Page 422 of 555 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 5541

Thread: Before and after pics page 422

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    Hello all,
    It’s been awhile since I did an update. I have not really thought I had a reason to post anything lately. I got down to around 220 - 225 (long while ago) and stayed there. No matter how Primal I get or how often I hit the weights (5 times a week), go on long walks, bike rides, sprint, you name it.. I just stay around the 220 range. I notice people comment frequently how I look like I have really been slimming down over the past few months even though I have been around the same weight for months and months and months (repetiveness intentional). I finally did a few body fat tests and the average was 17%. I figure at 220 and around 5 foot 11 ish that is not terrible.

So a trip down memory lane, that was around a year of being Primal between those sets.

Here are a few from just now (after a long day I might add), I am the same weight as the above I love bacon shirt but get told all the time that I look a lot younger and leaner. Maybe its the massive amount of fish oil I consume.

Also FYI I am terrible at taking self pictures, I never seem to look at the right place. Years and years of being really fat does not exactly make you a pro at self portraits :-)

I am hoping I will lose more weight, to me being around 220 does not exactly say "I am thin" but on the flip side I am really strong, very fast, and have a lot of endurance. So I guess I am in optimal health, just the vanity in me want to get down to the 199 or less spot.

All in all not bad for being in my 30s with a 4th kid on the way at the end of August.
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Ah! Waiting for picture approvals! So many great stories!
    Nixxy- wow wow wow!! That 35 lbs really does look like so much more. Keep it up girl!
    Clay- You have totally slimmed more. You look fantastic (and very strong)! Nice work!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Barb is offline Senior Member
    Hi PrimalClay - You look fabulous at 220. There are lots of guys who are TRYING to beef up to look like you! You have great body structure. Some guys are naturally built like linebackers (mesomorphs) - trying to weigh less would probably entail loss of lean body mass. Take pride in being a big strong guy.
    Last edited by Barb; 05-26-2012 at 08:39 AM.

dancermom09 is offline Member
    Clay, your arms in the photos with the bacon shirt, flexing, look like your arms in the latest photos, not flexing. You do look like you've put on more muscle. Nice!

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    You guys all look AMAZING! The coolest part of looking at all this is seeing how youthful and healthy people's faces/hair/skin look in all the afters. It is such a different feeling from when people just drop a bunch of weight eating low quality foods without nutrients. Amazing. Congrats to all of you! Hope to someday get to my goal and post a few!!!
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

Britt is offline Senior Member
    I have a whole page yammering about myself and whatnot, but they do say a picture is worth a thousand words... or forty pounds in my case.

Onto the next thirty pounds!
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    not a life-changing success like a lot of you guys, but i started focusing on eating more vegetables thanks to a video by Dr. Terry Wahls. my focus is on MS prevention, as i'm related to a few people who have it (as well as other degenerative diseases- diabetes, cancer, alzheimer's). i started on 5/15, and have really just focused on eating at least 9 cups of fruit and veg per day (emphasis on nutrient-density), and although it wasn't the goal, i've lost a few inches already.

starting 5/15:

thighs 24.25"
    widest part of butt (hip?) 40"
    natural waist 30.5"
    right under my belly button/above my hip bones 34.75"

yesterday:
    thigh: 23.75"
    hip:40"
    natural waist: 28"
    bellow belly button: 34"

also sent a picture to my husband (who hasn't seen me since early may), he asked if i doctored the photo.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    klove14- Nice work! You look so petite, young and best of all healthy!!
    edearl- Looking great! Goodbye belly!!
    Red_leaf- Awesome. You could be a different person! Definitely looking healthier!
    Saoirse- Yay for veggies and missing inches!! So sweet!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Fuglington is offline Junior Member
    Hiya,

Just an update. I've been Paleo + Dairy for a year now. I've been hitting the gym on a Leangains program for five months and also Intermittent fasting for those five months.

Starting in April 2011. 92kg.

20110426164612.jpg

December 2011 the day I started training. Around 76kg.

201201031640322.jpg

May 2012, 5 months of fasting and leangains with paleo (Not a great picture, I was messing around in the hottub....) 83kg and a reduction in BF% since December.

534337_10151786588320249_576865248_24653357_1298293945_n.jpg

Hope you are all doing well. More updates to follow in the coming months.

perennialpam is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by adr617 View Post
    Your transformation is truly amazing.
    I agree with the above response to an April 12th post.

I am in the midst of refocusing on my eating plan again. With summer comes graduations, showers, weddings and I have fallen into the carb pool more than I'd like to admit. I have avoided the scales but intend to jump on after my niece's wedding in 2 weeks.

Just looking at your muscles makes me wanna keep on chugging on. I wouldn't have thought it was possible to make the drastic change you did even for me who basically only took of 20 lbs total. I garden also but I am gathering I really need to indulge in the HIT plan too to get your results.

BTW, any ideas on how to engage people I work with who are at your starting weight without hurting feelings? I know one coworker is dealing with diabetes now, feet hurting, and talks about dieting but the circumstances have never been that I felt I could bring up the Primal Plan. She has never asked but always talks about how skinny I'm getting. I'm not by any means skinny.

Thanks for sharing your progress - Grok On!
    Pam