Page 342 of 554 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 5531

Thread: Before and after pics page 342

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Keep the stache!

yelena is offline Member
    VeloCity, that 'stache is amazing. Keep it. It has *character*, and one shouldn't underestimate that. And I say this as a woman.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloCity.X View Post
    Well, I've said elsewhere that I was going to post an update quarterly to this page. Kind of as a way to keep myself in check.

So, here it is, despite being in pretty much a stall or plateau for the last 4 months. But in that time work and other stress has kicked up while exercise has unfortunately needed to back down some. And through December I've been I'm sure closer to 50/50 than 80/20. But, new years are for new beginnings, and I would say even staying level is an accomplishment.

On my journal where I post monthly updates I usually include a vanity pic - right after work out, flexing, that sort of thing. A week ago an artist friend was in town. He's a print maker and was looking for some images to use as models for some bare-knuckles boxing/Victorian strongman ideas he's been messing with. So I threw on a pair of cycling bib shorts (closest to old-fashioned swim wear I have - he will manipulate the imate) and below is a sample.

Which leads me to a.... somewhat philosophical comment followed by an extremely vain question:

So I've had a couple of difficult years with a lot of personal issues including the breakup of my marriage, but I am actively dealing and am getting better. Taking better care of myself and following the Primal Blueprint has been a big part of that. However, as part of dealing, I've kind of 'drawn within myself' and I think this moustace I've grown has been a part of that. I started it for the Movember fundraiser but kept it going to get it long enough to wax and curl. I think I did it as a way to 'take myself of the market' - as something that would make me intentionally less attractive to women, so internally I woudn't need to spend any thought or energy on that. In other words, setting up an internal dialog of "don't even bother thinking about dating again, 'cause who's going to go for the guy with the big bushy moustache."

And here's where I get to the vanity part... Thing is, I think I'm getting to the part of at least thinking about dating again. And I was all set to shave it off today, exept I've gotten compliments. However, I've paid attention and the vast majority of compliments have been from men, not women. So I'm throwing it up to all the primal ladies and She-Groks out there. Should it stay or should it go?
    LOVE the Mo! I really like men with beards and moustaches. Keep it and find a lady who loves you for who you are, not how you look. And you have done very well on your Primal journal, congratulations. You look much younger and fitter.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Chochobo View Post
    thanks everyone. im tryin my hardest and i feel like ive improved a whole lot. ill keep on grokin
    Wow! What a difference. You must feel great and can be rightly proud of your achievement!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Lindsay Grok is offline Member
    Well, here I go. Still a lot of work to be done but looking/feeling better than I have... in probably my entire life. Grok on! The pictures are on my blog.

Lindsay Groks On: Before and After Pictures

Thank you for all you guys do. What inspiration!
    Lindsay Groks On

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
    -- Mark Twain

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Great i just started following you, and im looking forward to reading more about your journey

@Ayla -- thanks for following! I just added you as well. Love reading about other people's journeys!
    Lindsay Groks On

-- Mark Twain

joan is offline Senior Member
    go lindsay! i like the clear sassiness in your pictures can't wait to see your 'during' pictures now that you're primal!

thanks josh and timothy also, tim, the 'skin tone' may be from lighting variance. the pictures were taken in different rooms. i'm taking them all in my room from now on (no windows) with flash, same camera angle, etc. for consistency. i hope my skin tone is better, though

Thanks Joan! Yep, now being settled into our new home our house is filled with nothing but primal stuff (except for all the damn Christmas goodies the in-laws brought >.<) Living on 20 acres means I'll get my exercise though I focus mostly on diet because I have significant hormone impairments. Love your journal!
    Lindsay Groks On

-- Mark Twain

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone for your comments! Definitely apprecieated. 'Stache is still sticking around for a bit. At least a couple of more weeks. Interestingly, in my polling guys have been almost universal in keeping it, women have been split about 50/50.

Grumpy and Timothy, I definitely get the confidence/personal choice thing, this was strictly an aesthetic question to a more or less anonymous group of people. And Trifith, I had *no* doubt what your opinion would be! I've seen your posts and that marvelous lip sweater you've got going on!

But in the end it might come down to Bloodorchid. How can you not listen to someone who uses Shawn of the Dead as her avatar? Best movie ever.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html