Page 316 of 553 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 316

Freedish is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Misabi you look awesome!!
    You are a beast! (maybe not bane'esque but fricken close!!
    Out of curiosity...do you ever eat diary or soy?
    What about fruit? Thanks!
    Last edited by Freedish; 10-21-2011 at 11:16 AM.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I had to fight from laughing out loud and frightening my co-workers when I read this...
    +1

I laughed and scared the majority of my coworkers.

They're used to it by now.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    I laughed and scared the majority of my coworkers.
    That made me LOL.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Misabi, that's outstanding! Lots to compliment there, but the coolest part is your improved hormonal profile. In the first couple of pics you can see a lack of androgens and incipient moobliness. Now there's plenty of T flowing in your veins. Weights are going to do you a world of good. Bane will have some competition.

Out of curiosity, where did your waist measurement end up?
    lol thanks, I'm happy to be rid of the moobs too
    Measurements wise, for the past year I've been sitting at a 30" waist (measured at the narrowest point just above the navel),
    Chest was 38" at the lowest, but pulled that back up to 40". The thing that's probably really motivated me to get back to the gym is that my biceps are now at 12.5" relaxed and 13" flexed, whereas when I've previously been in shape (before crashing back to moobliness) they were over 14" flexed.
    And basically I'm inherently lazy and vain, but the vanity is winning as i think my tshirts fit better when my arms bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Freedish View Post
    Misabi you look awesome!!
    You are a beast! (maybe not bane'esque but fricken close!!
    Out of curiosity...do you ever eat diary or soy?
    What about fruit? Thanks!
    thanks freedish, though don't think I'm in the beast category yet
    I'd just accepted that this is my natural "lazy weight", but now my diet and sleep have been
    Dialled in for over a year i reply need to get on with the LHT's & sprints and see what manic happens

Initially i went 100% primal, no cheat days, no fruit and only dairy was butter or full fat no added sugar Greek yoghurt. And kept the carbs way down around 50 - 70gm/day, ketosis ruled.

These days I've relaxed a little, the carbs are probably now up around 100 -150gm/day some days, others lower. Just depends on what i feel like eating on any given day.
    I get my carbs from sweet potato, fruit and occasionally rice.
    I only drink milk in the odd cup of tea, full fat cream occasionally with fruit and occasionally when I'm in a rush and don't feel like fasting, I'll have some whey powder in coconut milk, with blueberries and cinnamon for flavour.

The only soy i eat is in soy sauce, also probably the only source of wheat that i still eat.
    At home i use traditional tamarin sauce which doesn't contain wheat, but the cheap stuff most people use to cook or get with sushi does. But don't sweat the small stuff, or you'll go nuts.

Interesting you ask though, a few years ago cow's milk was one of my big IBS triggers (was hitting the weights hard at the time, so drinking lots a day) so i switched to " healthy" soy milk, which i stuck with until i discovered paleo a few years ago. Maybe soy = moobliness

Just, sorry folks I just realised how long this post is..
    Last edited by Misabi; 10-21-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by jcard View Post
    Wow, David and Misibi. You guys look great! Very inspirational. Just the push I need to start lifting heavy again. =)
    jcard, it was seeing the progress of peeps like you that made me look at my own again and motivate me to stop being lazy. So thank you for the inspiration

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    thanks freedish, though don't think I'm in the beast category yet
    I'd just accepted that this is my natural "lazy weight", but now my diet and sleep have been
    Dialled in for over a year i reply need to get on with the LHT's & sprints and see what manic happens

Initially i went 100% primal, no cheat days, no fruit and only dairy was butter or full fat no added sugar Greek yoghurt. And kept the carbs way down around 50 - 70gm/day, ketosis ruled.

These days I've relaxed a little, the carbs are probably now up around 100 -150gm/day some days, others lower. Just depends on what i feel like eating on any given day.
    I get my carbs from sweet potato, fruit and occasionally rice.
    I only drink milk in the odd cup of tea, full fat cream occasionally with fruit and occasionally when I'm in a rush and don't feel like fasting, I'll have some whey powder in coconut milk, with blueberries and cinnamon for flavour.

The only soy i eat is in soy sauce, also probably the only source of wheat that i still eat.
    At home i use traditional tamarin sauce which doesn't contain wheat, but the cheap stuff most people use to cook or get with sushi does. But don't sweat the small stuff, or you'll go nuts.

Interesting you ask though, a few years ago cow's milk was one of my big IBS triggers (was hitting the weights hard at the time, so drinking lots a day) so i switched to " healthy" soy milk, which i stuck with until i discovered paleo a few years ago. Maybe soy = moobliness

Just, sorry folks I just realised how long this post is..
    Soy can =moobliness. It's estrogenic.

So you don't eat dairy like kefir, yogurt, etc?

You look freaking fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    Soy can =moobliness. It's estrogenic.

So you don't eat dairy like kefir, yogurt, etc?

You look freaking fantastic!
    Wow, thanks NDF

I do eat natural full fat greek yoghurt and full cream (though it goes in cycles, some months I'll go without, others I'll eat it a few days a week) and I cook with butter as one of my main fats along with beef/mutton dripping, lard and coconut oil.

I'm fine with kefir, but haven't made any for a while. Thanks for reminding me, I think I've still got a sachet of starter culture in the pantry

Let's call this time for an update....

three years back

April 2011

August 2011 - ran a 5k in san francisco supporting my sister

Last week, after running the mid-west spartan sprint (it damn near killed me, but it was fun)

oh and i was one of about 5 people i noticed who wore their grok on t-shirts to the spartan sprint race, though, it did absolutely destroy my vibram KSOs