Page 417 of 552 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 5518

Thread: Before and after pics page 417

PrimalJes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Here are my 30 days in before and after pics. The "before" are the ones in the pink bikini...

Pictures by primalJess - Photobucket

That's just a 7.2 lb. difference. I didn't think that I had changed too much, but I was in shock over the difference that I saw! I'll have more pics soon!

LSUhoneybadger is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJes View Post
    Here are my 30 days in before and after pics. The "before" are the ones in the pink bikini...

Pictures by primalJess - Photobucket

That's just a 7.2 lb. difference. I didn't think that I had changed too much, but I was in shock over the difference that I saw! I'll have more pics soon!
    definitely a shift from fat to muscle especially your back where the difference is quite clear.

You're on the right track, thats for sure. nice job.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic Jess! What a great difference!! Nice work!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Englishman in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJes View Post
    Englishman in OZ-Great work! I can see a big difference! My husband is similar to your before pics, and he's just 6 weeks in and starting to gain a bit of muscle. What did you do to gain 8 lbs.? We're trying to put some weight on hubby.
    Thanks Jess, you've got some pretty impressive results yourself.

In answer to your question...
    Quite simply, eat a lot. I found this really hard, as I'm pretty much stuffed on very little primal foods. I try to take 2 protein shakes each day in addition to my usual food intake. In these I put coconut cream, a banana, whey protein and some sort of nut butter (macadamia or almond usually), a splash of water and some ice. 2 of these add around 1200-1400 calories to the mix. I'm not worried about very low carbing at the moment, although I'm pretty strict Primal with the rest of my food so I probably only hit around 200g of carbs a day even with 2 bananas. You can replace the bananas and halve the nut butter by using half an avocado and some blueberries instead and the shake tastes good too, but I'd recommend the insulin spike of the banana post-workout for sure.
    I've probably gained a bit of fat as well, but I'm not bothered. I reckon I can lose that pretty quickly with adjustments when I've reached my ideal muscle size.

I put on around 5lbs in the first month, and then around 1lb per month for the next 3 months. This has corresponded with a decline in food intake as I've adjusted to feeling fuller on PB foods, but I also think around 1-2lbs of muscle per month is about right for hardgainers like me.

As for working out, I stick to the big compound moves (squat, deadlift, pull ups, chin ups, bench and overhead presses) 2-3 times a week, doing only 3 of these moves per workout on rotation. I walk lots and sprint infrequently (this is something I'm going to increase). Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more specific questions you may have.
    Last edited by Englishman in Oz; 05-08-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
    Meegads - your links don't lead me to any pictures. Not sure if it's the same for everyone but I can't see them.
    Argh, still trying to figure out this picture thing...I'll see if I can get it to work.

ETA: Hey, I see pics now! I think I got it!
    Last edited by Meegads; 05-08-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

PrimalJes is online now Senior Member
    Englishman in Oz-Thank you for the specifics on how you gained your muscle. Hubby (and I) have been doing squats, pull-ups, push-ups, and planks for the last 4 weeks. That's how hubby's gained his muscle so far (and eating primal). He just added a shake similar to yours, but without the whey protein. He wanted to make sure he like the taste of the shake before he spent $30-$40 on the protein powder. I'm sure we will get some of that soon, as I know it will help with his muscle growth. With all the fat in the shake, he's finally not hungry all the time eating primally. Anyway, thanks so much and I will definitely look to you with more questions in the future!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:167 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by momofredheads View Post
    here is some progress pics i thought i would share. I had lost 30lbs back in 2010 and posted before and afters then i got pregnant. So here i was again this was christmas 2011 i was 231 here and i am the one in red.

here i am at 204 and i would say i have another 40lbs to go.
    nice shrink!

JoAnn68 is offline Junior Member
    FastJane,

Your progress is amazing. How long did this take you. If I can ask, How tall are you? I love the swimsuit.

Jo

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Chatty!! I can't wait to post final pics...but I am a slow loser...at least it moves down!!
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Joda is offline Junior Member
    From the UK, now in Australia, soon to be Japan
    What an inspiring thread!

My boyfriend, Englishman In Oz, has convinced me to post some progress shots on here, which will hopefully be of some inspiration.

The weight loss has been pretty minimal, but am definitely noticing a difference in body composition, and overall I feel that I carry myself better, if that makes sense.

Am hoping to continue by losing more body fat and increasing strength and definition. Would be awesome to have biceps and a six-pack to show off one day

Jo-3-1.jpgJo-3-2.jpgJo-3-3.jpg