Page 343 of 548 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 5480

Thread: Before and after pics page 343

MadelynMc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm finally ready to post my before and afters! Please pardon the bathroom pics.

I started in April 2011 and have lost 35 pounds and gone from a size 14 to 8. I've pretty much slowed down and my goal is to work on gaining/defining a little muscle.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    W00t! W00t! Way to go, Mad!! I need to dig out my bikini and take some progress pics myself...

bbaker6212 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaker6212 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaker6212 View Post
    [as of August 13, 2011] It's about time for an update. My best attempt at a shirtless James bond. ;-)
    About 4 months being Primal now, and about 1 month back at the gym 3 days a week after a year off. Previously I had been doing only bar work on the beach - pullups, pushups, dips, ect. I would like continue my sprint-walks two days a week but have only been able to do it sporadically right now due to nursing an injured achilles tendon I hurt the first day I ran on my new barefoot/minimal running shoes. Learn from my mistake and take it easy and let your feet get used to things the first couple weeks if you go minimal. My weight today is 170 lbs (5'10"), not unexpected as my goal was to add muscle and I've been eating like a pig - of course still low-carb. Full disclosure... the overhead light is exaggerating things via shadows... but hey, I'll take it. I can use the motivation by way of progress even if exaggerated ;-)

Oh!... I did finally find a before picture. This was about 1 year ago when I was full-on eating high carb and not exercising much (If I remember correctly). I also was not getting much sun, obviously. I wasn't very over-weight for sure, but soft and higher body fat (BMI?) in comparison to my leaner, primal self now.

Update - Jan 2, 2012. Two months ago, I switched to the Big-5 High Intensity Training (HIT) lifting routine as outlined by Dr. Doug McGuff in the book "Body by Science" (as well as others like Drew Baye). It's only 30 minutes once per week total gym time. Gaining muscle size has been challenging. I've been eating like a horse, and only lifting once per week and doing *no* cardio, not even sprints (no ab exercises either). My weight is still around 172 lbs - about the same as it's been for over 6 months.

Last edited by bbaker6212; 01-05-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    ...are you actually complaining about the above results??? :-O

bbaker6212 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    ...are you actually complaining about the above results??? :-O
    No, no. Not complaining. I think the Big-5 HIT routine works amazingly well (at least for me) considering the time investment. I was hoping I'd gain a bit more muscle size though this routine I think gives more gradual results. I'm just impatient for results. Gotta change that mindset. I'm probably close to my genetic potential anyway , so any progress will likely be gradual. Anyway, I have lots more time for outdoor play and less boring time in the gym. ;-)

One thing about the Big-5 and HIT in general. What you gain in time savings, you pay for in pain, if you do it correctly. The muscle burn is very intense , so this routine may not be for everyone.

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloCity.X View Post
    Well, I've said elsewhere that I was going to post an update quarterly to this page. Kind of as a way to keep myself in check.

The mustache STAYS!

joan is offline Senior Member
    nice! clearly THAT plan is working out for you, baker! you look like you'd hurt me if you gave me a pat on the back. also, can i please have your abs?

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    I'm finally ready to post my before and afters! Please pardon the bathroom pics.

I started in April 2011 and have lost 35 pounds and gone from a size 14 to 8. I've pretty much slowed down and my goal is to work on gaining/defining a little muscle.

You look great! What a change and an inspiration! Good work, Madelyn!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    MadelynMc -- Just awesome! Look at those upper arms. Maybe it's the lighting in the last pic but you've got serious definition coming in. I know several women who would envy your progress.

bbaker6212 -- Holy crap! Your bicep peaks are insane! Would love to see you hit some more poses. I suspect you are not near your genetic potential even now. Lats and delts probably have room to grow. I mean, you've only been primal what, 9 months? Let's see what you've got after a couple of years! I am tempted to steal your routine but I can't imagine lifting only one day a week. I am hopelessly addicted to LHT.

VeloCity.X -- I just realized who you remind me of. In your before pics, you look like an office worker. Now you look like Lord Kitchener. Powerful!

Gavnm is offline Junior Member
    VeloCity.X -- I just realized who you remind me of. In your before pics, you look like an office worker. Now you look like Lord Kitchener. Powerful![/QUOTE]

Perhaps Mark could sign VelocityX up for an advertising campaign.. Primal Blueprint Needs You!!!