Page 368 of 547 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 5470

Thread: Before and after pics page 368

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    How many rib cages do you have?
    It's just sound policy to have a spare rib [cage].
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmmmm.... Spare ribs....
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

mikeyboyeee is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, I am new

Just picked up mark's book yesterday, but haven't read just yet. I am fairly familiar with Paleo and have been eating relatively low carb/carb free for a yr or 2. I am a month shy of 40yrs old. 5'6" currently around 220lbs. At my heaviest 2.5 yrs ago I was about 280 with a 46" waist. I am currently around 35" waist and BF scale at gym puts me around 20%. Goal is <10%. Should put me around 190lbs and 31" waist.

former bodybuilder in my youth so have been back to gym hardcore for better part of 2yrs.

So, no after pics just yet, but here is one from Sept of 2011 and the other from Prob around Oct/Nov. I would say I am probably 5lbs more muscle now and 5lbs leaner. NOT quite lean enough. I feel with my genetics and insulin resistance problem (big in my family but no one wants to listen to me), paleo is the way to go. I play on doing pretty much paleo with leangains IF and have started that this week.
    As you can see I carry A LOT of muscle, but leaning out has always been a problem for me. More so now that I am older.

A lot of you have made incredible progress in short periods of time I and I am hoping to emulate you and contribute as much as I can.

So, hello to all and please excuse my attire. 1st pic was an impromptu.

Last edited by mikeyboyeee; 02-02-2012 at 12:16 PM.

hixster is offline Member
    Wow, mikeyboyeee you have a great base to build on, good luck.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, Mikey. You already look like a brick shit-house! In a few weeks/months, you'll truly be a tank. . . .wrapped in flesh.

Looking forward to seeing your follow-up pictures!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Thanks.
    I was always big, but has never been easy former to be lean.
    I will dig up a real before pic from when I was at my heaviest.

Looking fwd to living a more Paleo lifestyle and getting that last 30lbs off.

I have seen a lot of inspiring stuff in this thread.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    A work in progress. One month, 30lbs, and feeling great. The top two are from a month ago.
    100_0772..jpg
    100_0773..jpg
    100_0775..jpg
    100_0776..jpg

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Seriously, Mikey. You already look like a brick shit-house! In a few weeks/months, you'll truly be a tank. . . .wrapped in flesh.

Looking forward to seeing your follow-up pictures!
    Damn straight! Some serious iron's been pumped there
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Thank you. I have Put some time into to gym. Now I want my 6 pack back

And now here is a pic of me from Oct of 2009 just before I got back to gym and started to eat clean (far less carbs).

I am really hoping to be 80% primal soon and thinking that should help me shed the 30 to get to under 10% bf. It better

Still need to get rid of that distended bloated abdomen look. Still have it but not to the degree in this pic obviously when I was probably 275lbs.
    Last edited by mikeyboyeee; 02-03-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbaker6212 View Post
    No, no. Not complaining. I think the Big-5 HIT routine works amazingly well (at least for me) considering the time investment. I was hoping I'd gain a bit more muscle size though this routine I think gives more gradual results. I'm just impatient for results. Gotta change that mindset. I'm probably close to my genetic potential anyway , so any progress will likely be gradual. Anyway, I have lots more time for outdoor play and less boring time in the gym. ;-)

One thing about the Big-5 and HIT in general. What you gain in time savings, you pay for in pain, if you do it correctly. The muscle burn is very intense , so this routine may not be for everyone.
    30mn in the gym 1x per week is no where near enough for a moderately trained person to gain muscle. I don't care what the book says
    Maybe good for a person with no training for about 6 months or so.