Page 421 of 553 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 421

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by gravyboat View Post
    nice new what????? Nice new spam?
    i must know!!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Hello. This is my first ever post on this forum, but I've been stalking you all out and reading through the archives for a few months now. I am considering starting a thread on here for my journey but as I updated my progress pic last night I thought I'd post that since it's ready now.

I weighed around ~145lb (~66kg) once I was fully grown height-wise, and had quite a low body fat %. I competed in a few different sports nationally. Without going into things too intensely, lets just say my life spiralled out of control and in the space of about 9 months I gained ~90lb (~41kg). I stayed at that weight for about a year, exercising 5x a week and limiting calories. Nothing worked, I only ever lost 2-3lb a fortnight or so and would soon get frustrated and give up, never losing any more than about 5lb before bouncing back to that plateau. Over the next 2 years I started creeping upwards.... I tried weight watchers, I followed conventional advice, and I was always reasonably active (not sedentary, at least).

This January just gone I found myself standing on the scales, for the first time in months, and seeing 282.4lb (128.1kg) staring back up at me. I could not believe it. I quite honestly felt like just dying. I was so good at convincing myself that yes I was fat, but I was still healthy! Not. Sometimes being a manipulator of yourself works to your own detriment, my complacency cost me my health. I could no longer lie and pretend that I was just overweight, but healthy. Things were obviously getting dangerous.

I started researching and reading late into the night. I was so wary and suspicious of all proposed diet changes. I had experimented with gluten and dairy elimination before and although I felt better, I didn't lose weight (I was still eating very high carb, and low fat, to "lose weight"). In March, on the 19th to be exact, I began my primal journey, from 275.4lb (124.9kg). I had lost about 7lb since my highest ever weight just through calorie restriction, but was miserable while doing it.

Since then, I have lost a further 27.6lb (12.5kg) with primal, in the space of only 2 months. I love what I eat, I rarely feel deprived, and I know my internal health is benefitting too.

So what does this ~35lb (~16kg) loss look like?
    275 to 264 to 248.jpg

The first pic is at about 276lb, the second around 264lb, and the third at about 248lb.

My first goal is 227lb, which will be the lowest weight I've been in 3-4 years, and also will be the lowest weight I've ever been since I gained all the initial weight in the first place.

I hope anyone reading this who is considering primal, just starts tomorrow. I contemplated and thought over things for months before even implementing small changes, which could've let to easy weightloss without even really trying. Honestly, you won't regret it, and it's not difficult. I'm a college student living in overdraft. Don't let excuses stand in the way of a better you, like I did for so many years
    Last edited by nixxy; 05-23-2012 at 10:19 PM.

adameads is offline Senior Member
    35 pounds looks like 60. Keep it up!

Great job nixxy!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    You're doing great, nixxy! You already look so much better and healthier! I'm so glad you found a way of eating and living that works for you.

klove14 is offline Junior Member
    Hello all,

I have been primal for about four months now. I began in January 2012, did the Whole30 program in March, and have been continuing on for the past two months. I started at around 175 lbs. and am now at my goal weight of 150 lbs. Because it happened in such a short time and with such ease, I am changing my goal weight to my high school weight of 135! Primal/Paleo has changed my entire life. I thought that I would be overweight forever. MDA helps me to stay on track, as do all of your success stories. Thanks to all and grok on!

008.jpg00080008.jpg

The first picture was taken in December 2011, right at the end of the school semester. I was around 175.

The second picture was taken two weeks ago at 149. Yay!

edearl is offline Junior Member
    First time poster, long time stalker of the progress pic thread. After 7 months I thought I should jump in. I'm a chronic cardio runner who never lost more than 2 lbs here, 3 lbs there. Never did any sprints prior to my primal shift. I now love sprinting. I still go on long runs, but no more than twice weekly. And now I almost always run in my Vibrams. My feet are becoming much stronger after years of cushy shoe atrophy. I love lifting heavy things, including myself Right now my faves are deadlifts and handstand pushups. Been IFing about 4 or 5 days weekly from supper to lunch the next day, about 16 to 18 hours. This is helping me burn fat while keeping muscle. INSULIN CURVE BABY! Green tea is my friend in the morning. BCAA's are my friend before I lift, which usually happens at lunch as my workplace has a fitness room onsite. My diet, if I'm being honest , is probably about 70/30. (I do love Taco Bell. Shhh.) I'm sure this is why my progress has been so metered, but it has been steady! I love coconut, olive, and bacon oils/grease. And of course beef, eggs, peppers, kale, blueberries, salmon, brazil nuts, walnuts, bacon, and AVOCADO! Mmmm...avocado... Sorry, I was distracted by a foodgasm.

Numbers--I've lost 15 lbs on the scale, but I am certain that I have lost more fat weight than that. My muscle mass and strength have increased greatly. Still have a ways to go, but hey! I've got a lifetime to get there. There's no turnin' back for me.

Peace in.

ComparisonPics.jpg

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    You're doing great, nixxy! You already look so much better and healthier! I'm so glad you found a way of eating and living that works for you.
    Ditto that!!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

mjiealafdaa is offline Junior Member
    MalPaz- You are soo gorgeous ! I admire your journey so far, and you have shown that anything is possible You are soo slender and built! Keep Grokin on woman!!!!

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    We look forward to seeing the pics after they are approved, Edearl!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.