Page 335 of 553 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 335

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Summer 2010-2011 vs. today

Looked mostly like the left pic until late this summer. Didn't really see much of any visible progress until this September (which is when I started giving an ounce of thought as to what I was doing). Workout is mostly one on, one off, alternating between weighted dips/chinups with other bodyweight exercise sprinkled in. Diet basically paleo/primal.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    So... your face is an event horizon?!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

LuluButtons is offline Junior Member
    I am obsessed with this thread and seeing all the great success stories.

Can't wait to post my own before and after pictures. Took my "befores" the other night and that was a scary prospect.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    so... Your face is an event horizon?!
    lmfao
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

wesrman is offline Member
    Im new here and just want to say WOW and congrats to all of you! I am so impressed!
    Last edited by wesrman; 12-12-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Pop Grok and Drop is offline Junior Member
    Have been paleo-ish for a couple of years now. Frequent cheats (maybe a little rice/pasta every other day). Also, don't do sprints and only lift. Sometimes though, I do extremely high rep sets (40+) with very short breaks in between, which might physiologically be the same as HIIT. This was me at my peak about a year ago. I'm pretty much the same size, carrying a little more fat in the midsection. Time for a Whole 30 perhaps.

Last edited by Pop Grok and Drop; 12-10-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    So... your face is an event horizon?!
    Haha. The funny thing is the amount of food I eat now is enough to make some people wonder if my mouth itself is a black hole.

You know what kind of bothers me though? After looking through this thread there are a lot of good weight loss stories, and it kills me that I don't really have one even though I used to be pretty fat. 3-4 years ago I lost about 40 lbs and that coincided with a lot of GERD-like symptoms that to this day have gone undiagnosed (best I got in the end was "probably IBS"). Then, about a year ago I started trying to get healthier, and for awhile I ate like a rabbit for the most part. Lost way too much weight at that point, and it wasn't until I did some reading about paleo/primal that I finally found something that not only got me back to a normal weight, but almost completely got rid of my GERD symptoms.

But I dunno, for some reason people are more drawn to the dramatic weight loss thing, which I get, but I hate to see it when people do it in really unhealthy ways. I blame shows like The Biggest Loser, and all these diets tips that pop up on various shows which, to me, amount to starvation (they call it portion control). It's really frustrating to watch sometimes. Especially when you know people who try to lose weight this way.

Maybe not the best place to post this rant but I had to get that off my chest.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    What do you mean? That's a decent weight-loss story, petriquor.

Well my point was the fact that my initial weight loss was inadvertent and probably as a result of extreme digestive stress. The real victory, the way I see it, was finally getting around to healthy eating.

tplank is offline Senior Member
    I agree that getting GERD gone was a high point for me. It was beginning to ruin my life and the docs pretty much had no hope. People wonder why I am skeptical of the medical community in many ways, but it seems like there are a lot of people that are helped by this kind of eating and it should at least get some currency in the profession. There are more doctors coming around, so maybe there is hope.