Page 367 of 553 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 5521

Thread: Before and after pics page 367

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymd View Post
    Thanks to all of you who have posted before with your pictures. I hope others get the same inspiration from mine as I did from yours.

I took some pictures last summer, when I had been working out with a trainer for 10 months, and GAINED 10 lbs. CW diet to blame:

Before, July 27, 2011 (F) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

Before, July 27, 2011 (L) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

In September I decided that I couldn't just work out, that I had to control what I was eating. I started back with Sparkpeople (I had lost 32 lbs tracking a low fat diet before) and was better about quantities of food, but was still eating carbs. A colleague of mine has been doing Paleo for about a year, and encouraged me gently to give it a go. I went to Chicago on business, and there greatly reduced my carbs. When I came back, my trainer saw a difference immediately. I hit the internet and found a link to the Ancestral Health Symposium, and Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt -LCHF and started eating that way. More videos from AHS and I saw Mark Sisson. Made my way over here, bought the book. I had been lifting heavy things with my trainer for over a year. Once I cut the grains and upped my fat, my shape started changing quickly.

I'm still a work in progress:

During, January 18, 2012 3 months primal (F) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

During, January 18, 2012 3 months primal (L) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

I just turned 40, married, 2 boys, work full time. I've taken up sewing recently, and the skirt that I made to measure is way too big by the time I got it hemmed.

The best thing for me about this WOE is that I don't measure my food or calculate my calories, eat when I'm hungry and never get out of control hunger. I didn't believe it was possible for me.
    OMG. I was scanning through this thread to see all the brave souls who posted pictures. Then I was like, oh a mother-daughter duo is posting pictures. Cute. Then I looked back and forth...and realized it was the same person! The difference is amazing! Glowing skin, smile, you look 20 years younger! You made my jaw drop! Look at you!

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    oh my goodness mommymd! you look quite a bit younger!i would put you at 25-30 in that last pic!

bigga what- put the damn toilet seat down! you're looking great!

bensonelposman- i can see a difference. it's subtle but it's there, especially around your face. remember that your endocrine system has to get back into balance before you start seeing big changes. keep up the good work, and you'll get there!
    Last edited by Saoirse; 01-30-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    I have it too!
    Yay! Wow I thought I was the only one ;D
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

I just posted a blog post about my weight loss journey. It gives details into my life prior to and following my gastric bypass as well as how I'm handling being primal post-op. I've also included pics in the post. Come check it out my fellow groks and grokettes. It's a pretty personal post for me.

Aaron
    Follow my blog where I discuss Primal Life post Gastric Bypass surgery and Barefoot/Minimalist running.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Your post made me smile Puff! From one barefoot primal newbie to another- Nice job!!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

kkarrolle is offline Senior Member
    Puffin, great blog post and a wonderful transformation so far!
    Achieving goals takes a backbone not a wishbone

Puffin: Good work... take a look at my thread I started on "share something you've learned" there is a wealth of good information, and maybe you can contribute and inspire someone else.

Melvin753 is offline Junior Member
    Well then, congrats to you!!!

BensonElPosman is offline Junior Member
    Mommymd that is a massive improvement, your looking good.

I am happy because I was saying before the scales haven't moved, but a couple of days ago I got on and have lost 5kg.

-Ben

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adameads View Post
    one of my rib cages sticks out more, as well.
    How many rib cages do you have?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!