Page 31 of 553 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131531 ... LastLast

Thread: Before and after pics page 31

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here is my ongoing transformation. The first two pictures were taken about 2.5 years ago. The second picture is after I lost about 85 lbs using CW. If you ask me, I was pretty weak/frail looking back then; I was also miserable counting calories. The last two pictures were just taken 30 minutes ago. They occurred after following the warrior diet for 10 months (IF every day with one big meal a day) and as of 1.5 months ago, i went completely grain/legume free (i ate non-gluten containing grains and legumes once a week with WD). I also do kettlebell lifting 3 times a week. Hopefully the results will keep on growing.

Last edited by cerebelumsdayoff; 06-02-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Dayyum! Not gonna lie cerebelumsdayoff... you are TOTALLY HOT!!! Congrats! You're an inspiration!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Grok View Post
    TheHallowOne...how tall are you? i started my journey off at 291 also, in a little over a month i've drop down to 268...

btw i'm 6'5" and wanting to get down to the low 200's myself....just seeing your pics is a great motivation
    I am 6'5" myself and I also started at 291. My goal is 210 but I reallly realllllly want to reach 199!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    Dayyum! Not gonna lie cerebelumsdayoff... you are TOTALLY HOT!!! Congrats! You're an inspiration!
    Haha thanks thehallowprince, i try It has not been an easy journey but it has been very educational and this forum is inspiring in its own right!

Hopefully more updates will follow in the near future!
    --

Quote Originally Posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
    Haha thanks thehallowprince, i try It has not been an easy journey but it has been very educational and this forum is inspiring in its own right!
    I absolutely agree! That is why I am 100% sure that I have lost the weight for life. It's all about the education. A lot of my fatty friends from high school have lost a bit of weight through various means. I, however, have lost it the fastest and with the fullest tummy. The others have starved themselves and counted Weight Watchers points. Yes, they've lost, but they've learned nothing... aside from how to add up WW points...

But through this forum I have been educated, with the results to prove it! When I learned about PB and Paleo, it made total sense. It suddenly kicked in to use real science, the science of human evolution and human history, to apply to weightloss.

It's all about education and what you put in your mouth. CW can keep their constant cardio and carbohydrate consumption!

Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    I absolutely agree! That is why I am 100% sure that I have lost the weight for life. It's all about the education. A lot of my fatty friends from high school have lost a bit of weight through various means. I, however, have lost it the fastest and with the fullest tummy. The others have starved themselves and counted Weight Watchers points. Yes, they've lost, but they've learned nothing... aside from how to add up WW points...

But through this forum I have been educated, with the results to prove it! When I learned about PB and Paleo, it made total sense. It suddenly kicked in to use real science, the science of human evolution and human history, to apply to weightloss.

It's all about education and what you put in your mouth. CW can keep their constant cardio and carbohydrate consumption!
    I could not agree more. I am sympathetic towards those who truly want to lose weight but cannot abscond from the traditional CW logic or its lack of it. I have two friends who want to lose weight and when I tell them that the key is to cut out all grains, processed foods, and sugars, they look at me in disbelief because I just completely obliterated a 'food group.' I guess ignorance is truly bliss.

I never understood weight watchers or anything like it. They are all as processed (and fat fearing) as you can get. I think that the most intuitive part of being primal is aberrating from the processed, not living solely on them. Again, people can convince themselves anything as long as it falls in line with what they want to believe.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
    Again, people can convince themselves anything as long as it falls in line with what they want to believe.
    Especially if everyone around them continues to repeat the same mantra as well...

barefooter is offline Junior Member
    Hi folks,

I had a bit of a rough PB evening (just a low, to be followed by a high to be followed by a low and so on) and so I came to the forum for some inspiration. I found this thread and since I found solace in it, I decided to contribute my own before and after photos for the next person who visits needing the same.

My before picture, from the early 2001.

I was right at 300 pounds at my heaviest, though these photos are probably around 270s. In 2003, I lost 110 pounds (exercising and counting calories with a SAD) and then dropped another 40 in 2007 (giving up refined sugar, but not carbs in general). Two and half months ago, I started PB and experienced a redistribution of weight. I am still 150 pounds, but my clothes fit as if I were 5-10 pounds lighter.

Official "after" picture, taken a couple years ago after eliminating refined sugars.

A couple weekends ago in the garden.

Trying to eat one of Mark's Nut Butter Bars last weekend while it's falling apart on me.

Last October before a push-up challenge called "Octoberchest."

holy crap barefooter!

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Mac
    Mac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, barefooter! Nicely done.