have I thanked Mark Sisson, and the positive crowd I've found here at MDA yet? I don't think I'll ever be done doing that....

By the way, WeldingHank is my hero! You kick ass, dude!
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    Well, I said I was going to stop posting progressions here and just keep it to the journal.... then I remember the first time I looked through here and realized.... pay it forward, dude. I'm trying to link a skinny-fat picture from my first post in this thread back in March, maybe it shows up and maybe no....

Attachment 5799

Have I thanked Mark Sisson, and the positive crowd I've found here at MDA yet? I don't think I'll ever be done doing that....

Effin sick man
    Billie trips balls

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post

Attachment 5799

Thanks dude. I'm hoping to creep up on your February photo myself by maybe march. My body hasn't seen the light of day in probably 15+ years.

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    I agree, pay it forward. This thread is total inspiration. Thanks to all who are willing to share their journey to help others along the path.

This week is my 1 year Primal Anniversary. I am 45 and this was the best year of my life in more than a decade. On Sept 18, 2011 my wife read Why We Get Fat (and what to do about it) by Gary Taubes. We began Sept 19th with a strong commitment to give this new thing a try. We had spent the last many months eating all organic, eating lean protein like chicken, turkey and fish, eating whole grains, fresh pasta, oatmeal, low fat and on and on. This had gotten me to the heaviest weight ever in my life, 274 lbs. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that, but hey I was taking the recommended blood pressure pills and eating pretty much exactly what the Drs, medical community, FDA, American Heart Association and "everyone" says to eat. My joints hurt more every year, my health declined more every year, my energy declined every year and I kept getting fatter. I tried to talk to my cardiologist about side effects that I felt I was having from the blood pressure pills and he looked me in the eye and said nobody really gets those side effects. I left and haven't been back. I also stopped taking the pills. Within a month my joint pain reduced and I started to feel better.

We kicked off week one with a vengeance, totally committed to it. I started researching online and quickly found The Primal Blueprint and Mark's Daily Apple which really details out the lifestyle and how to live it. And the success stories here are pure inspiration. Within a few weeks we felt a ton better, lighter, leaner, healthier and more energetic. No more falling asleep on the couch after dinner every night. No more being "starving" a few hours after eating. Within a couple of months we were really losing weight and feeling great. We were eating bacon every day and loving it. We quickly realized that on the days we ate lots of fat we felt even better. But, we were still nervous about eating half our calories or more from fat, you get preached to that fat will kill you for your whole life and it makes you wonder. But, we couldn't deny the results we were feeling. We stopped the lean meat and started eating the fattiest meats we could find, bacon, eggs, pork butt, sausage and brisket are at the top of our list these days. People looked at us strangely, secretly (or not) thinking we were going to die of a heart attack from eating bacon, but soon I had lost 20 lbs, 30 lbs, 40 lbs and I was feeling great and looking great (well, better anyway). They couldn't deny the results, the health and the blood test results. My blood pressure dropped 20+ points on each number, my triglycerides dropped 50 points from 136 to 86, my blood sugar dropped. Kerri's most recent total cholesterol was 119, and I've seen her eat bacon, eggs, brisket and pulled pork butt pretty much every day for a year.

The kids are thriving at sports and school and feeling better than ever. A month or so ago my 11 yo daughter said that she needed a new swimsuit. I said we just got you new swimsuits at the beginning of summer. She said I know but they're too big, every time I jump in the water it flies off. We had to get vaccines for the kids last week and their Dr said they both looked amazing, he hadn't seen them in a couple of years.

I have not eaten a single piece of bread or pasta in the past year. I have eaten more lbs of beef this year than I have eaten in my entire life. I can't believe how much I didn't like beef my whole life and now I am pure carnivore. Give me MEAT! We mostly eat meat, cheese, yogurt, fruits and a few veggies. Snacks are fruit, pistachios, olives and always cheese and bacon. I cook 10-15 even 20 lbs of beef, pork and bacon every weekend and we eat it all week, we eat 3-4 dozen eggs every week, 10+ lbs of bacon every week, we cook and reheat everything we eat in bacon fat. My favorite dinner is a big pile of brisket and pork butt fried in bacon fat with 3 or 4 eggs fried over medium in bacon fat on top of it with cheese, avocado and tomatoes on the side. And some bacon for dessert.

I went from 274 lbs on September 19, 2011 to 228 lbs on April 2, 2012, -46 lbs in about 6 months. I hit a plateau and then peaked at 223 lbs the week of May 28th, -51 lbs. Then summer hit and we were boating, swimming, vacationing, beaching, eating and drinking like rock stars. We still ate primal but we upped the cheats, drank lots of pina coladas, margaritas and daiquiris, ate lots of nice dinners out with dessert. Generally, we had a great summer and really ate and drank what we wanted, minus grains.

Unfortunately, I gained some weight over the summer. I ballooned all the way up to ... 226-1/2 lbs as of this morning. Isn't that AMAZING? I lost 50 lbs in six months and kept it off for another 6 months while eating and drinking almost anything I pleased. You can't tell me that Primal doesn't work. Don't even get me started on my joint pain being gone, energy level steady all day every day, no more ups and downs, no more crashes after eating, running and playing and feeling amazing every single day. I haven't been "starving" in almost a year and I fast 24 hours from dinner to dinner a couple of times per week. It actually makes me feel better not worse when I don't eat. No more cranky, tired hunger. We've been around sick people and most times we don't get sick, occasionally we'll pick up a bug but it is gone in a couple of days and we never feel as bad as the people we catch the bugs from. Our bodies work better now. That's really all we can say about it.

Oh, and for you chronic cardio exercise geeks. I don't. I walk a mile or two 4 or 5 days a week. I do push ups, pull ups, squats and stretches a couple of times a week, or less. I used to act like I might do a plank occasionally but it was a lie. I hate planks and I don't do them. When I started I could do 0 pull ups and less than 10 push ups. By summer I was up to 2-1/2 ish pull ups and 40+ push ups, aiming for 50 in one shot. Over the summer my exercising dropped by half or less, other than floating in pools, lakes and oceans and lifting lots of food and drink to my face. So I'm back to 1 pull up and 25-30 push ups in one shot. Maybe I'll work on that a little.

Thanks to mom for the book. Thanks to my wife for reading it with a vengeance and pushing (dragging) us out there into the great unknown. Thanks to Mark Sisson for putting it all together and helping it all make sense. Thanks to Charles for taking a leap and walking the primal path with me at work every day for a year.

And I'm not sorry that this is long.

Grok on!!! If you don't know what that means then you need to spend more time here: Mark's Daily Apple

Pics to follow