Page 296 of 553 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 5523

Thread: Before and after pics page 296

RyanMWilliams is offline Junior Member

Smile Progress Update

Shop Now

I thought I'd post my latest progress update. I've got a longer post up on my blog. Basically I'm seven months into this new journey. I'm getting healthier. Down almost forty pounds and more importantly, feeling much better. Now that the weight has dropped I'm started to explore various exercise ideas more. I've been running and cycling, but I'm starting to do more to work my upper body. I'm also interested in the whole MovNat idea.

This thread has really helped, so many inspirational stories here! Thanks!

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Ryan, outstanding progress! You must feel light as a feather now. Good luck with the upper body work -- I sense great muscle building in your future!

Paleobird: Holy smokes, I remember from April of this year when your progress was still under way. But now you blow my mind completely. You look like a different woman, and you've really proven the effectiveness of calorie restriction. I for one will not casually dismiss it any more.
    Last edited by Timothy; 09-19-2011 at 12:03 PM.

RyanMWilliams is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Ryan, outstanding progress! You must feel light as a feather now. Good luck with the upper body work -- I sense great muscle building in your future!
    Yeah, it's really great how much easier it is now to move! I picked up a thirty pound bag of dog food the other day, nothing too difficult, but then I thought about the fact that I was carrying around more weight than that all the time before! Incredible difference. The biggest drawback now is that I need to go buy clothes that fit.

Kane Augustus is offline Senior Member
    Wow, congratulations, Paleobird! That's some seriously amazing transformation you've put yourself through. My wife and I were shocked, and very happy for you.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiken3712 View Post
    That looks a lot like my scale mine seems to vary a lot on body fat %...maybe mine is just faulty I've gotten from 22-33% in the span of less than 2-3 weeks. Maybe its because I don't clean it or my feet before every time..the manual did say how clean your feet are could be an issue...I think.
    Could thicker calluses on your feet affect it to, do you think? That would be a pity, but im not giving up barefoot walks anytime soon.

Also, Paleobird, that bathing suit is AWESOME. You look like a Nagel painting in it and that hat (and I mean it as an amused compliment ;D)
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallaloo View Post
    I work at a place that has very steep escalators.
    I thought that if I ran up them several times a week that would be considered sprinting.
    This makes me twitch. Number 1, have you looked at the edges of the steps should you fall? Number 2, should you fall at the wrong time, you may risk getting hair/fingers/shoelaces/whatever caught in the escalator. Number 3, the steps are not spaced for walking or running.

Can you tell I'm a clutz?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

softthings is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    This makes me twitch. Number 1, have you looked at the edges of the steps should you fall? Number 2, should you fall at the wrong time, you may risk getting hair/fingers/shoelaces/whatever caught in the escalator. Number 3, the steps are not spaced for walking or running.

Can you tell I'm a clutz?
    ewe!! +1, but, i just fear escalators!!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallaloo View Post
    Wow PBird.. You are awesome!! I would love to know what your fitness program consist of. I have a similar body shape.
    Although nowhere near as fit and tight as yours. I know that I could get there however. I just ordered the T.Tapp DVD's and
    I have a rebounder. Not sure about the sprinting that is always mentioned. I work at a place that has very steep escalators.
    I thought that if I ran up them several times a week that would be considered sprinting. I am new to this way of life and am
    spending hour after hour in the forums. I see that you are very active here. I would love to get some pointers from you.
    Have a great day..
    My fitness program is nearly word for word Mark's Primal Blueprint Fitness guide that you can download for free here as an ebook. I really think it is the best all around fitness program I have ever encountered. Sprinting is awesome. I really think the increase in heart and lung capacity I gained by sprinting were part of being able to get to the top of Mt. Kilimangaro even at that altitude.
    Sprints don't have to be running. They can be in a pool, on stairs, escalators, whatever works. The only requirement is that you be able to push yourself to the point that you are completely sucking wind, rest just barely long enough to let heart and lungs calm down, rinse, repeat.

I have a rebounder too and I use it often. It doesn't feel like exercise. It feels like it would qualify for the "play" category.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Paleobird: Holy smokes, I remember from April of this year when your progress was still under way. But now you blow my mind completely. You look like a different woman, and you've really proven the effectiveness of calorie restriction. I for one will not casually dismiss it any more.
    Thank you for saying that. I appreciate it.

EatThinkBlog is offline Junior Member
    Wow, you guys are an inspiration. I'm a whole week in to Paleo/Primal eating and already down 7 lbs. My boyfriend thinks I'm a little bit nuts but is already fond of my increased evergy and my desire to suddenly get up a little early and hike or walk before work (sadly, we work graveyard shift... that's going to suck) and I think just that is winning him over. Maybe he'll come on this journey with me! Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm seriously impressed by all of you and hopefully, I'll have a progress pic soon. There is a 'before' pic on my blog that I'll post here with it if anyones curious. I have quite a ways to go, but I think I can do it.

-ETB