Page 467 of 553 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 467

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you very much !
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Ghshl is online now Senior Member
    Thanks for the comments
    You do indeed look much healthier now too, daydreamer!

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Gilleh; 09-21-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

cantat is offline Senior Member
    Gilleh, your pecs and lats look bigger...no? Strange that you weigh less in the new pic but look more...robust. IDK, maybe it's the tan. Overall I would say there's just something about the new pics, you look heartier and healthier.

Syd
    29/F
    5'4.5
    Highest weight: 220
    Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 127

You can see a difference, maybe a subtle difference, but one non the less. To gain weight you need to be eating the correct foods, it's no use just cutting grains etc... You actually need to eat a considerable amount of food.

Body builders tend to focus on the assumption of approximately 1g of protein per 1lb of of lean body fat so if you weigh roughly 120lbs taken from you wighing 54kg then you should be eating about 120g of protein a day! Thats roughly 5 large chicken breasts by my calculations!

Also depends on your workout regime as well to build muscle, building lean weight (muscle) most bodybuilders advocate doing low reps high weight.

Check out defranco's built like a badass workout programme

DeFranco's Training ..:: The Ultimate Way To Become A Better Athlete ::..

or even google stronglifts 5x5

You will probabably never look like mr olympia or whatever because of your body type. Just stick at it and you will notice the difference if you heed this advice.

PS I am not a PT nor a doc, but I have trained American Football players and use to bodybuild so I have done my research on this kind of thing!!

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Thanks urbancaveman, I've lately bought a barbel switched to 5*5 about a month ago and I can see the difference on my body.
    I'll read that link asap.
    Could you recommend exercises I can do at home with low risk of injury?
    I've never stepped into a gym, I do curls and shoulder presses along with Convict Conditioning stuff
    Deadlifts hurt my neck.
    Last edited by Gilleh; 09-07-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

If deadlifts hurt your neck you are doing them wrong! When doing any resistance exercise, proper form is essential to prevent injury and to improve efficiency, so I'd be hesitant to remove deadlifts out of the equation, just look at your posture as you are doing them, try doing them in a mirror.
    Check this website out for a step by step deadlift guide.

How to Deadlift: Definitive Guide to Mastering Technique | StrongLifts.com

The whole idea with stronglifts is to start off small then go big! So I reccommend doing the following

2 warm up set at approximately 30% of your maximum weight, so if you can bench press 100Kg for 5 reps then your warm up set would be 30kg. If your maximum is 40kg then your warm up weight would be 15kg etc.

2 intermediate sets this will be approximately 70-75% of your maximum weight so if your maximum is 100kg then you do 2 sets of 5 reps with 70-75kg likewise if your maximum is 40kg then you do approximately 30kg .

1 set of 5 reps of your maximum weight you could do last time!

IMPORTANT: When your maximum becomes too comfortable add 1 extra set to failure adding another weight to the amount you already do try and improve.

Do this for each of the exercise on the stronglifts program and you should see results! but remember to rest! This programme is only meant to be done 2-3 times a week maximum! Muscle growth occurs during rest so make sure you get plenty of it and plenty of sleep!

Keep us posted of your results!
    Last edited by urbancaveman; 09-07-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Lyns84 is offline Junior Member
    Six weeks ago: photo.jpg picture by lyns84 - Photobucket

Today, 14lbs lighter: photo.jpg picture by lyns84 - Photobucket

I can't see any difference, infact I think I look wider! My clothes are falling off me though, so I must be just shrinking in general...
    Last edited by Lyns84; 09-07-2012 at 05:48 AM.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    nope, your chest waist and thighs shrank
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Evita is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE

I can't see any difference, infact I think I look wider! My clothes are falling off me though, so I must be just shrinking in general...[/QUOTE]

I see a big difference! Especially in your chest and waist You look amazing!