Page 451 of 548 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 5480

Thread: Before and after pics page 451

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cantare View Post
    I suck at buying clothes, always want to bolt from the store after a couple of minutes.
    HA! Me too! I get hives looking at clothes. I have nightmares from my back-to-school clothes shopping trips with my mom. "Go try these on", "Make sure they are loose so you grow into them", "Ma'am - Do you have these in HUSKY?" I still remember having to take out a hundred little pins to try on a stupid shirt. I think I only own 2 shirts with buttons right now, pocket T-Shirts rule!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Everybody is looking good!

Thought I'd include an update, though it's nothing major. This is August of 2011:

This is June of 2012:

That's 10-15 lbs lost. I'm still working on all my fitness goals, but a recent re-dedication has resulted in great improvements in my push-up #s (on knees, still working on the core strength to handle a real one).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Are we looking at a fitness update or tattoo update? :P

Just kidding. Love them both!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Haha, next time, I'll be all muscly and either the little chest tattoo will be covered, or I'll probably have another one elsewhere
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcarol View Post
    Are we looking at a fitness update or tattoo update? :P

Just kidding. Love them both!
    Looks great! Wonderful muscle tone showing up there!

Also id actually love a better picture of that upper arm tattoo cause I can see it has birds in it!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Lyns84 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Looks great! Wonderful muscle tone showing up there!

Also id actually love a better picture of that upper arm tattoo cause I can see it has birds in it!
    Is it an owl? I'm getting tattoo'd tomorrow, a half sleeve with an owl & pocketwatch, too excited!!

Anyway, fantastic progress, you look great :-)

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Well, I feel a little funny posting photos here, since I really haven't lost much weight...BUT I have lost a lot of pain, due to reduced inflamation & being able to lift more weights, & more often without injurying/reinjurying myself. I can do yoga again, same thing, without hurting myself. Before my Oct 2000 motorcycle crash, I was doing yoga daily for about 14 years. But my discs & some nerves were facked (either they still are but don't hurt or they are healing) & I've got so much thick scar tissue & muscle imbalances from grafts & 9 surgeries, and blah blah blah.

Anyhoo, here's me @ my highest weight ever, 165 lbs. It's just a head shot on the couch, 19 months ago, before I went fully primal with my diet.
    165Lbs.NoteThePuffyFace.jpg

Here's last summer, about 155 lbs, leaner but still in daily pain, especially in the mornings & sometimes at night pain would keep me awake, disrupting my sleep. Or days of pain if I stand on my feet too long just 1 day, or carry too many heavy grocery bags up stairs or tote luggage to/from the airport...
    Photo on 2011-06-08 at 17.03.jpg

These past several months, I've been more consistent with primal diet AND LIFESTYLE, ie swimming, lifting & walking, biking daily. In the photo below, about 2 weeks ago, I weigh about 148-150 lbs. But I feel much stronger, have little or often no pain at all in my back, I swim more laps & faster laps without feeling tired & am increasing my weight reps & feelin' good about it! My moods are more steady, less melancholy more hopeful about the future, more emotionally level, more happy. Waking up earlier in the AM with more energy & no pain or very very little pain but mostly no pain, still eating loads of food, as much as I want, lots of healthy fats, sometimes 2 meals a day, sometimes 3-4. Never count calories, never will. Do a 18-24 hr water fast once or twice a week.
    Photo on 2012-07-17 at 12.11 #2.jpg
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Hank, that's awesome brother! The fish ain't bad either....
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I wanted to chime in kudos for Hank too. Great job, man! Way away from CW, & reversed your diabetes in the process. That's awesome & sends a powerful message to the people interacting with you I'm sure...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Anyhoo, here's me @ my highest weight ever, 165 lbs. It's just a head shot on the couch, 19 months ago, before I went fully primal with my diet.
    I think those pics are going to take ages to be approved
    Billie trips balls