Page 339 of 552 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 5518

Thread: Before and after pics page 339

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I can't believe it either! Looking forward to the other pics ;-)
    jk your climbing setup looks cool, can't believe you take your own mats out to a the rocks, that's a great idea.My local indoor climbing gym doesn't even have mats, it's all belay climbs. But I learnt to climb (scarily too many years ago now) in a gym that was fully covered with foot thick crash mats, it was wicked fun free climbing as high as you could and not having to worry about falling.
    Screw your gym. Just find some guys who are into climbing and buy your own mats. Or, if you can, become friends with climbers. Most of the ones I know have their own mats and go bouldering all the time. You don't need to pay a gym just to go bouldering.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

joan is offline Senior Member
    this thread has been my bedtime snack every night, and it is Such a treat to read/view. i went primal eight days ago and still have over 100 pages of the thread to check out. at first i just skimmed through for pictures, but by the second or third night i couldn't help reading all the stories, feedback, and support - holy cow, you guys are all awesome, both for sharing stories And for sharing congratulations. i bet it feels amazing to be on the receiving end of all that.

here are my 'starting' pictures from four days into primal. in my primal journal thread i've got a few other context photos from the past few months. keep an eye out for monthly updates

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Here you go, Joan!!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    I love this thread! I will be making a daily visit here to see all of you brave and amazing folks. I just took my before pictures but there is no way I am posting them until I uncover some of my "after" self. I am a somewhat muscular 5'2" 54yo with about 30 pounds to lose, mostly in the belly and boobs. I feel like a cartoon right now and can't wait to be the slim and strong Cave Woman I was meant to be.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Here are my 'before' and 'during' pics. I'm 5 ft 3, aged 41. The 'Before' was taken in June 2011, a couple of weeks into primal, weighing in at about 180 lbs. I'd already lost about 16 lbs through chronic cardio.

The 'Durings' were taken earlier today (31 Dec 2011), weighing in at 164 lbs.

Before:

During:

I'm still doing lots of cardio but have switched to interval training to make it more primal, have built a lot more strength-building and yoga into my gym workouts, as well as taking up fitness hula hooping, which I mostly do outdoors in a park. I walk quite a bit, doing a 5+ mile walk most weekends.

My target weight is around 145 lbs - I'll see how I feel when I get thereabouts. My legs are naturally very muscular, and I am small-boned. I find it difficult to lose weight during October to March so my strategy is to gain muscle and maintain my weight during those months and during the spring/summer to lose weight at a healthy pace (around 2-5 lbs a month).

I'm pescatarian and most of my protein comes from wild pacific salmon, sheeps and goats cheese and eggs.

Love this thread. Happy New Year everyone.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 12-31-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    mmmmm.... my wife is supposed to bring some of her brother's sheep cheese when she gets back from Wisconsin. I can't wait.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Nom nom ... it tastes great with cherry jam.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    Well, I've said elsewhere that I was going to post an update quarterly to this page. Kind of as a way to keep myself in check.

So, here it is, despite being in pretty much a stall or plateau for the last 4 months. But in that time work and other stress has kicked up while exercise has unfortunately needed to back down some. And through December I've been I'm sure closer to 50/50 than 80/20. But, new years are for new beginnings, and I would say even staying level is an accomplishment.

On my journal where I post monthly updates I usually include a vanity pic - right after work out, flexing, that sort of thing. A week ago an artist friend was in town. He's a print maker and was looking for some images to use as models for some bare-knuckles boxing/Victorian strongman ideas he's been messing with. So I threw on a pair of cycling bib shorts (closest to old-fashioned swim wear I have - he will manipulate the imate) and below is a sample.

Which leads me to a.... somewhat philosophical comment followed by an extremely vain question:

So I've had a couple of difficult years with a lot of personal issues including the breakup of my marriage, but I am actively dealing and am getting better. Taking better care of myself and following the Primal Blueprint has been a big part of that. However, as part of dealing, I've kind of 'drawn within myself' and I think this moustace I've grown has been a part of that. I started it for the Movember fundraiser but kept it going to get it long enough to wax and curl. I think I did it as a way to 'take myself of the market' - as something that would make me intentionally less attractive to women, so internally I woudn't need to spend any thought or energy on that. In other words, setting up an internal dialog of "don't even bother thinking about dating again, 'cause who's going to go for the guy with the big bushy moustache."

And here's where I get to the vanity part... Thing is, I think I'm getting to the part of at least thinking about dating again. And I was all set to shave it off today, exept I've gotten compliments. However, I've paid attention and the vast majority of compliments have been from men, not women. So I'm throwing it up to all the primal ladies and She-Groks out there. Should it stay or should it go?
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i kinda dig the old style strong man look you've got going on there (i'm a lady btw) so there's one opinion on it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I say the the mo should go
    Great progress though