Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 297

chatyap29 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    thank you

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My fitness program is nearly word for word Mark's Primal Blueprint Fitness guide that you can download for free here as an ebook. I really think it is the best all around fitness program I have ever encountered. Sprinting is awesome. I really think the increase in heart and lung capacity I gained by sprinting were part of being able to get to the top of Mt. Kilimangaro even at that altitude.
    Sprints don't have to be running. They can be in a pool, on stairs, escalators, whatever works. The only requirement is that you be able to push yourself to the point that you are completely sucking wind, rest just barely long enough to let heart and lungs calm down, rinse, repeat.

I have a rebounder too and I use it often. It doesn't feel like exercise. It feels like it would qualify for the "play" category.
    So do you use your rebounder for sprints?

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird... amazing!!! You look awesome....
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Its been a while since I've dug around on this thread... and DAMN!!! There are some awesome success in here... KUDOS to all of you!!!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Dullahan is offline Member
    hot

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Attachment 4635
    October 07-March 08 Chemo sucks. No two ways about that.

Attachment 4633

I think I only kept this pic because my dog is so cute. Note how strap disappears into fat.

Attachment 4632

March 09 Wearing a size 16 and weighing in at 210, I drew a line in the sand. I'm 5'10" but that's still too much.

Went grain and any other starch free on January 1, 2010. Lost the first 30 lbs from 210 to 180 like magic but then it stopped. Found Primal and had high hopes for restarting the weight loss only to stall at 180 for another 5 months and even gained a few back. Decided to get serious about cutting back on the quantity not just eating good quality food March 2011. (See "Reality Check" thread if you want the details. Plus the Calorie Counting Distillation and Update for the Cliff's Notes.)

Five months later and 30 lbs lighter. Since starting the calorie controlled PB, I have lost four inches from my waist, now 28", five inches off my rear, now 39" and I am back into the size 8 jeans I used to wear in high school. I have now quit counting calories and have been maintaining right here very easily for several weeks. Don't worry. Calorie counting doesn't have to be permanent.

Attachment 4636Attachment 4637

The PB as written by Mark does work. But he never intended it to be an all you can eat buffet of bacon, brisket, and coconut oil. In fact he spent a whole chapter talking about calorie targeting and macros. It can be as "effortless" as the book cover promises for some people and then others like me just have to try a little harder. Do not give up. It can be done.
    It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Bane is offline Senior Member
    That's amazing, Paleobird. Wow. Congrats!
    Last edited by Bane; 09-20-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Tony Atomic is offline Member
    Jeez I love this thread! Nice work everyone!

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    Wow everyone, amazing work! These transformations are just so great to see happening

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird, you're so inspiring!

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudomotive View Post
    Posted my whole story in a seperate thread, but here are my before & after pictures:
    April 2006, ~235 lbs:

Lost a bunch of weight, then started roller coastering between ~175 and ~185 pounds (I'd periodically lost muscle and gain fat) before I found out about primal.

6 weeks of progress on the primal diet/fitness plan (First photo in the series is the day I started the primal diet, last is from last week):

I've been hanging around 169 lbs for a while now, but continue to get stronger and see a difference.

You can read the full post (with more photos and details) if you like here.
    That's pretty amazing for six weeks! Great work!