Page 378 of 552 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 5518

Thread: Before and after pics page 378

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by adameads View Post
    What do you think, MDA? I have to say I'm incredibly pleased with how I feel. There's still a ton of soft stuff there to lose, but I notice small things...my wedding ring is looser. My 36 jeans fit again. I'm sleeping better, except for my rhinitis. I'm spending more time in the kitchen and around the dinner table with my family. I don't crash like I used to in the afternoon. I'm more confident and feel more in control of my thoughts/feelings/emotions, etc.
    Dude, if I had read what you wrote before I started this little journey, it would've been prescient! As soon as I got married, I realized that I had swelling and inflammation in my hands. I'd had pain there for a while before that. Occasional hypoglycemia since I was a child, and now I know EXACTLY WHY! I don't remember a time when I felt this mentally or physically sharp. Great work, brother! I love this damn crowd!
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

mikeyboyeee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane Grok View Post
    i got to say, cheapo is still one of my hero's on here!
    Yep, Cheapo is the man!!!!

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Hi, remember me? It's been just over a month so I thought I would update the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by mommymd View Post
    Thanks to all of you who have posted before with your pictures. I hope others get the same inspiration from mine as I did from yours.

I took some pictures last summer, when I had been working out with a trainer for 10 months, and GAINED 10 lbs. CW diet to blame:

Before, July 27, 2011 (F) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

Before, July 27, 2011 (L) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

In September I decided that I couldn't just work out, that I had to control what I was eating. I started back with Sparkpeople (I had lost 32 lbs tracking a low fat diet before) and was better about quantities of food, but was still eating carbs. A colleague of mine has been doing Paleo for about a year, and encouraged me gently to give it a go. I went to Chicago on business, and there greatly reduced my carbs. When I came back, my trainer saw a difference immediately. I hit the internet and found a link to the Ancestral Health Symposium, and Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt -LCHF and started eating that way. More videos from AHS and I saw Mark Sisson. Made my way over here, bought the book. I had been lifting heavy things with my trainer for over a year. Once I cut the grains and upped my fat, my shape started changing quickly.

I'm still a work in progress:

During, January 18, 2012 3 months primal (F) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

During, January 18, 2012 3 months primal (L) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

I just turned 40, married, 2 boys, work full time. I've taken up sewing recently, and the skirt that I made to measure is way too big by the time I got it hemmed.

The best thing for me about this WOE is that I don't measure my food or calculate my calories, eat when I'm hungry and never get out of control hunger. I didn't believe it was possible for me.
    If anyone has seen my journal, you will know that over the last week I slipped off the side of the wagon and was dragged through a pile of wheat and sugar. Here is where I have gotten to:

4.3 mos primal front closeup by Mommymd55, on Flickr

4.3 mos primal side by Mommymd55, on Flickr

Slow and steady? I see progress in my shoulder on the side shot.

mommymd

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    I have been asked a few times for some full body pictures since I posted my 120+ pound weight loss pictures and Primal couple at Christmas photos but I have never really goten around to it.

Tonight I found an awesome bacon t-shirt at Target and thought to heck with it, might as well bug my wife to take a couple shots.

For reference I put some late 2010 pictures in. I was around 340 pounds, in 5 months I lost 100 pounds and over the last 13 months I am down about 130 ish. On the scale I am still around 220 but have been weight lifting a lot. As long as the size 36 jeans stay baggy I am happy. I would like to drop some more but I am taking it nice and slow now.

So without further ado I present me, 20 minutes ago, after a long day at work and then with the 3 small kids and pregnant wife, after big dinner, and shot with an Iphone (not exactly glamour shots). I had to flex btw, I am after all wearing a bacon shirt!

smaller.jpgsmaller1.jpg
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

Englishman in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Mommymd, that is an awesome job! I see progress in all areas. You are an inspiration and should be proud of what you've done. This is the first time I've viewed this thread and can see it's gonna be a favourite from now on. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

hixster is offline Member
    Mommymd, you are on fire. Great work.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
    Mommymd, that is an awesome job! I see progress in all areas. You are an inspiration and should be proud of what you've done. This is the first time I've viewed this thread and can see it's gonna be a favourite from now on. Good luck with the rest of your journey.
    So true. MommyMD you look great! I see a dramatic change in your stomach, arms, and face. Congrats!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    I'm the FNG, and this would be my first post.... everybody say "hi noooob!". I spent some time looking through the thread and found a lot more motivation!

I never cared or concerned myself with what I ate. "What the hell is a diet!" I happened to hear Mark giving an interveiw and went to check out MDA..... That was 8 weeks ago almost to the day.

The first photo (my wife and I) was taken in 2008, but it's a fair representation of what I looked like 2 months ago. She's actually hiding my handles and lower belly fat. Walk around weight back then was probably 205 lbs to 210 lbs (my average for the last 7 or 8 years). 2 months ago, when I started PB, I was 220 lbs with more muscle in the chest than the old picture, but even more belly and handle fat.

The second photo I just took (inspired by some of your success stories). Obviously I'm still a work in progress but my change has been dramatic. This isn't the first time i've looked similar to what I look like now, but that was over a year when I hit the gym 6 days a week, over trained, over sprained, carb and supplement loaded and still carried around over 210 lbs. This took 8 weeks, I weight 191 lbs, and I haven't felt this good in over a decade. In case anybody didn't catch that, I lost 29 lbs in 8 weeks!

Attachment 5799Attachment 5800
    Nice progress! Congratulations - you look really great
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Adameads - really impressive results! It looks like a lot more than 18 lbs lost to me

Primal King is offline Junior Member
    mommymd, you look much younger. Great progress!
    You know where You are? You're in the jungle baby!!! You're gonna die!!!