Page 336 of 553 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386436 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 336

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tplank View Post
    I agree that getting GERD gone was a high point for me. It was beginning to ruin my life and the docs pretty much had no hope. People wonder why I am skeptical of the medical community in many ways, but it seems like there are a lot of people that are helped by this kind of eating and it should at least get some currency in the profession. There are more doctors coming around, so maybe there is hope.
    The very most amazing thing to me about this whole Primal WOE is that my absolutely heinous heartburn/reflux issue evaporated in 48 hours after ditching the grain foods. No joke, I used to chow Tums like candy. I would wake up in the middle of the night with a throat full of acid a couple times a week. I kept a bottle of antacid tablets by the bed and would chew fresh ginger all day long to keep my nausea down. For most of that time I was eating an ultra low-cal, low-fat, vegan-ish (McDougall/Ornish type) diet and mostly gaining weight all the time.
    I am convinced that every time I asked a doctor about this, they just thought I was eating corndogs all day and lying about it. Every single time the answer would be to cut down on fat and sugary carbonated drinks, no matter how strongly I insisted I was already avoiding both like the plague, and eat more whole-grain foods, especially oatmeal.

Every day I'd have a bowl of no-fat/sugar-added whole pearl barley or steel-cut oats and some fruit for breakfast, and half an hour later like clockwork I'd have heartburn and nausea. Now I eat hog jowl and duck eggs with a little spinach and am happy as a GD clam, and haven't eaten a single Tum ( ;09 ) in the better part of a year.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Rhyno is offline Member
    Enough with the spam, you *Insert Expletives*

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Newbie here...

I am a 43 yr old male (@ 6'3").
    Start weight: 212 pounds
    Start waist: 36"
    3 month Goal weight (roughly): 190-195 pounds

My main goal is just to be a lot healthier, but I'd also like to drop the 'pouch' I've picked up over the years, and put on some good quality muscle. Weight isn't really all that important to me. But, I prefer to shed the beer belly before I start really focusing on putting on the muscle.

I bought the book on Sunday. Started following the nutritional (I hate the word 'diet' and can't bring myself to use it) advice that night. I started the exercise advice yesterday.

I will post my 'before' pic's now, in order to help keep me motivated.

To everyone that has posted theirs, I really thank you because you helped light a fire under my behind to get myself healthy again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PeacefulWarrior; 12-14-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Can't believe I never looked through this thread! Will have to get some "partially clothed in front of the mirror" pics later, but here are a couple recent ones of me climbing that show my current progress on primal:

Last edited by Clymb; 12-14-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    Can't believe I never looked through this thread! Will have to get some "partially clothed in front of the mirror" pics later, but here are a couple recent ones of me climbing that show my current progress on primal:

I can't believe it either! Looking forward to the other pics ;-)
    jk your climbing setup looks cool, can't believe you take your own mats out to a the rocks, that's a great idea.My local indoor climbing gym doesn't even have mats, it's all belay climbs. But I learnt to climb (scarily too many years ago now) in a gym that was fully covered with foot thick crash mats, it was wicked fun free climbing as high as you could and not having to worry about falling.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I can't believe it either! Looking forward to the other pics ;-)
    jk your climbing setup looks cool, can't believe you take your own mats out to a the rocks, that's a great idea.My local indoor climbing gym doesn't even have mats, it's all belay climbs. But I learnt to climb (scarily too many years ago now) in a gym that was fully covered with foot thick crash mats, it was wicked fun free climbing as high as you could and not having to worry about falling.
    Lol it's called bouldering when you take your pads out and climb without ropes! So fun, totally lame your gym doesn't have it. Has a whole different physicality to it as opposed to climbing ropes

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Bouldering is where it's at.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Bouldering is where it's at.
    Amen, brotha!

wiltondeportes Guest
    It's pretty interesting checking out how everyone has changed. I figured it was time for me to join the party. I don't really have a before, but I don't look a whole lot different. One difference would be skin tone, but that would be more apparent during a sunny month. Secondly, I have added about 10 pounds since the last time I weighed myself (god knows how long ago) which is heavier/faster/stronger than I was playing sports in high school at the exact same height. The before wouldn't help here either though because I don't look any bulkier. Anyways...I just wanted to be another example of a healthy person living primal.

Look at that thigh muscle....yeaaaah
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 12-15-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Trifith is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here I go again.

Starting Picture

4 weeks

8 Weeks

12 Weeks

I've also managed to get a coworker interested. She's returning my copy of 21 Day TBT to buy her own 'so she can mark in it'
    My GF, who is a professional pastry chef, and surronded by temptation, has been primal right along with me and has lost nearly 50 lbs. And now, we've nearly converted her father to this WOE.
    Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal