Page 406 of 552 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 5518

Thread: Before and after pics page 406

MissJenn is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Holy moly! You look fantastic! Those curves are beautiful Goosejuggler. I love my curves and that is one thing I'm afraid of losing when I get down to my goal BUT I think they will still be around no matter what.

So give us some deets! How long, start weight, ending weight, plan you are following, etc...

I can't wait to see more progress pics in the future.
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Here are a few before and afters of me. Eeep, bikinis!

Still a work in progress, as I've started lifting this week. I'll take another one in a month or so and see how i've gone
    Wow! Can you tell us the amount of time between pictures and your height/weights?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    The first was mid-Jan, and I was about 131/130 lbs.

The second was 17th March and I was 118.8lbs.

Thanks for all the nice replies, everyone needs a little ego boost sometimes!!
    I was a little worried about losing my hourglass too (I do love it), but something tells me it won't vanish overnight!

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Oh and my plan?

I was doing Turbofire before I found primal, and I continued it until about a month ago.

Now I've joined a gym, I'm doing NROLFW three times a week, along with riding my bike and some body balance for fun.

I'm still eating dairy, although I try and limit. Mostly it comes in the form of chocoloate (88% of course!) and mozzarella.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    @ MamaGrok: Really? Interesting. What is your protocol for ice packs? (how long/how often)

@ Primitiva: 5'9". Which is notable in and of itself because I used to be 5'8". Working on my posture through yoga and rolfing and stretching (which has helped fix a slight movement-scoliosis in my lower back) is probably the most important factor in that, but the strength training ive done because of primal and the diet heavy in fats and proteins (which is probably good for my spinal cartilage) has likely worked synergistically with all of that.

@ GooseJuggler: Daaaamn, lady! Super hot! xD
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    @ GooseJuggler: Daaaamn, lady! Super hot! xD
    I think the correct phrase here is 'takes one to know one' You both look awesome. Hopefully you feel as great as y'all look.
    Last edited by canio6; 04-04-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    @ MamaGrok: Really? Interesting. What is your protocol for ice packs? (how long/how often)
    I try to do it every day for 30m or as long as I can sit down. (Some people have found ways to use spanx to hold packs or cooling vests to move around; I'm doing it the lazy way.) (I also take ice cold baths, but eased into it - not hard at all now, and I actually crave them.) Cautions

- start with fabric between you & the pack
    - know that flexible packs (they have alcohol in them, which can dramatically reduce the temperature) can lead to cold damage much more easily
    - you want pink or bright red skin, never going white
    - if it feels weird or goes white, lay off for a few weeks till that spot's totally healed again. You've done the equivalent of a sunburn - you're not going to die, but you don't want to make a habit of it.

I usually start with fabric each session, then remove it as the skin goes red, checking color occasionally. I just started icing my thighs, too, can't wait for the results. More info here on staying safe, although Kruse is far from the only one promoting ice for fat loss: THE COLD THERMOGENESIS PROTOCOL - Jack Kruse
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member
    great job to all

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barefooter View Post
    Hi folks,

I had a bit of a rough PB evening (just a low, to be followed by a high to be followed by a low and so on) and so I came to the forum for some inspiration. I found this thread and since I found solace in it, I decided to contribute my own before and after photos for the next person who visits needing the same.

My before picture, from the early 2001.

I was right at 300 pounds at my heaviest, though these photos are probably around 270s. In 2003, I lost 110 pounds (exercising and counting calories with a SAD) and then dropped another 40 in 2007 (giving up refined sugar, but not carbs in general). Two and half months ago, I started PB and experienced a redistribution of weight. I am still 150 pounds, but my clothes fit as if I were 5-10 pounds lighter.

Official "after" picture, taken a couple years ago after eliminating refined sugars.

A couple weekends ago in the garden.

Trying to eat one of Mark's Nut Butter Bars last weekend while it's falling apart on me.

Last October before a push-up challenge called "Octoberchest."
    I ordered the books, supplements, etc. and decided to browse the forum as I wait for them.
    This before photo looks like me at high school graduation (guess who did not get invited to the prom).
    You're a great inspiration to me.

You look so strong and healthy -- exactly what I want.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Awesome arms, you look great!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat