Page 424 of 553 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 424

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I was fairly active on this forum, had a journal and stuff, but ended up going pretty much cold-turkey right at 3 months ago. It just seemed like doing the daily journal had become a burden and was just taking too much of my energy, so I quit.
    Anyway, this isnít really about quitting and coming back to the forum. Today is my one-year anniversary of going Primal. Iíve detailed a lot of this previously, but basically I had been a competitive endurance athlete, retired and got fat. Decided to get back into shape January 2011 and followed the conventional wisdom for 6 months, losing 15 to 20 lbs. On the advice of a friend I started living Primal on June 1, 2011. Since then Iíve lost 30 lbs more, have been doing a lot of body weight strength training, and have started racing my bike again. So hereís my updated pictures:

A couple of observationsÖ Iíve been at a stall or plateau on any weight loss for 6 or 7 months, but in that time I think Iíve pretty clearly lost fat and gained muscle. So I guess Iím about where Iím supposed to be. But that makes me think that BMI is not a very good predictor as I vary between about 24.5 to 25.3. Iím always at that high-end of Ďnormalí to just in the Ďoverweightí range, and Iím not very muscular. I canít have that much body fat, though, as I can see my abs. I also donít have that narrow skinny-jeans build, which is I guess what it would take to have a much lower BMI. Also, oddly, Iíve become more convinced that my body-fat measuring scale relies much more on calculations than measurement since my percentage also hasnít changed significantly over the last 6 months. So I guess another example of going by how you feel and how you look over numbers.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Velocity.X- Still rockin' that 'stache!! You look fantastic man! I'm liking that washboard.

Fuglington- Looking so very muscular. Nice work!!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

edearl is offline Junior Member
    Kakes - Thanks for the complement!
    Fuglington - Nice progress dude!
    OutdoorAmy - It's a great goal you have to summit all the 14ers. I hiked Long's Peak 15 years ago. I recommend taking at least 2 days on it. We did it in one day, 15 miles round trip. I think it would have been much more enjoyable had we taken a couple days to complete it. Good luck though!
    Velocity.x - Thanks for sharing your pics again. I find this forum very encouraging, and it wouldn't be so without all the people willing to show their progress through pics.

Peace!

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    I was just scanning through pics yesterday and ran across a couple of post-race pictures of WarlordBlade and I. We are going strong and primal as a family with our 4 kids since Jan 2 of this year.
    The first is from Thanksgiving day (November) 2011 right after a 5k Turkey Trot (which was hard for me at the time and quite grueling). The second is from May 19- just a couple of weeks ago at the finish of a super fun relay in which I had run a total of 8.65 miles and WLB had run about 9.5 miles (trails, road and hills in two legs each) Needless to say, we are feeling pretty amazing!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Timthetaco Guest
    Velocity, congratulations on your amazing progress, and congratulations on your even more amazing mustache. Seriously, that thing is spectacular.

But I'm not sure whose mustache would win a fight, yours or Triffith's.

Gaiasrevenge is offline Junior Member
    I'm not sure exactly when I technically went primal. At the beginning of this year, I promised myself I would make a change. I didn't know what to do, but little by little, I was led to the primal blueprint. As I started researching online, I decided that I would first go gluten-free. After a week or two of that, I decided that 'paleo' was the way to go. Then I discovered PB and I haven't looked back. My results in just the first month were so astonishing that my husband jumped on board.

In just four (ish) short months, I've lost almost 40 lbs and dropped from a size 18 to a 12. To be completely honest, I barely exercise. I work on my feet for 32 hours a week, sometimes more active, sometimes mostly standing. I go for occasional walks, but I have two very young children, so they are at a snail's pace. These results are from a change in diet.

Seeing the progress I've made in this photo (updated today), I am inspired to take the next step in Grokdom. I gave up alcohol two days ago. I am prepared to make changes to replace my cigarette habit with long (albeit slow) walks with my kids.

I'm excited to see where I am in another four months. Good luck on your journey!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9147169&type=1

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait 'till I get to post my success pictures
    Billie trips balls

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Kakes you guys are a seriously good looking couple. Both of you look so athletic! And happy.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiasrevenge View Post
    I'm not sure exactly when I technically went primal. At the beginning of this year, I promised myself I would make a change. I didn't know what to do, but little by little, I was led to the primal blueprint. As I started researching online, I decided that I would first go gluten-free. After a week or two of that, I decided that 'paleo' was the way to go. Then I discovered PB and I haven't looked back. My results in just the first month were so astonishing that my husband jumped on board.

In just four (ish) short months, I've lost almost 40 lbs and dropped from a size 18 to a 12. To be completely honest, I barely exercise. I work on my feet for 32 hours a week, sometimes more active, sometimes mostly standing. I go for occasional walks, but I have two very young children, so they are at a snail's pace. These results are from a change in diet.

Seeing the progress I've made in this photo (updated today), I am inspired to take the next step in Grokdom. I gave up alcohol two days ago. I am prepared to make changes to replace my cigarette habit with long (albeit slow) walks with my kids.

I'm excited to see where I am in another four months. Good luck on your journey!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9147169&type=1
    The facebook link expired.

Gaiasrevenge is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    The facebook link expired.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=b0a4895b1f

Bummer. I'll try again...