Page 357 of 553 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 357

livinthedream is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah...figured it out. I logged out and checked, only to see that the pictures are awaiting approval. So, I put them on Photobucket and included the links as well. I suspect they will eventually they will show up embedded.

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    Wow livinthedream, huge huge difference! Great work

livinthedream is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by likwidoxigen View Post
    Wow livinthedream, huge huge difference! Great work
    Thank you!

I haven't felt this good in years. When I first got to Colorado on vacation (I normally live at about 800 MSL, so I wasn't acclimated to the alititude), I had the need to run up two flights of stairs. I took them two at a time and wasn't even winded! Six months ago, I would have had a racing heart and have been out of breath if I had only walked them! That says a LOT about both the weight loss and the sprints Mark advises.

bulldwgs is offline Junior Member
    I started the PB and doing the gym about 3 days a week since Dec 31 2011 and am seeing weight loss results. So far 16 days in I have lost about 15 pounds. I have noticed that I have alot more energy during the day and fall asleep easy and get up earlier then before with ease. My clothes still seem to fit the same?

I do have some questions, it appears that most of the folks on this site that have gotten great results are doing P90x or Crossfit. A guy at work started P90x about 4 months ago in second round and is seeing great results while still eating a SAD. My son is doing Crossfit the last year while eating SAD and has had great gains. Is it just the 60+ minute workouts 5 plus days a week and eating anything that works?

Who on this site isn't doing P90x or Crossfit and doing the gym only 3 days a week or so and really dropping and toning up? The reason I ask is I see Mark at the end of the P90x tapes pushing a recovery drink that I have tried and taste GREAT but is far from anything primal. Also if you look at the p90x diet it is not even close to primal it is on the other end following CW but they have wild crazy results 100's of them.

I am doing PB and want to see some really great results and I want to know is it the heavy workouts and new attention to exercise that is working for you or the new diet?

Have a great day.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Look for the SimpleFit thread. Exercise can be super simple and super rare. Me personally, I've lost over 40lb with almost no exercise at all. It's at least 80% diet, IIRC what I've heard Mark say.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldwgs View Post
    I started the PB and doing the gym about 3 days a week since Dec 31 2011 and am seeing weight loss results. So far 16 days in I have lost about 15 pounds. I have noticed that I have alot more energy during the day and fall asleep easy and get up earlier then before with ease. My clothes still seem to fit the same?

I do have some questions, it appears that most of the folks on this site that have gotten great results are doing P90x or Crossfit. A guy at work started P90x about 4 months ago in second round and is seeing great results while still eating a SAD. My son is doing Crossfit the last year while eating SAD and has had great gains. Is it just the 60+ minute workouts 5 plus days a week and eating anything that works?

Who on this site isn't doing P90x or Crossfit and doing the gym only 3 days a week or so and really dropping and toning up? The reason I ask is I see Mark at the end of the P90x tapes pushing a recovery drink that I have tried and taste GREAT but is far from anything primal. Also if you look at the p90x diet it is not even close to primal it is on the other end following CW but they have wild crazy results 100's of them.

I am doing PB and want to see some really great results and I want to know is it the heavy workouts and new attention to exercise that is working for you or the new diet?

Have a great day.
    A couple of things:

Diet is more important than exercise for body comp.

I think most people should do Crossfit 3x/wk, no more, at least to start off, if they are going to do it.

Most people on here would probably say I overdo lifting, and if I spend more than 3hours/wk in workouts, it's because I stopped to do something else between sets(I work at a gym). I could easily whittle it down to 2hours/wk over three days, and maybe to 90min/wk if I really wanted to.

Mark's disavowed that drink.

P90x will work, but doing it back to back(it's only meant to be done for 90 days) will eventually cause overuse injuries if you aren't genetically gifted. I'm working with a guy now who trashed his body with P90x.

You can be lean, even crazy lean without primal, just not optimally healthy.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    P90x will work, but doing it back to back(it's only meant to be done for 90 days) will eventually cause overuse injuries if you aren't genetically gifted. I'm working with a guy now who trashed his body with P90x.
    Agreed! I don't ever want to see any of you guys in my office with repetitive use injuries in my therapy office .
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    A couple of things:

Diet is more important than exercise for body comp.

I think most people should do Crossfit 3x/wk, no more, at least to start off, if they are going to do it.
    I totally agree. People see better results this way-not to mention the fact that your body SERIOUSLY needs rest! I do 3x/week in CrossFit and that is just enough. When I go to an OLY class I make sure to take a REAL break between my sets and i find the results are better that way.

I will soon be receiving a package with 2 months worth of PRimal Fuel... I look forward to seeing how it works with my body-I am trying to stay nearly 100% Primal at all times.

Thanks for your guys's feedback!
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    wow, livinthedream. you started off looking like a 'nice' guy and now you're looking tough haha
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Uppy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK, here they are...pics from October and January for comparison. Not huge differences, but differences nonetheless. I suppose I'll try to do quarterly updates...April should be good - got back into 36x36 jeans for the first time in many years this past week.

October 1: First day of primal...305lbs...at 6'7" I'm quite functional despite being that heavy. Just kinda wish I had a longer torso and shorter legs!

January 5: Three months in and survived the holidays with minimal damage. Sitting at 285, and around 27%BF.