Page 323 of 555 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 5541

Thread: Before and after pics page 323

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by babycakes View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I'm new to PB, but isn't running anti primal?? a little confused...
    No, chronic cardio is, though.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by babycakes View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I'm new to PB, but isn't running anti primal?? a little confused...
    If you can run and not exceed 55-70% max bpm you're okay. Obviously you'd have to be pretty fit to do that though. 55-70% for me is more like a brisk walking-pace or very slow jog.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    If you can run and not exceed 55-70% max bpm you're okay. Obviously you'd have to be pretty fit to do that though. 55-70% for me is more like a brisk walking-pace or very slow jog.
    Running's okay regardless of percentages. Chronic cardio has nothing to do with BPM, really. If it did, sprinting wouldn't be a part of the PB and using Tabata Protocol for HIIT would be a bad thing (and it isn't). It's not a matter of hitting, or coming close to, max BPM. It has to do with how often you push yourself to that point and how long you keep yourself at that point. Doing it often and keeping yourself there for long periods = chronic cardio.

As Grumpy said, the point is not to think of exercise as the means to weight loss. Diet is primary; exercise is just the seasoning on the steak. If you enjoy running, run. If you don't, don't.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

RachelY is offline Junior Member
    This thread is SO SO inspiring! I cannot wait to post my before and after photos in a few months.

AndySlammer is offline Junior Member

Fall 2 Fall

This is from Fall 2010 to Fall 2011. But I only went Primal in April 2011.
    Fall10VS11..jpg
    Life not only begins at forty, it begins to show.

Another little update for you guys...

Dad and I New Years day I think it was...

Me this past weekend spending the day at the beach with my girlfriend

Its a funny feeling, being thin and actually wanting to share pictures of yourself instead of shying away from them all the time or wanting to hide them from friends and family. I really noticed how much I've lost in this latest picture, finally starting to sink in. Thats a good thing

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Huge difference, BillyGoat -- well done! The change is almost staggering. Like someone deflated you.

Andy, very noticeable change. And you look a helluva lot happier and healthier, too.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

An update from Halloween 2011
    Last edited by Adam Crafter; 11-03-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: link

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Crafter View Post
    An update from Halloween 2011
    Your link didn't post properly Adam, but like the kilt
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, cheers, everyone!
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude