Page 443 of 548 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 5480

Thread: Before and after pics page 443

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    Love the full wheel! I am still working on it. I just don't have the upper body strength yet.
    technically, upward bow pose. wheel is when the fore arms are on the floor.

This is also an interesting variation (heels up -- it's usually heels down unless you're transitioning to shoulder stand).

And, I would say that more shoulder and thoracic spine flexibility would make this posture work. Right now, the whole thing is really sitting in the lower thoracic and lumbar spine, and it might "tweak" if you were to push farther into it at this point.

Great flexibility on the front of the psoas -- or hip flexor -- and the use of the gluteus medias is really spot on here, as the rotation of the thigh is great. So the pelvis is properly (perfectly!) aligned.

You can also release the neck/head a bit -- look toward the hands a bit more, and it will make it easier to breathe/swallow.

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMack383 View Post
    Well this is my journey SO FAR. I started Paleo on January 1,2012 with a friendly email from my friend Ryan who thought I could benefit from the lifestyle. I am 6'1", I started out 362 lbs and I am currently 275 lbs. I have been large my whole life, always thought I would be until I read the "Primal Blueprint". After I read the first book I got every other Paleo book I could get my hands on and dove right in.

I went from a 44" waist to currently a 38". I don't think I have been a 38" since middle school. I went from 3xl shirts to a 2xl and now a few Polo shirts that are XL. That was also a big motivator was being able to walk into a store and buy clothes, instead of ordering them online.

I work on a tugboat where the diets are terrible even though the coast guard has strict medical guidelines for BMI. That was also always on the back of my mind. They strive for a BMI of 40 or under, even though still unhealthy, if they went any lower there would be no one running tugboats.

This is my journey so far, I havent cheated at all and I can't go back. My goal weight for now is 225. I think with hard-work and determination I can achieve that goal. My friends and family have been supportive. I have also introduced family members, friends, and strangers to the diet. They have also found success. Well keep fighting the good fight!

PS. Tattoos are Paleo right?
    Attachment 8391Attachment 8392Attachment 8393Attachment 8394
    Nice good to see all these good results. Its interesting how much different people look....that's 275? I feel like that looks thinner than me at 249. Maybe its that you still have a shirt on. I have a picture of me ...somewhere in the thread at 249 I think unless I never posted it....not sure.

Anyway in case someone hasn't checked it out yet Jack Kruse has some really good blogs over at his site too.
    Jack Kruse
    The last one was great page 21 is the first page of blogs....hard to believe its been that many blogs. Didn't start doing them all that long ago.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

docpearce is offline Member
    The beer looks so tiny in your hand

Quote Originally Posted by JMack383 View Post
    Well this is my journey SO FAR. I started Paleo on January 1,2012 with a friendly email from my friend Ryan who thought I could benefit from the lifestyle. I am 6'1", I started out 362 lbs and I am currently 275 lbs. I have been large my whole life, always thought I would be until I read the "Primal Blueprint". After I read the first book I got every other Paleo book I could get my hands on and dove right in.

I went from a 44" waist to currently a 38". I don't think I have been a 38" since middle school. I went from 3xl shirts to a 2xl and now a few Polo shirts that are XL. That was also a big motivator was being able to walk into a store and buy clothes, instead of ordering them online.

I work on a tugboat where the diets are terrible even though the coast guard has strict medical guidelines for BMI. That was also always on the back of my mind. They strive for a BMI of 40 or under, even though still unhealthy, if they went any lower there would be no one running tugboats.

This is my journey so far, I havent cheated at all and I can't go back. My goal weight for now is 225. I think with hard-work and determination I can achieve that goal. My friends and family have been supportive. I have also introduced family members, friends, and strangers to the diet. They have also found success. Well keep fighting the good fight!

PS. Tattoos are Paleo right?
    Attachment 8391Attachment 8392Attachment 8393Attachment 8394

JMack383 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docpearce View Post
    The beer looks so tiny in your hand
    I miss those tiny beers...not really though it has been 7 months without a beer and I dont have any cravings which is weird because I would drink about 20 throughout a summer day.

Haven't posted in a while... max weight was 262, holding 170~175 these days. Exercise is a mix of HIT and MovNat.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Whoa Spaceman! Good for you!

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Nice progress Spaceman, Just signed up to NF forum the other day myself.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Spaceman, you look GREAT!

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    You look good, Spaceman.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Nice NF tshirt Spaceman! I love that site.

Looking super healthy.