Page 439 of 548 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 5480

Thread: Before and after pics page 439

friesiangrl is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Freaking magnificent. LOVE the definition in the shot on the right. Wow!
    Thanks!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    @Danno: DAMN, GQ much?? ;D

@skorpion: Astonishing job! Well done!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

ilanatree is offline Junior Member
    I've been living primal since March, and I think I've made some progress. Despite an injury (de Quervain's tenosynovitis) that's kept me from lifting (much) the past month or so, I've been steadily losing fat and gaining muscle, and feel like I'm pretty close to being fat-adapted, if I'm not already.

Totally off grains, sugar, and soy (well, 95%-5%), and I've incorporated a lot more meat into my diet. I still eat a lot of dairy and some artificial sweeteners, and that's not changing anytime soon (so no lectures, please!).

As of the last time I weighed myself, I'm around 175 lbs, 42-32-41. Still 5'6". I don't know my body fat percentage, since I don't have calipers or access to any other facilities.

I last posted in April: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post805721 At the time I weighed around 185.

This is me today, 11 July 2012:

And just for fun, here's a pic of me doing some yoga the other day:
    Last edited by ilanatree; 07-11-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Images were huge

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilanatree View Post
    I've been living primal since March, and I think I've made some progress. Despite an injury (de Quervain's tenosynovitis) that's kept me from lifting (much) the past month or so, I've been steadily losing fat and gaining muscle, and feel like I'm pretty close to being fat-adapted, if I'm not already.

Totally off grains, sugar, and soy (well, 95%-5%), and I've incorporated a lot more meat into my diet. I still eat a lot of dairy and some artificial sweeteners, and that's not changing anytime soon (so no lectures, please!).

As of the last time I weighed myself, I'm around 175 lbs, 42-32-41. Still 5'6". I don't know my body fat percentage, since I don't have calipers or access to any other facilities.

I last posted in April: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post805721 At the time I weighed around 185.

This is me today, 11 July 2012:

And just for fun, here's a pic of me doing some yoga the other day:
    Dang girl! Looking great!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

JMack383 is offline Junior Member

7 months Paleo

Well this is my journey SO FAR. I started Paleo on January 1,2012 with a friendly email from my friend Ryan who thought I could benefit from the lifestyle. I am 6'1", I started out 362 lbs and I am currently 275 lbs. I have been large my whole life, always thought I would be until I read the "Primal Blueprint". After I read the first book I got every other Paleo book I could get my hands on and dove right in.

I went from a 44" waist to currently a 38". I don't think I have been a 38" since middle school. I went from 3xl shirts to a 2xl and now a few Polo shirts that are XL. That was also a big motivator was being able to walk into a store and buy clothes, instead of ordering them online.

I work on a tugboat where the diets are terrible even though the coast guard has strict medical guidelines for BMI. That was also always on the back of my mind. They strive for a BMI of 40 or under, even though still unhealthy, if they went any lower there would be no one running tugboats.

This is my journey so far, I havent cheated at all and I can't go back. My goal weight for now is 225. I think with hard-work and determination I can achieve that goal. My friends and family have been supportive. I have also introduced family members, friends, and strangers to the diet. They have also found success. Well keep fighting the good fight!

PS. Tattoos are Paleo right?
    meandchowe.jpgmeandkatie.jpgphoto (4).JPGphoto (5).JPG

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMack383 View Post
    Well this is my journey SO FAR. I started Paleo on January 1,2012 with a friendly email from my friend Ryan who thought I could benefit from the lifestyle. I am 6'1", I started out 362 lbs and I am currently 275 lbs. I have been large my whole life, always thought I would be until I read the "Primal Blueprint". After I read the first book I got every other Paleo book I could get my hands on and dove right in.

I went from a 44" waist to currently a 38". I don't think I have been a 38" since middle school. I went from 3xl shirts to a 2xl and now a few Polo shirts that are XL. That was also a big motivator was being able to walk into a store and buy clothes, instead of ordering them online.

I work on a tugboat where the diets are terrible even though the coast guard has strict medical guidelines for BMI. That was also always on the back of my mind. They strive for a BMI of 40 or under, even though still unhealthy, if they went any lower there would be no one running tugboats.

This is my journey so far, I havent cheated at all and I can't go back. My goal weight for now is 225. I think with hard-work and determination I can achieve that goal. My friends and family have been supportive. I have also introduced family members, friends, and strangers to the diet. They have also found success. Well keep fighting the good fight!

PS. Tattoos are Paleo right?
    meandchowe.jpgmeandkatie.jpgphoto (4).JPGphoto (5).JPG
    Congrats Jmack. Sounds like you're well on the way to 225 I'm sure you'll hit it in no time

Quote Originally Posted by JMack383 View Post
    Well this is my journey SO FAR. I started Paleo on January 1,2012 with a friendly email from my friend Ryan who thought I could benefit from the lifestyle. I am 6'1", I started out 362 lbs and I am currently 275 lbs. I have been large my whole life, always thought I would be until I read the "Primal Blueprint". After I read the first book I got every other Paleo book I could get my hands on and dove right in....
    That's awesome! Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Dang girl! Looking great!
    Thank you!!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilanatree View Post
    I loved doing this as a kid. Wonder if I still can?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I loved doing this as a kid. Wonder if I still can?
    Try it!