Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 5520

Thread: Before and after pics page 431

canes84 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    April 2011, 180lbs.:
    IMG_2654.jpg

June 2012 138lbs.:
    DSCN0822.jpg

I embarked on the primal journey in November 2011. I had poked around this forum for about 2 years before committing. My only regret is not committing on day 1. I crossfit 4-6 days a week and now eat primal 80/20.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueTII View Post
    I am definitely in agreement with those of you who wish you had a pic from day 1, but I'm not going back to get one. I love seeing the improvements that everyone has made, so I'll post up my before and during as well:
    This is what I looked like in 2011:

2011 by UniqueTII, on Flickr

This is what I looked like on 6/1/12, with the jeans I was wearing on 1/1/12:

5 months by UniqueTII, on Flickr

I still have a lot of work to do, but I feel great! My chronic and severe heartburn/reflux has gone away, I can think clearer, I have more energy, I'm getting my strength and stamina back, and so on...

OMG I did the math! You've lost 72 pounds in hardly any time at all. How awesome. Good for you!

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    OMG I did the math! You've lost 72 pounds in hardly any time at all. How awesome. Good for you!
    Ha ha, thanks! It has been a fantastic experience so far!
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Hit the 6 month mark, and man what a trip. This will probably be my last progression post outside my journal.. I don't think I can tell much more of a story in this thread than these photos already do, but I'll damn sure continue to creep here and check up on the rest of you. If you can't find motivation in this place, you're not wired right!

8 Weeks primal:

6 Months primal:

Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

MarkHunt is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adameads View Post
    Well, it's been a crazy two months for my family. We're in the process of moving, and everything that goes along with it (contract/price negotiations, inspections, repairs, timelines, financing, appraisals, meeting with banks/mortgage/inspectors/etc). My diet has been pretty good through all of this, but especially good the last week, and, as expected, I can tell a difference. Sleep is lacking a bit, and stress is DEFINITELY up, but all in all, I'm doing pretty well. I wonder how big a mess I'd be if I weren't primal. (Don't really want to know..)

Anyway, I had some time to snap a few pictures this morning. The scale said 211.6 this morning, so that is as low as I've been since high school playing days.

I'm going to finally reveal my face, because I think the differences there are the most telling.

My start...December 2011. 251 pounds, more body fat than a grain fed pig, and incredibly unhappy...a forced smile:

Side shot...

February

April

Today:

In jeans that were tight in December:

The belly isn't flat yet...I'm actually amazed that at 211 pounds, I'm not rail thin. That's the thinking that goes on in your head as you weight creeps up over the years. "Oh, if I could just lose 30 pounds, I'll be on the cover of Men's Health!"

False.

There's a lot more work to be done.

Sorry for such a big picture...don't know how to downsize other than in photobucket, which I did.

I'll always have a huge head...I guess one drawback to being skinny(ier) is I'll look more like a toddler with the head/body proportion.

Oh well, I'll take it!

Wow... these are amazing results. You look great and younger too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    Hit the 6 month mark, and man what a trip. This will probably be my last progression post outside my journal.. I don't think I can tell much more of a story in this thread than these photos already do, but I'll damn sure continue to creep here and check up on the rest of you. If you can't find motivation in this place, you're not wired right!

8 Weeks primal:

6 Months primal:

Dude you look great! What's your workouts like?

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    GREAT work everybody!! BONZ you have totally leaned out man. Nice work!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Quote Originally Posted by krzyskillz67 View Post
    Dude you look great! What's your workouts like?
    It's evolved slightly over the last few months, but basically 5x5(or 10) bench press, 5x5(or 10) squats, and supersetting pullups-to-chinups-to-dips. Don't let that last one get away with sounding complicated, it just do pullups palms out to failure, transition directly to chinups palms in to failure, then directly into dips to failure and that's one set. I'll do that 3 or 5 times depending on how I'm feeling. I do this routine 3 days a week, total time in the gyms is max 45 minutes. No ab workouts, no regular cardio. If I'd ever thought I could get these results from so little (relative) effort I'd have been working out and eating this way the whole time, but that pretty much sums it up for all of us I imagine...

Many thanks for the compliment! I always think "yeah, I'm doing pretty good..." and then I pop back in this thread and see some real accomplishments.... you guys keep me going forward on those days I'd rather be lazy.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    Many thanks for the compliment! I always think "yeah, I'm doing pretty good..." and then I pop back in this thread and see some real accomplishments.... you guys keep me going forward on those days I'd rather be lazy.
    Nice work, man! You'll be one of the people who helps motivate me to lift heavy things more often. I've been doing fantastic with the weight loss but haven't added the muscle mass that is a big part of my eventual goal.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

UniqueTII, RIDICULOUS! Canes84, RIDICULOUS! adameads, AND RIDONKULOUS!

UniqueTII, One thing I've found out over the last 4 months is you don't have to kill yourself in the weight room to get some decent results, and for me that's made all the difference in my motivation to stick with it. I've done the 6 day a week, "bro-science" (<- I love that term!) split routine "isolate every muscle", gym rat workout way back when I still ate garbage food. Having gone through both methods (crazy gym rat vs. my current, relaxed, 3 exercise heavy compounds routine) I find the gym rat thing to be a complete waste of time, unless of course you plan on being Mr. Universe someday. Keep that in mind when you decide to hit the weights. Don't feel like trying to kill yourself is going to give you any better results. As long as you pick a routine that you enjoy and you cover the major compound movements, the results take care of themselves. I look forward to gym days now, that NEVER used to happen.