Page 361 of 552 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 5518

Thread: Before and after pics page 361

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Debbah, it's too bad we don't have a whole body shot, bc the head shot is great! Your features are so much more clearly defined! How are you feeling?
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Okay - I took the better part of a week to go all the way through this thread. Thank you to everyone who has posted on it. It makes it easier to stay on track when it seems like things are not going the way you want when you can look at results like the ones posted here.

MommyMD - your progress is amazing!

Debbah - astonishing results so far, you should be so very proud of yourself!

Debbah is offline Junior Member

There we go. The first one is from a wedding before I was pregnant, and the second one is from October. I've lost about 20 lbs since then.

I'm feeling great, MamaGrok! I'm on day 18 of a whole30, and I feel like dropping dairy has given me more energy. My dentist was much happier with my gums at my last appointment, too.
    Starting Weight - 280 (4/23/11)
    Current Weight - 202 (3/1/12)

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Fabulous! Wow wow wow!!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Gosh, thanks everyone for your kind and flattering words! I'm sure none of us see ourselves as others see us, and having such a positive reaction felt great.

I am an MD, specialty is anesthesiology. Other than telling patients not to eat before an operation, nutrition is out of my realm of practice. I did direct one patient in the preop clinic to Eenfeldt's site, after he was saying that he kept gaining weight in spite of all sorts of diets. I could tell more people, but I have to admit, I am afraid of having someone report me to the regulatory bodies. Wimpy, I know, but I'm thinking of the time and effort and risk I would put myself and family in by having a college complaint and investigation (thinking about Dalquist in Sweden) My own family doctor thinks I'm jeopardizing my health eating this way as do all my friends who are family medicine docs. The colleague that put me onto this is another anesthesiologist.

lookatreestar is offline Junior Member
    wow mommymd, i can't believe how much younger you look!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbah View Post
    I couldn't find any comparable body shots, so here's a head shot. The first is from February 2011, a couple months before going primal. The second is from December 2011.
    I had no idea party hats were so slimming! Awesome progress
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lookatreestar View Post
    wow mommymd, i can't believe how much younger you look!
    ^This. Looking awesome. More importantly I bet you feel great.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymd View Post
    Gosh, thanks everyone for your kind and flattering words! I'm sure none of us see ourselves as others see us, and having such a positive reaction felt great.

I am an MD, specialty is anesthesiology. Other than telling patients not to eat before an operation, nutrition is out of my realm of practice. I did direct one patient in the preop clinic to Eenfeldt's site, after he was saying that he kept gaining weight in spite of all sorts of diets. I could tell more people, but I have to admit, I am afraid of having someone report me to the regulatory bodies. Wimpy, I know, but I'm thinking of the time and effort and risk I would put myself and family in by having a college complaint and investigation (thinking about Dalquist in Sweden) My own family doctor thinks I'm jeopardizing my health eating this way as do all my friends who are family medicine docs. The colleague that put me onto this is another anesthesiologist.
    I hear ya! I'm an RD with the same concerns. I work in gerentology, so I'm not expected to spout CW everday as part of my job, but I have the same concerns nonetheless. I wish I could stick some of my uncontrolled diabetics or overweight-thanks-to-meds residents on Primal eating, but the home menu is Canada's Food Guide all the way, and it's really hard to put someone on low carb in the institutional setting.

Not that I think this WOE is going to save the world, but I wish I could feel better about recommending it. Slowly, the literature is catching up with the antecdotal evidence.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
    I think I screwed up the links.....hope this works

BAM.

Go primal, get bear chested.

Nice work man.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"