Page 328 of 553 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 328

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post

Kitoi: That hammer pic is the best one so far. You are screen-ready for the next prison breakout movie.
    Which begs the question, where are all the prison workout vids? obviously they have something going.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Pimzilla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitoi View Post
    I'm doin'!

inspired by iniQuity's comment
    Should be the cover of a "womens magazine"

Sigi is offline Senior Member

u

inspired by iniQuity's comment[/QUOTE]

Oh ... my ... [fans self, tries to remember to breathe ...]

And iniQuity - you is HAWT, young man!

A general "great job!" to everyone who posts here, no matter where in your journey you are. One day I hope to as well.

Pimzilla is offline Member
    I said I was going to post every 4 weeks and here is my 2nd photo session.
    Before pictures 4 weeks on primal, around 160-161lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimzilla View Post

8.5 weeks on primal, current weight 155.5 lbs.

[IMG=http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1560/85weeksprofile.th.jpg][/IMG]
    Last edited by Pimzilla; 11-25-2011 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Last pic seems to not work.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    IniQuity: Most impressive! Awesome that you can maintain so easily. If you start cutting again after winter it's going to get crazy.
    Thanks! my cutting will happen naturally when my gf and I move in together, we'll buy less crap than what we have at our houses now. To cut, all I really have to do is focus on meat and veggies, and it just happens. Basically, the closer I strive for 100% the better I look and feel. Lately the girl and I have started entering hibernation mode so she's bringing ice cream at night to tempt me and so that I can't say anything about the stuff she brings for herself (usually ice cream, but with cookies and garbage mixed in... she's my Dairy Queen) so that happens about once or twice a week.

The thing is though, I don't really see the point in striving to shave off the last bit of BF. I'm more than happy with how I look now, my gf loves it, and it's not like I'm aiming to make money off it. I'm only 5'7, no men's mags are going to be knocking at my door anytime soon. So then, why would I want to do something that nobody really cares for me to achieve? not even myself. Clearly my body is happy, as I've been pretty much at the same stage for at least a year (based on the pics above, though keeping in mind I DID gain at least 10-15lbs after that whole30 shot, what I mean is coming back to that body comp isn't hard for me) so this must be my homeostasis point. Going further means my body's going to fight me on it, as it should. At this point I'd only cut strictly as a way to say I did it. I am curious if I'd be able to maintain that for sure, so it's still something I might do, but going super shredded, nah I don't think I need to bother.

The beauty of this primal thang of ours is the knowledge you gain. I know I can not just get off the wagon but tip that bitch over and still be able to get back in action rather easily. It's the best.

I forgot to mention that a big part of my maintenance abilities is fasting. Fasting has been a constant for over a year now. I rarely eat before 1pm mon-fri and that sometimes happens by itself on the weekends as well. I've made some TERRIBLE choices that would spell doom for others or initiate massive binges, but I've always been able to fast without a single issue (it creeps me out) and I attribute fasting with helping here a lot. It just has to. I've eaten so poorly, making the fat+carb combinations most would steer clear from and I really haven't gained the weight that some may expect I would. I have to assume fasting helped me deal with those extra calories or kept me insulin sensitive or who the hell knows. I still never skip an entire day of eating, and always eat at the very least twice a day. I've never been interested in fasting longer than that, even 24hr fasts piss me off, I only do it if it just ends up happening. I never plan for them.
    Last edited by iniQuity; 11-24-2011 at 04:31 AM.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitoi View Post
    I'm doin'!

inspired by iniQuity's comment
    You most certainly are! ;D ;D
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Ok, here is my progress. Weight loss started after going primal in early June 2011. I still have a way to go, I'm LHT and getting quite strong, maybe next time I post a pic I'll try to flex my muscles a bit. Give me another few months... :

Last edited by Glamorama; 11-28-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Excellent, Pimzilla! Looking very good in the abdominal region. Getting some nice contours there.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    The thing is though, I don't really see the point in striving to shave off the last bit of BF. I'm more than happy with how I look now, my gf loves it, and it's not like I'm aiming to make money off it.
    Wisdom. You are looking very good indeed. Cutting more might be fun for a challenge but you already have an enviable physique. How you feel matters the most. I'm sure your girl would prefer your current look over, say, Martin Berkhan's.

As for me, I want Kitoi's look!

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I forgot to mention that a big part of my maintenance abilities is fasting. Fasting has been a constant for over a year now. I rarely eat before 1pm mon-fri and that sometimes happens by itself on the weekends as well. I've made some TERRIBLE choices that would spell doom for others or initiate massive binges, but I've always been able to fast without a single issue (it creeps me out) and I attribute fasting with helping here a lot. It just has to. I've eaten so poorly, making the fat+carb combinations most would steer clear from and I really haven't gained the weight that some may expect I would. I have to assume fasting helped me deal with those extra calories or kept me insulin sensitive or who the hell knows. I still never skip an entire day of eating, and always eat at the very least twice a day. I've never been interested in fasting longer than that, even 24hr fasts piss me off, I only do it if it just ends up happening. I never plan for them.
    More wisdom. Regular fasting, normally meaning skipping breakfast and staying active until lunch, is easy to get used to and extremely effective. When you do eat, your body uses the calories wisely, rather than trying to stuff them any old place. Having followed this approach for over a year, the only times I'm tempted to eat breakfast are when I unwisely restricted my calories too much the previous day.

EDIT: Wow Glamorama, 40 pounds dusted! You look amazing. Would love to hear about your particular approach to LHT.

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    Looking good, Pimzilla! Keep up the great work!

And Glamorama - amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    EDIT: Wow Glamorama, 40 pounds dusted! You look amazing. Would love to hear about your particular approach to LHT.
    I've gone very easy on the LHT-regime, mainly because I'm still waiting for my new gym to open so I can start going and really start lifting, follow a program etc. In the last 4 months I have used my husband's Olympic bench/barbells/dumbells at home. I do bench-press (nearly 90 lbs now) 3x3, sometimes 5x3 depending on form. I do biceps-curls, squats, lunges, dumbell-rows, dead-lifts. I do a ton of ab-work like planks (all sorts of planks), leg raises, crunches, T-planks and so on.

I have used the following DVDs for general strenght: The 30 Day Shred. Get Ripped in 30 and 6Weeks 6Pack. (not primal, I know, but a very good HIIT 20 min work-out).

My arms, shoulders and chest are looking very nice when I flex, triceps and belly are still problem-areas. The obliques are starting to appear too- slowly. I'm tipping I'm still 30% BF, first goal is 24%.
    Last edited by Glamorama; 11-28-2011 at 03:27 PM.