Page 434 of 553 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 434

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Congrats, Hank!! So impressive!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    It's the big happy smile on your face that speaks volumes, as well as your obvious weightloss, Hank.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Nice job, Motorhead! IF was a huge help for me to get my weight loss rolling too.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Amazing progress in these last few pics!

gatorades - you really lost that belly!! You look amazing!

motorhead - really awesome progress. You look great!

Hank - unbelievable work. You are such a cutie!!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    It's evolved slightly over the last few months, but basically 5x5(or 10) bench press, 5x5(or 10) squats, and supersetting pullups-to-chinups-to-dips. Don't let that last one get away with sounding complicated, it just do pullups palms out to failure, transition directly to chinups palms in to failure, then directly into dips to failure and that's one set. I'll do that 3 or 5 times depending on how I'm feeling. I do this routine 3 days a week, total time in the gyms is max 45 minutes. No ab workouts, no regular cardio. If I'd ever thought I could get these results from so little (relative) effort I'd have been working out and eating this way the whole time, but that pretty much sums it up for all of us I imagine...

Many thanks for the compliment! I always think "yeah, I'm doing pretty good..." and then I pop back in this thread and see some real accomplishments.... you guys keep me going forward on those days I'd rather be lazy.
    When you do your set of pullups, chinups and dips. Hoe long do you rest before repeating?
    Billie trips balls

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    When you do your set of pullups, chinups and dips. Hoe long do you rest before repeating?
    I don't time myself, more play it by feel, but I'd say never more than 60 seconds. If I go five sets, I normally won't clear more than (this would be on a good day, normal days I might not even make it to 5 sets) 4 reps palms out, 2 more palms in, and 15 or fewer dips on the last set. By then my arms are normally jello.
    Last edited by BONZ; 06-24-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Actually, I keep really short rest times through the whole workout. One of the guys at work will usually jump in and follow me through my routine, as soon as he's done with a set I'm usually right back under the weight.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    Actually, I keep really short rest times through the whole workout. One of the guys at work will usually jump in and follow me through my routine, as soon as he's done with a set I'm usually right back under the weight.
    You mean during heavy squats as well? I do starting strength and rippetoe says you can rest up to 7 minutes. I usually do 4
    Billie trips balls

You mean during heavy squats as well? I do starting strength and rippetoe says you can rest up to 7 minutes. I usually do 4
    I need to buy that book, I've seen it praised highly. I caught a minor back injury (small muscle strain) a little while back, since then I've been a little gunshy when it came to squats. Keep this in mind, I'm severely lacking in hip and ankle flexibility. My high mark was 360 lbs for five, but this was at parallel not below. After the back thing, I dropped the weight way down. 270 lbs or below. This does allow me to get lower, but it doesn't drain me out like the heavier weight did. Now my reps are a little more intense, and the rest time is way down. If you're reading Rippetoe don't worry about what I'm doing! haha You can be sure he's got you on the right track. I'm making half of this up as I go, based on pain and recovery time feed back I'm getting along the way. If I get stuck in a rut or something seems to be more or less effective, I'll modify and see where it takes me. Take for example the pullup routine, I just this last week started doing the "Armstrong Method" which is a 5 day a week thing. I modified my last exercise during the M-W-F routine, moving the dips to after the pullup program, and added the pullup program to Tuesday and Thursday. The Marine in me says I need to get back over 20 pullups, and Armstrong developed this program specifically for Marine PFTs. I'll see where that takes me and go from there.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canes84 View Post
    April 2011, 180lbs.:
    Attachment 7988

June 2012 138lbs.:
    Attachment 7989

I embarked on the primal journey in November 2011. I had poked around this forum for about 2 years before committing. My only regret is not committing on day 1. I crossfit 4-6 days a week and now eat primal 80/20.
    Wow, awesome. You're making me want to switch teams again.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2