Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

hixster is offline Member
    Awesome work Shanster. Big difference.

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    WOW Shanster!!! Your legs/butt have really firmed up!! Keep at it

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    That's VERY noticeable and great improvement over a very short time! Awesome.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanster View Post
    Wasn't gonna post pix but decided - I should. You guys are all so brave.

41, 5'8ish (I may be taller in my mind than in reality) - heaviest weight was 193. Did some weight watchers... dropped to 183. Some friends were doing paleo - I didn't understand it but tried to eat more whole foods - did a lot of Cooking Light recipies and ate better but still ate pasta, bread etc. I dropped another 10lbs to 173. Figured this is what middle age was and I would just be this way - 173 and a size 14 from here on out.

Decided to try primal (fully out of spite to my friends and thinking no way would I live without grain) and bought a book to really "get" what I was trying to do and to do it correctly vs. trying to guess.

Started primal October 1, 2011.

Felt a lot better and slept through the night. This was enough - the focus on how I felt and feeling good.

Then I lost some weight. My low weight - weighed this week - was 159.5 but I've been stuck at 160 for a while. I probably need to clean up some eating (too much dairy and too much red wine probably) Decided I didn't care and would focus on some strength for now. Dial things in a bit later - I really like my dairy and wine.

All my size 14 pants/skirts are super big - can't wear them. Took them to a consignment shop. I can still get by at work in my size 12 pants/skirts - however they are safety pinned at the waist because they are too big. I think I might be fitting into 9s if not now, shortly. I just don't have the $$ to buy new pants/skirts right now and I haven't gone shopping cuz I'd be too tempted to buy - and what if 9s are tight? Will make do with safety pins and size 12 for now.

I took pix the first of November - 30 days after being primal and before I began strength training according to the primal e-book.
    I took pix just a couple weeks ago in January 2012 - 60 days of strength/sprint training.

It's motivating to see that I have made improvements but it's disheartening to see yourself and you never look as good as you think you do! And I have wierd ribs - something about a concave or convex sternum... always have had it. I see I still have a way to go before I am buff by any means. It's a journey and isn't gonna happen overnight.

I ordered Convict Conditioning and started the big six movements last week. Figure it's similar to Mark's ebook with pix and maybe some more incremental exercises. I can't wait until I really have some muscle definition.... I worry I'm stuck and won't keep making noticable differences in my frame. However, I started writing things down so I can see rep and movement difficulty as I move up the scale to master the big six.

I'm so glad everyone is so supportive. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you - Shanster
    Dude I know what you mean, the bottom of my rib age is uneven. There's a weird sort of lump that sticks out more on my left side than my right. I'd always suspected something weird was going on there, but I though it was uneven fat padding. Now the fat is almost gone and the unevenness is just more visible so it must be bone or cartilage x/
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Primal King is offline Junior Member
    Great job!
    You know where You are? You're in the jungle baby!!! You're gonna die!!!

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    I've got the same sort of thing with an asymmetrical rib cage. It's like one side you can see the individual ribs and the muscles attaching, and the other is a blob. I wonder how common that is?

Maybe we need a support group.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloCity.X View Post
    I've got the same sort of thing with an asymmetrical rib cage. It's like one side you can see the individual ribs and the muscles attaching, and the other is a blob. I wonder how common that is?

I have it too!

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloCity.X View Post

I have it too!

adameads is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    one of my rib cages sticks out more, as well.