Page 40 of 548 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140540 ... LastLast

Thread: Before and after pics page 40

Suse is offline Senior Member
    tooround the photos were too itsy bitsy for me to see properly but I got the idea. looking good.

Evita is offline Senior Member
    localad- nice! You look young and buff. How long have you been "primal" for?
    lecz0r- look at those bicepts! Keep it up

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    localad: flipping amazing! Good job! And you completely inspire me (at 34) that aging doesn't have to look bad. *clapping*
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    localad - WOW -- what a transformation!
    lecs0r - fantastic!

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    localad - wow! very impressive!
    lecz0r - you can definitely see you are getting leaner!

this board is always so inspiring!
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lecz0r View Post
    I've actually got biceps growing after years of muscles wasting away as a vegetarian! =D
    I just have to comment on this too...seriously - I lifted heavy for 2 years straight on high grain low fat diet and didnt grow ANY muscle..I thought I was totally alone on this...3 months of primal and I am finally after 2 years able to move up in my weights (not only did my muscle not look stronger, I also was NEVER able to move up in my weights that whole time as well) and see a slight change..its pretty incredible 2 years vs. 3 months! Isnt it awesome?
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    localad, lecz0r - way to go! Impressive and stunning results. Grok on!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
    I just have to comment on this too...seriously - I lifted heavy for 2 years straight on high grain low fat diet and didnt grow ANY muscle..I thought I was totally alone on this...3 months of primal and I am finally after 2 years able to move up in my weights (not only did my muscle not look stronger, I also was NEVER able to move up in my weights that whole time as well) and see a slight change..its pretty incredible 2 years vs. 3 months! Isnt it awesome?
    +1 i lifted 3 times a week as a vegetarian for 3 years and gained no strength or muscle Now,ating prmally and lifting once or twice a week the difference is amazing.

lecz0r is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    +1 i lifted 3 times a week as a vegetarian for 3 years and gained no strength or muscle Now,ating prmally and lifting once or twice a week the difference is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
    Absolutely. I had gone through phases during my vegetarianism when I would really hit the gym, amped up about getting some muscle. It basically failed all around, if I did seem to make a gain, in a couple days the muscle growth would be gone. While eating Primal, well you can see in the pics. I'm getting defined muscle when not flexing, they're sticking around! Totally new to me.
    Also, I've yet to actually go to the gym since being primal. All my gains have been made in my garage doing pushups, pullups, bent over rows and front squats with a 75lb curl bar. I actually really want to go to the gym and do some Olympic style lifting with more weight, but I'm pretty intimidated by anything that doesn't come with a machine and instructions. I've never done free weights to that degree and in front of folks, I think I might need some coaching to do stuff right. I'm reading Starting Strength, maybe that will help. Also considering CrossFit but I'm not sure I want the metabolic work, just strength really. Any suggestions?

MollyCat is offline Member
    I have been living primal for about 2 months now. Prior to that I followed a low carb diet but included grains and processed foods. Since going primal I sleep like a rock, have a ton of energy and can honestly say I have never felt better. I had stalled on my weight loss and was working out in bootcamp style classes but seeing no results. This past week I know Im losing again because people are noticing and making comments to me about looking good and I even was told Im getting skinny (music to my ears). I have attached a photo of me at my heaviest and one of me this past weekend. Still a ways to go but when I remind myself how far Ive come this is very achievable.
    Attached Images Attached Images