Page 427 of 559 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 5585

Thread: Before and after pics

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    **perks up** Did someone say FIREFLY? Shiny!
    +1
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Crafter View Post
    May27th 2012 update:
    Holy crap... dude where the F*** is your broad sword.... Good for you man you look fantastic!

I never wanted to post success pictures because I don't feel done. But it occurred to me that I am a success story so here goes. Someone in another thread wanted to see success pictures of someone who always had a weight problem and is a middle aged woman.

This is me in 1976. I'm on the right next to my skinny bitch sister.

This is me in 1978. I'm 14. This is the year I hit puberty. I wear a 1978 version of a size 13/14.

I've left out pictures of myself at the age of 16. I was fairly skinny in 1980 when I was 16. I weighed 108 at my lowest. I achieved that with complete and total starvation. I aimed for 500 calories a day. Naturally this was unsustainable. See how it ended up by 1984:

This is me in 1984. I weighed 145 then. I was 19 years old.

My weight fluctuated all my life. The lowest I ever got after 1984 was about 130. I usually had to endure a bad break-up and starve myself. Mostly I hovered around 145 although I usually didn't look as bad as the above.

Here I am last year in September. At this time I'm 46 years old and the last time I had stepped on a scale it said 165 but I don't know what my weight was on this day. At the time, I ran 3-5 miles a day during the week and hiked in the mountains on the weekend. I ate salads with dry skinless chicken breast for lunch. I had been low-carbing it for a month and frustrated at my lack of weight loss.

Here I am today after work in the clothes I wore to work. Totally random day to take a picture. Nothing special about it. Last time I weighed myself I was 135. I'm 47. I'm not in menopause but I don't have a uterus so who the hell really knows?

I don't have the courage to buy a bathing suit yet, but here's me in a buff (a bit of boob flattening going on here) and a pair of bike shorts. So there's relatively little to hide here. Sorry it's blurry.

Even though I didn't include any pictures from when I weighed 108 and was 16 years old, I'm 47 now and weigh 135 and look pretty darn close to what I looked like at age 16. And I'm incredibly amazingly way far away from what I looked like when I weighed 145 in 1984. I mean, the difference between 135 now and 145 then looks like 50lbs to me, not 10. So the scale doesn't matter much I guess.

The best thing is I feel so healthy now. Last time I went to the doctor I complained of pain and he told me I'm getting older and should take it easy. Phooey on that. I hiked 89 miles in 4 days two weekends ago.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Wow, you look DAMN GREAT. And from reading your posts, you're so strong. I hope I'm half as healthy as you when I'm closer to my goal weight!

You are awesome sbhikes. Good stuff!

Great work sbhikes you look great!! I'm super happy for you

sbhikes, you are AWESOME. Thank you so much for posting your photos! Extremely inspiring!

Very impressive!

Goosejuggler - your weight loss is amazing, but I notice your skin looks 100% better, it's beautiful and shiny and healthy. Well done you
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Learn More
    This thread is so inspiring! Keep up the good work everyone!