Page 291 of 554 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 5531

Thread: Before and after pics page 291

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It is amazing isn't it? . The whole male side of my family is like half yeti. I just go over it with clippers every now and then. If I don't then everything sort of grows in together, from the beard to chest to the back, like a hair hoody. Don't think that would look too great lol.

Surprisingly I actually started going bald at around 21. Another trait of the males in my family.
    Oh well I think it suits you just fine...some people just have the right look for bald...I think it looks better than having hair on some people. Same with glasses...the glasses look looks better on some than others. I don't think I look as good without my glasses. I don't think I look great with them :P but better than without. I'll post a picture with and without in a bit.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    I'm continually amazed at how Primal causes men to lose hair below the neckline.
    Hahahaaaa thanks for the laugh!
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntPol View Post
    Here are my pics after 6 weeks of eating primally (but not quite perfectlly primal and not organic) and doing CrossFit 3 times a week (modified and scaled).

Note: There is no weight loss during this time!!
    Aunt Pol:
    I have to tell you how much your pictures have been on my mind since I saw them. Just six weeks of 3x Crossfit weekly! This has been so inspirational and motivational to me .... at a time when I am really needing it. Like you, I also much prefer group exercise. It definitely does make me work harder than when I'm on my own, and also my (barre3) instructor comes and hunts me down when I don't show up. I've only been going 2x a week, but this has motivated me to commit to 3x (after I heal up from a hip injury, that is).

I also hope that you will repost these in batty's excellent thread for women on scale weight vs. body comp. changes.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Oh my gosh! I finally made it through this whole thread, ok, no I did not read every comment, but most, I have been working through this for weeks. It is so inspirational. I cannot wait till I have an after that I can photograph and put here so all the boys will say how hot I am!!!!!

Thanks so much to all for sharing, it really does help.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It is amazing isn't it? . The whole male side of my family is like half yeti. I just go over it with clippers every now and then. If I don't then everything sort of grows in together, from the beard to chest to the back, like a hair hoody. Don't think that would look too great lol.

Surprisingly I actually started going bald at around 21. Another trait of the males in my family.
    Might I just submit to the data-set that I am a 28 year old female who truly finds hirsute men on the balding-side attractive (as long as theyre in shape or trying to be, which fortunately we are not lacking around here )

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Oh my gosh! I finally made it through this whole thread, ok, no I did not read every comment, but most, I have been working through this for weeks.

Hooray! Welcome to the present!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

workout4ever is offline Junior Member
    Well I did write a post in the meet and great forum (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37542.html) but I thought I could post my picture here too.

I started primal last year in february at 185lbs and 6 feet tall. Over the next months I lost 50 lbs, I went down to 135lbs and felt kinda skinny so I decided to drink milk and workout on a more regular basis.

The first picture is from the end of july 2010 at 135lbs, and on the second picture from the last days of september 2010 I weigh 150lbs

Sadly I don't have any picture on my body when I was at 185lbs of flab and fat.

Now I weigh 160lbs with a bit more flab but I will start to eat clean again.
    Visit my website about fitness and health, would love some input .

http://www.workout4ever.com

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by workout4ever View Post
    Well I did write a post in the meet and great forum (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37542.html) but I thought I could post my picture here too.

I started primal last year in february at 185lbs and 6 feet tall. Over the next months I lost 50 lbs, I went down to 135lbs and felt kinda skinny so I decided to drink milk and workout on a more regular basis.

The first picture is from the end of july 2010 at 135lbs, and on the second picture from the last days of september 2010 I weigh 150lbs

Sadly I don't have any picture on my body when I was at 185lbs of flab and fat.

Now I weigh 160lbs with a bit more flab but I will start to eat clean again.
    You look great! Good job!

workout4ever is offline Junior Member
    Thank you I will try to take some new pictures since the ones I posted are old
    Last edited by workout4ever; 09-12-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Visit my website about fitness and health, would love some input .

http://www.workout4ever.com

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    The slight tan alone is a huge improvement, great job!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by barefooter View Post
    hi folks,

i had a bit of a rough pb evening (just a low, to be followed by a high to be followed by a low and so on) and so i came to the forum for some inspiration. I found this thread and since i found solace in it, i decided to contribute my own before and after photos for the next person who visits needing the same.

My before picture, from the early 2001.

i was right at 300 pounds at my heaviest, though these photos are probably around 270s. In 2003, i lost 110 pounds (exercising and counting calories with a sad) and then dropped another 40 in 2007 (giving up refined sugar, but not carbs in general). Two and half months ago, i started pb and experienced a redistribution of weight. I am still 150 pounds, but my clothes fit as if i were 5-10 pounds lighter.

Official "after" picture, taken a couple years ago after eliminating refined sugars.

a couple weekends ago in the garden.

trying to eat one of mark's nut butter bars last weekend while it's falling apart on me.

last october before a push-up challenge called "octoberchest."
    amazing!!!