Page 356 of 552 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 5518

Thread: Before and after pics page 356

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your little wheat belly is gone!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Do you use the slang term 'fugly' ('efing+ugly') in the UK? Your user name made me laugh once I scrolled down and saw what a good-looking guy you are. With apologies if Fuglington is your real name - it's late on this side of the Pond and I'm easily amused when tired.

Anyhow - Great progress! I don't often comment on this thread but read it regularly because it's so uplifting.

badly_dubbed is offline Senior Member
    well i got a little xmas bloat (all the roasts!) and haggis just isnt primal nowadays! heres what 12 days can do:

Doing Sarting Strength (3x5) 3times weekly, long walks (fasted) and hill sprinting 1-2 times weekly

Jan 1 2012 (after xmas carb feeds!)

Jan 12 2012 (crap picture) still now signs of them lower abs though!!:scared:

retained water deffo gone (which i expected) and weight down from 82kg to 77kg

deffo think theres fat loss there...but no way of telling bar mirror

decent results all the same in 12 days I think
    "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badly_dubbed View Post
    well i got a little xmas bloat (all the roasts!) and haggis just isnt primal nowadays! heres what 12 days can do:

Doing Sarting Strength (3x5) 3times weekly, long walks (fasted) and hill sprinting 1-2 times weekly

Jan 1 2012 (after xmas carb feeds!)

Jan 12 2012 (crap picture) still now signs of them lower abs though!!:scared:

retained water deffo gone (which i expected) and weight down from 82kg to 77kg

deffo think theres fat loss there...but no way of telling bar mirror

decent results all the same in 12 days I think
    Looking good! You can tell there is less bloating all over!

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Well I guess I should put up some pics now...

The first two was me a 330 lbs after I already lost 10 lbs and are from June 18
    The second two were me this morning at a clean 280lbs.

also for the record I am 6'7" tall

Cheers

livinthedream is offline Junior Member

Primal For Life!!

I am 52 years old and have been steadily picking up the pounds over the years. It doesn't help that I have a very sedentary job. However, after a miserable vacation on the lake last July where I couldn't even slalom ski because of my weight and poor condition, I decided to do something about it. I don't know how I came upon Robb Wolf's book, but that was what started it all. Then I heard Mark Sisson on Wolf's podcast and have been hooked on MDA as well as all of his books. I am not 100% primal, but am pretty close. I have recently started exercising as well, following Mark's precepts. As I write this, I am finishing up three weeks of skiing in Colorado. Just having done weekly sprints for the three weeks leading up to my trip (plus the weight loss) has done amazing things for my endurance and skills on the mountain (48th season of skiing). I had one opportunity to try the "12-minute" exercise routine Mark featured on his blog in December and it ROCKED. I look forward to doing that regularly when I get home.

The "Before" picture is last June and I don't know what my weight was. I started Paleo/Primal eating at the beginning of August. The "During" picture is early October with a loss of around 30 pounds. It is now mid-January and I am down 40. My goal is high school weight. I can't believe how much energy I have and how much better I feel!

As I wait for the embedded pictures to be approved, here are external links to the same pictures:

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/...am4/Before.jpg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/...am4/During.jpg

Before..jpg

During..jpg
    Last edited by livinthedream; 01-16-2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Added external links for the pictures

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Livin the dream try uploading to photobucket or picasa and posting the direct link and then the photos show up straight away
    Glockin Grok way to go!

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    This is kind of belated, but I didn't realize I actually HAD before/after photos, lol. This is from last year. The first pic is from the week before I went primal; the second one is almost a month in. There is only a 6.6lb difference in weight between the two pics but HOLY COW where did my grumbly, bloated wheat belleh go??

(link if it doesn't display right: clicky)

Unfortunately, a few days after that last photo is when things started to go downhill in my personal life, and I ditched primal for November and December. :P But, it's really motivating knowing that I'm already 14 days into a new cycle, so it's only a matter of time before I exceed that "after" photo.

Also, I think it's hilarious that I look so grumpy in the first one, haha. I must have been really hatin' on myself that day to take that pic.
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevdw View Post
    This is kind of belated, but I didn't realize I actually HAD before/after photos, lol. This is from last year. The first pic is from the week before I went primal; the second one is almost a month in. There is only a 6.6lb difference in weight between the two pics but HOLY COW where did my grumbly, bloated wheat belleh go??
    Snip.

Unfortunately, a few days after that last photo is when things started to go downhill in my personal life, and I ditched primal for November and December. :P But, it's really motivating knowing that I'm already 14 days into a new cycle, so it's only a matter of time before I exceed that "after" photo.

Also, I think it's hilarious that I look so grumpy in the first one, haha. I must have been really hatin' on myself that day to take that pic.
    Wow great
    Did you drop dairy too?

datto54 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevdw View Post

awesome work!!! your gonna smash that last after photo - but what a huge difference!!!