Page 423 of 553 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 5521

Thread: Before and after pics page 423

jllundqu is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Bad ass... I just started and it looks like we have the same body type. What workouts do you knock out? I'm just starting PBF (LHT, Sprints, biking/jogging, etc.)

Thanks for any advice for a NOOB!
    Re-Starting Paleo January 10, 2013

SW - 185.4 lbs Janury 10, 2013
    CW- 179.8 lbs
    Goal- 168 lbs Full Performance Level PBF, 32" waist, lean...

MY PALEO JOURNAL

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalClay View Post
    Hello all,
    It’s been awhile since I did an update. I have not really thought I had a reason to post anything lately. I got down to around 220 - 225 (long while ago) and stayed there. No matter how Primal I get or how often I hit the weights (5 times a week), go on long walks, bike rides, sprint, you name it.. I just stay around the 220 range. I notice people comment frequently how I look like I have really been slimming down over the past few months even though I have been around the same weight for months and months and months (repetiveness intentional). I finally did a few body fat tests and the average was 17%. I figure at 220 and around 5 foot 11 ish that is not terrible.

Here are a few from just now (after a long day I might add), I am the same weight as the above I love bacon shirt but get told all the time that I look a lot younger and leaner. Maybe its the massive amount of fish oil I consume.

Also FYI I am terrible at taking self pictures, I never seem to look at the right place. Years and years of being really fat does not exactly make you a pro at self portraits :-)
    I am hoping I will lose more weight, to me being around 220 does not exactly say "I am thin" but on the flip side I am really strong, very fast, and have a lot of endurance. So I guess I am in optimal health, just the vanity in me want to get down to the 199 or less spot.

All in all not bad for being in my 30s with a 4th kid on the way at the end of August.
    You are one of the biggest (IMO) inspirations for people to join this WOL dude. And I think you look awesome. I am 2" shorter than you and about 15lbs less. I think we are just built to pack on muscle, weight be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse
    not a life-changing success like a lot of you guys, but i started focusing on eating more vegetables thanks to a video by Dr. Terry Wahls. my focus is on MS prevention, as i'm related to a few people who have it (as well as other degenerative diseases- diabetes, cancer, alzheimer's). i started on 5/15, and have really just focused on eating at least 9 cups of fruit and veg per day (emphasis on nutrient-density), and although it wasn't the goal, i've lost a few inches already.
    Great. That just means that you are gonna be hotter than you already are.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Fuglington, are you sure those pics are of the same person??!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    Fuglington, are you sure those pics are of the same person??!
    Agreed, that last one must be your dad or something, lol. He looks so much older. And not even the same in the face.

Fuglington is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Agreed, that last one must be your dad or something, lol. He looks so much older. And not even the same in the face.
    It's me, I just look like crap in the photo.

Edit - The more I look between the pictures, I agree, I look completely different. I'll upload a picture from February where I still have my hair...

IMG_20120410_204737.JPG
    Last edited by Fuglington; 06-01-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Fuglington is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Bad ass... I just started and it looks like we have the same body type. What workouts do you knock out? I'm just starting PBF (LHT, Sprints, biking/jogging, etc.)

Thanks for any advice for a NOOB!
    I'm guessing this is aimed at me, please bare in mind that this works for me, others do things very differently...

I do three weight sessions a week.

1 - Squats/Leg press/Leg extensions.
    2 - Deadlift/Weighted wide arm pull ups
    3 - Dumbbell benchpress/ Weighted dips

I do a reverse Pyramid training scheme. Which is two warm up sets and three working sets. I do a warmup of 60% of my working weight, then 80%, then I do my heavy lift x4 reps, drop is by 10% for 5 reps, drop it by 10% for 6 reps. For example if my maximum lift was 100kg for 4 reps I would do the following. 60kg warmup, 80kg warmup, 100x4, 90x5, 80x6. If I can successfully do that, I up the weight on my next session.

I also try and walk often as well as cycling sprints.

This technique has given me substantial strength gains.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglington View Post
    It's me, I just look like crap in the photo.

Edit - The more I look between the pictures, I agree, I look completely different. I'll upload a picture from February where I still have my hair...
    Didn't mean to pick on you, dude, haha. I also meant to add that in the last pic, you definitely have more muscle and it is more well-defined.

Your training program looks pretty solid. I was doing something similar before an injury sidelined me, but I think it's time to get back on track with the training. I was also using a 5/3/1 template to set my sets/reps. It can work well with RPT since the jumps are 10% between sets. Give it a shot if you want a periodic way of progressing! Or just keep on truckin' with what you got, it's definitely working.

wudshapr is offline Junior Member
    So I figured, after having viewed a whole ton of these, that I should not be bashful either and show my one month progress. All comments and critiques are appreciated. My biggest weakness is alcohol. I am an alcoholic and although I have cut the daily beer out almost entirely I still seem to require whiskey or vodka as an alternative. I suppose this plight is two-fold, fitness and attempting to conquer alcohol. If anybody has experience with the latter I would love to read about it. one month in.jpg
    "Your vessel is your only true status symbol"

My blog containing information on my journey to fitness, and my artistic endeavors can be found here.

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wudshapr View Post
    So I figured, after having viewed a whole ton of these, that I should not be bashful either and show my one month progress. All comments and critiques are appreciated. My biggest weakness is alcohol. I am an alcoholic and although I have cut the daily beer out almost entirely I still seem to require whiskey or vodka as an alternative. I suppose this plight is two-fold, fitness and attempting to conquer alcohol. If anybody has experience with the latter I would love to read about it. one month in.jpg
    Cant see your pic's, but even just giving up the beer is a big step for an alcoholic. Anything that is hard to do is usually leading you in the right direction. Keep it going!
    Good start.

You know how I feel about you PeacefulWarrior. I think this is the highlight of my weekend.
    I'm in full blush mode right now.

This last batch of pre/post pic's are some of the best I've seen since I've been coming here.
    Good work everyone.
    I'm off to Cabo in 4 weeks, so I'm working my butt off. Short term goals like that make it way easier to stay focused.

I'm also now 5 days into the cold shower challenge. Not sure if anyone has read about it, or tried it, but my skin feels much better. I've never really had any skin issues, but it just feels really tight and soft.
    I wasn't necessarily doing it for the health benefits; I just wanted to try something that seemed like it would be hard to do.

Carry on boys and girls! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Took a before picture while hiking yesterday, to show that I was a cool outdoorsy chick even before changing my body composition . . . hopefully take pics in the same spot mid-way and then again at my goal.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.